Glantern's Customs

Glantern

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys

MinimateEspo25: to answer your question, these are are my modern characters, but I also have silver and golden age characters, so my main way of differentiating between time periods is color.

Ok, so today, I've got one new custom and two redo's of previous customs. I'm In a Watchmen mood lately, so that's why I made these guys

First up,

THE COMEDIAN

post-2133-1236019035_thumb.jpg

ROARSCACH(Normal and Prison)

I had originally only intended to give him two heads, masked and un masked, but then I wanted to display both, so I made a prison escape body for the unmasked head.

post-2133-1236019044_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys

MinimateEspo25: to answer your question, these are are my modern characters, but I also have silver and golden age characters, so my main way of differentiating between time periods is color.

Ok, so today, I've got one new custom and two redo's of previous customs. I'm In a Watchmen mood lately, so that's why I made these guys

First up,

THE COMEDIAN

post-2133-1236019035_thumb.jpg

ROARSCACH(Normal and Prison)

I had originally only intended to give him two heads, masked and un masked, but then I wanted to display both, so I made a prison escape body for the unmasked head.

post-2133-1236019044_thumb.jpg

Those look great!! Comic inspired, i hope, right?? And i really love Rorschach; whose jacket is that...or is it a custom scuplt. Also, while i do love your

Kovacs

shouldn't his hair be a tad more reddish?? just a thought; it looks like my color of brunette from the pic. They look lovely either way!! :)

Those look great!! Comic inspired, i hope, right?? And i really love Rorschach; whose jacket is that...or is it a custom scuplt. Also, while i do love your

Kovacs

shouldn't his hair be a tad more reddish?? just a thought; it looks like my color of brunette from the pic. They look lovely either way!! :)

Rorschach's coat is from Guy Gardner with a custom waist piece added to make it a trench coat. And in person the hair is much redder than the brown in the pic.

I love both your Rorschach's. That coat is the perfect piece for him and it looks great. Comedian is awesome too.

That Comedian you nailed. Rorschach you NAILED.

One little thing about Kovacs though: he's a little too smiley-looking. In the comic he never showed any emotion unless it was pissed off. This one is a little happy looking.

One little thing about Kovacs though: he's a little too smiley-looking. In the comic he never showed any emotion unless it was pissed off. This one is a little happy looking.

post-2133-1236042487_thumb.jpg

Fixed the Mouth and brightened up the hair

That's better. Awesome now!

That's better. Awesome now!

I agree completely!! That is perfect!! :lol:

Really like your customs, Glantern! I think it's very hard to do outlines for faces and other details by hand, not drawing them on pc and using decals. Well done! (And that Kraven/Doc Strange hair piece is brilliant for him, isn't it? Good choice!) And using Guy Gardner's jacket is something that I wanted to give a try for Rorschach's coat - after browsing hours and hours through the MM Database! And it looks like it works out pretty well! (I guess you just have to stick to DC when you want to customize DCs! :P) So I do hope I'll get my fingers on a Gardner mate soon! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Okay, more Watchmen customs again. Have to finish this set up, cause it's driving me crazy for it to be incomplete.

Today, We have three customs. 1 completely new, 1 a slight reworking of a previous custom, and 1 who started out as an easy rehash and turned into a complete redo.

SILK SPECTRE II:

post-2133-1237233236_thumb.jpg

DR. MANHATTAN:

There was nothing majorly wrong with my original of this guy, but I figured if I was making everyone else, he could use a touchup.

post-2133-1237233266_thumb.jpg

NITE OWL II:

Boy was this guy tricky. I originally was just gonna repaint my first one, but then as I looked at the source material, I realized he needed some major work. The cape proved to be the hardest part, as it took me like ten tries assembling it to realize that the plastic I was ressitant to being glued to itself. I finally decided to prime it, and then, it finally seemed to work.

post-2133-1237233336_thumb.jpg

Umm... okay, so no comments from last time. I just wanna throw it out there that Ireally appreaciate feedback on my stuff, so, please let me know what you think.

Alright, enough begging, onto the customs. These are Watchmen characters again, but no redos this time.

OZYMANDIAS:

post-2133-1237402492_thumb.jpg

And let's not forget....

BUBASTIS:

This one was tricky, but she was extemely fun to make. This is my favorite of this set of customs

post-2133-1237402506_thumb.jpg

A master and his pet

post-2133-1237402821_thumb.jpg

WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

post-2133-1237402584_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking, and once again, feedback is greatly aprecciated

Veidt does look pretty good, Glantern. Nice face expression. Who's head did you use? Did you use a sheet of plastic for his tunic? I thought about using a plstic folder for that.

And Bubastis: great idea! I really like his face expression and his long ears. Although his forelegs are a little too bulky compared to his hind legs. Great idea nevertheless.

• 2 weeks later...
Veidt does look pretty good, Glantern. Nice face expression. Who's head did you use? Did you use a sheet of plastic for his tunic? I thought about using a plstic folder for that.

And Bubastis: great idea! I really like his face expression and his long ears. Although his forelegs are a little too bulky compared to his hind legs. Great idea nevertheless.

For Veidt's head, I actually created a decal. I've attached it if you'd like to use it. I innitially tried using plastic for the tunic, but it ended up being too bulky, so i decided on paper, wich after two coats of paint is perfectly durable now.

Joe Hill and entertheninja!:

Thanks for the compliments on the Dr Horrible set. They were the set that really got me into customizing 'mates, and they still are my absolute favorites.

post-2133-1238534545_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so as you all know, I've been working on the Watchmen for a while now, and I realised, I had enough to do an entire series. So, I decided to put my design skills to use and make up some packaging for thes bad boys. Currently, I still have to print out and assemble the final product, but I figured I'd let everyone have a look at what they should look like. These designs are meant to work with a bubble of the DC/Star Trek shape. I plan to get up some pics of the real things soon, but let me know what you think of the ideas.

post-2133-1239474365_thumb.jpg

post-2133-1239474374_thumb.jpg

post-2133-1239474380_thumb.jpg