UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Glantern's Customs

Glantern

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow and well WOW!!!, they all look marvelous!

Thanks, I'm quite pleased with how they turned out as well

Amazing Job Glantern. My favorite is the Final Battle Bishop, you did a great job re-creating the tubing and such. ;)

Speaking of Final Battle Bishop, in the group shot, Burke's head is angled in a way where he's looking at Bishop with huge :blink: eyes. :P

Final Battle Bishop is my favorite too(followed closely by Hudson and Hicks). He was tons of fun to make. The tubing is actually a Wonder Woman lasso, cut into two sections. I saw it laying in the parts bin and realized how perfectly it would work. And I hadn't noticed Burke's eyes in the picure, but it kind of works

These are great. (Ya hear that, DST?) I really like Burke- his expression is great. Final battle Bishop is another one of those fun designs in the same vein as exploded T-1000. I love it, and I want it.

My real hope is that DST will make their own, cause I'd love some aliens, not to mention I'd still love to have professional 'mates of these. And the T-1000 was my inspiration for Bishop, just cause it's such a cool idea

Final Battle Bishop was a nice surprise, and he looks awesome!

I figured he would be a suprise, cause when I mentioned it to some friends, they assumed Final Battle Ripley would be the variant, but I figure she'd make more sense in a second series, seeing as she's the star.

Alien & Aliens were such great movies. Your minimates brought the second movie all back to me. :D

Too bad the franchise went down the tubes after that. :angry:

Great job on these mates!

Totally agree with you about the movies. Alien 3 is(in my opinion) one of the worst letdowns in the history of sequels. They should have just stuck with two and called it a day.

on a side note, I would like to point out some interestiong facts I learned while making these

1. There are next to no good images of the face of Jennette Goldstien as Vasquez

2. There are next to no good images of any of the space marines' armor

3. Michael Beihn's likeness was nailed by DST on the kyle reese control art. I'm not quite sure what happened between that and the actual figure

4. Thanks to Hudson, I need a new Sgt. Rock, or at least his helmet

5. With pieces from the the Wolvierine movie 'mates alone, you can make an almost perfect Burke(Flannel shirt with rolled up jeans, tan life preserver vest, black jeans)

6. without noses, William Hope(Lt. Gorman) and Bill Paxton(Hudson) look scarily similar. I had originally intended to do a more serious Hudson, but when I did, I looked at him and said "but, I already made a Gorman"

7. Carrie Henn(Newt)'s likeness is incredibly hard to capture. I'm still not 100% happy with the final, but I'll live with it.

8. Paul Reiser is incredibly annoying.

Oh, and I forgot to post this pic earlier, but it's one of my favorites

post-2133-1246076835_thumb.jpg

"A-firmative"

Great stuff. Aliens is one my top three all-time movies, and I doubt if actual mates get made they will look any better. I'd tell you my favorite one, but after clicking back and forth between them for fifteen minutes, i decided i couldn't decide. Pm me your address and I will fully donate a Sgt. Rock helmet to your collection/cause.

You have some amazing work here. I love your improvements on some minimates (agreed on Bucky not looking like a teenager), a few much desired figures like the Watchmen and Question. But also less known character like Wendy and Marvin. Your Toro is perfect by the way, nice to see him not flamed up.

Fantastic, man, really.

Do you have any of the Mez-Itz Aliens? I think they'd all look good together...

Thanks. I don't have any of the mez-itz, but had been considering them. Any chance you could post a size comparison with an average minimate?

Any chance you're gonna attempt an alien minimate?

As I said in a previous post, I have some in the works, but I'm not sure if it'll work

Great stuff. Aliens is one my top three all-time movies, and I doubt if actual mates get made they will look any better. I'd tell you my favorite one, but after clicking back and forth between them for fifteen minutes, i decided i couldn't decide. Pm me your address and I will fully donate a Sgt. Rock helmet to your collection/cause.

Thanks for the compliments. As you can probably tell, Aliens is one of my favorite movies too.

Regarding the helmet, PM sent

You have some amazing work here. I love your improvements on some minimates (agreed on Bucky not looking like a teenager), a few much desired figures like the Watchmen and Question. But also less known character like Wendy and Marvin. Your Toro is perfect by the way, nice to see him not flamed up.

thanks, I always was more of a fan of some of the lesser known characters, one the major reasons I liked DC minimates so much. As for Toro, I trhought he turned out very well, and I chose not to do him flamed up because I figure if DST ever makes one, He'll be like the torch, and therefore my custom will stll be valid.

Ok, so, I really enjoyed ALIENS week. Enough that I might even go back and make a few more characters from that film. However, I feel I need to take at least a small break from that franchise and do something else. So, Next week I plan to do another themed week of minimates, but unlike last time, I'll try to have them done ahead of time so I don't run into anymore difficulties. So I figured I would give you guys a small preview of what's in store for next week. Below is a WIP pic of a few of next weeks minimates. I'm not going to say what they are until next monday, but feel free to guess, as you might get it right.

post-2133-1246415368_thumb.jpg

that's all 'til Monday. thanks for looking!

Figured it wouldn't take too long before somebody figured it out. Yes it's Star Wars, however I won't say what all of the characters are yet.

Oh what the hell. I'll play along. I'll say Star Wars, but i'll go into detail:

From left-to-right:

Luke

Han

Chewy

Vader

Leia

The one on the right is Luke (you can tell by the hair), so I'm guessing the one on the left is a storm trooper?

Either way, can't wait! :D

Well, I had planned on telling TTF that he was close, excepting the two on the ends, but nice catch punisher=D. Niether of you has gotten the 5th yet, though.

I'd just like to make it clear that this is just what I've finished so far. I plan on having at least 4 more 'mates done by next week in addition to these 5.

Edited by Glantern

[ punisher=D. Niether of you has gotten the 5th yet, though.

I'd just like to make it clear that this is just what I've finished so far. I plan on having at least 4 more 'mates done by next week in addition to these 5.

well then who else but greedo?

or obi wan

or boba fett

Edited by clayface1

Wow, I complete forgot all about this...I am so sorry!! :(

DSCN3100.jpg

The Queen (right) is horrendously out of scale, but the regular Alien (left) looks pretty good...

Though, I'm pretty sure I read on MMHQ about upcoming AvP Minimates... :huh:

Edited by TENIME_art

Ok, welcome to the first day of STAR WARS Week!

Rather than do the long writeups for each character, this week I'm just going to show the customs, with maybe a few comments.

LUKE SKYWALKER:

post-2133-1246855428_thumb.jpg

C3PO:

Boy did this guy remind me how much I hate gold paint. Oh well, he looks good in the end.

post-2133-1246855435_thumb.jpg

Ok, that's all for today, check back tomorrow for the next pair. Thanks for looking! Comments are always appreciated.

That IS Luke! Damn, you! Great work. Really great!!! I'm really looking forward to see those other characters being minimaterized!

______

Edit: Oh, C3PO is cool as well! You added some plastic for his upper legs, right?

Edited by Bob Harris

Yet another reminder of why Star Wars would've been the perfect Minimate license, nice :thumbsup: Luke Skywalker is just excellent, and C3PO's sorta frazzled expression is priceless... can't wait to see the rest!