UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

3 days after release and NO ONE has any pics???

murderofcrows

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha how about State of Joy!

Just called the LCS and they got em in.. On my way to child like glee to pick up Tony and Pepper! I would imagine if they are hitting Utah then they must be hitting most places in the states by now.

Vox

Got my set today! I absolutely love this wave! Does anybody know if there's some kind of purpose for the holes on the backs of the Mark II and Mark III?

Oh, and only my Mark III helmet has a peg. Kinda weird.

Also kinda weird is that only the non-variant pack came with the normal feet for unarmored Mark I Tony. Which is fine since I was just going to display one of each anyway. Just thought it was odd.

Edited by God Magnus

Does anybody know if there's some kind of purpose for the holes on the backs of the Mark II and Mark III?

I believe they are to add the 'wings' that come on the Iron Man boxed set figure. The ones designed to slow him down in flight.

Best set ever, I just got mine and im so impressed. Thi s is probably the first set where the variant pack isnt a waste of a mate and buy that i mean "why do i need 2 of the same mate to get the special one" as you can have captured Tony as well as Mark 1.

awesome set

Edited by Leroy

Wow! Just wow! I've just opened these guys up for a first look and must say WOW! Phenominal job Art Asylum and DST. Without a doubt one of (if not) the best set of minimates around. BRAVO! :woot:

If you don't own these, GO OUT AND GET 'EM! NOW!!!

Wow! Just wow! I've just opened these guys up for a first look and must say WOW! Phenominal job Art Asylum and DST. Without a doubt one of (if not) the best set of minimates around. BRAVO! :woot:

If you don't own these, GO OUT AND GET 'EM! NOW!!!

One quick question MM,

Whats the plastic/paint quality like?

It seems more and more mates have wobbly knee syndrome because the plastic is too soft (This was an issue with some of the early DC mates too). For comparison go back and ''play'' with a something like a wave 2 Spidey then something from the last year or so... see what I mean?

I don't want to be the one who is the downer, especially as it's an IronMan wave but It seems the plastic quality has taken a nose dive to cut costs and I just get the feeling Minimates are definitely shifting towards becoming mini display pieces rather than toys because of the weakness of the softer plastics.

Anyone else care to share thoughts?

(Perhaps this topic needs its own thread?)

T.

TBT, all the plastic seems to be painted (even on Rhodey and Pepper). No colored plastics here. As far as loose joints go, Iron Monger does have a loose left knee, but that's why I buy MMs by the case. Other than him (so far) all knee and elbow joints are fine.

Got mine today.

Great timing in release, wonderful paint apps, good likenesses, innovative new pieces, good variant, the right number of figures, and terrific detail.

These may very well be the best Marvel-produced Minimates yet. Really wonderfully made; to me, these are the culmination of all our years of suggestions, complaints, and cries for improvements. They are the pinnacle of all that a Minimate can possibly be. The absolute best touches being the detailing under the armor pieces allowing for dual identities, the inclusion of extra pieces for different visual and articulation effects (extra legs for Iron Man Mark II and III), and the lack of a peg hole on Obadiah's head.

These, ladies and gentlemen, are products of a listening toy producer.

These, ladies and gentlemen, are the Minimates of the Future.

They are the pinnacle of all that a Minimate can possibly be.

Waits for Alpheon to be let down by whatever comes next*, from the pinacle there is only downhill ;)

T.

*Unless it includes a Capt Britain Minimate then I'll he'll be sooo happy!

Didn't think my LCS had ordered them, actually the manager, who usually does the ordering didn't either, then they show up today! Serious happy dance. Great wave. One funny thing though, my Mark II helmet doesn't have the "head peg" it's smooth inside like the Mark I, but the Mark III (that's the same mold ) has the peg. Is this true for anyone else?

One funny thing though, my Mark II helmet doesn't have the "head peg" it's smooth inside like the Mark I, but the Mark III (that's the same mold ) has the peg. Is this true for anyone else?

Yes, as mentioned in my previous post.

I'd like to take this moment to nominate the Mark I as the best 2-in-1 Minimate ever produced.

They are the pinnacle of all that a Minimate can possibly be.

Waits for Alpheon to be let down by whatever comes next*, from the pinacle there is only downhill ;)

I had considered that, and you're absolutely right. ;) I promise, though, not to fill any threads with whiny posts of "Why couldn't they do this like Iron Man? *pig snort*".

I'd like to take this moment to nominate the Mark I as the best 2-in-1 Minimate ever produced.

I second the nomination.

...but then, how many 2-in-1 Minimates have been produced? I can only think of the upcoming Skrulls and Classic Avengers, but I know I'm missing some.

Edited by Alpheon

got mine yesterday. oh man are they sweet. i love the mark III. i didn't think i would, but he is great. if anyone has a spare they would like to trade OR if anyone want a pepper pots PM. Becasue i can not justify buying a whole two just for one figure, but if i could trade pepper than it is not such a lose.

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

I cannot wait for mine to show up now!!!!

anyone else thinking of a war machine conversion with rhodesy and the MK II armour??

Or you could just wait for War Machine to come out in November o_o

i could.......

but i'm impaticiant as hell :P

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

I cannot wait for mine to show up now!!!!

anyone else thinking of a war machine conversion with rhodesy and the MK II armour??

Or you could just wait for War Machine to come out in November o_o

i could.......

but i'm impaticiant as hell :P

Turning variants into custom fodder makes die-hard collectors cry.

*hides custom figures cobbled from visorless Cyclops, Invisible Woman, White Queen, DoFP Wolvie, Archangel, J Jonah Jameson, Vision 2.0, Iceman, Spider-Woman II, etc*

You should see my Gold & Silver Spidey custom ....awesome. My Stealth Iron-Pheonix Super-Skrull is OK but needs a tweak ....perhaps a Black Symbiote head? ;)

really it cannot be as good as my Iron Fist-power Man-Silver Centurion-Santa Spider-Man

You should see my Gold & Silver Spidey custom ....awesome. My Stealth Iron-Pheonix Super-Skrull is OK but needs a tweak ....perhaps a Black Symbiote head? ;)

really it cannot be as good as my Iron Fist-power Man-Silver Centurion-Santa Spider-Man

Trump that with my Black Battle-Damaged ,Visorless , DOFP, Raft ,Bearded Cyclops ......with visor. ;)

Trump that with my Black Battle-Damaged ,Visorless , DOFP, Raft ,Bearded Cyclops ......with visor. ;)

what about my rainbow of blank minimate with the shoes from the hunt minimate?

what about my rainbow of blank minimate with the shoes from the hunt minimate?

......Free Comic Book Day Blank..... Army......which weren't free & I paid way too much for :P

Loose in Unopened Mint Box obviously.