UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

3 days after release and NO ONE has any pics???

murderofcrows

Yup, my package from BBTS showed up today too. And after a few hours of photo taking and editing I also have pics for you folks.

Here are the tray shots to show accessories:

pack0440i.jpg

pack0441i.jpg

pack0442i.jpg

pack0443i.jpg

Mark III Iron Man

It has a beautiful, shiny, automotive-clear-coat-style finish that will make it stand out from the rest of your Iron Men. The gold part of the helmet is removable and stays on with two little pins at the top. You can see the holes for them in the pic. There are no accessories that fit over the leg like Civil War Iron Man, they are new leg sculpts and the knees bend fine. Like gambitron said, he also comes with a set of regular Minimate legs.

fig0559f.jpgfig0559f2.jpg

fig0559b.jpgfig0559b2.jpg

fig0559f3.jpg

(Left) (Left Unarmored)

(Right) (Right Unarmored)

Pepper Potts

fig0560f.jpgfig0560b.jpg

(Left)

(Right)

Tony Stark

fig0562f.jpgfig0562b.jpg

(Left)

(Right)

Jim Rhodes

fig0563f.jpgfig0563b.jpg

(Left)

(Right)

Mark I Iron Man

It doesn't have the dirty paint apps from the control art, but I don't think that detracts at all from this figure. There are two removable armor pieces on each arm, and two on each leg.

fig0564f.jpgfig0564f2.jpg

fig0564b.jpgfig0564b2.jpg

(Left) (Left Unarmored)

Mark II Iron Man

Like the Mark III this one has a nice shiny paint job, new legs, extra legs, and two piece helmet. Thankfully the face is different.

fig0565f.jpgfig0565f2.jpg

fig0565b.jpgfig0565b2.jpg

fig0565f3.jpg

(Left) (Left Unarmored)

Iron Monger

The Iron Man armors are great and stand as some of the nicest Minimates made, but this Iron Monger... I don't know what too say... It's just too cool. Sure, you can hardly tell it's a Minimate under all that armor, but I don't care. It fits in with the others just fine. The only (minor) drawback is that it doesn't come with a pair of regular Minimate hands for Jeff-Bridges-mode. Everybody has extra hands lying around though, right? No biggie.

fig0561f.jpgfig0561f2.jpg

fig0561b.jpgfig0561b2.jpg

(Left) (Left Unarmored)

It will take me a while to get these up on the Database. I've still got to finish Hulk, Platoon, Susan, and Duff. :)

*EDIT: Ah crap! I just realized I forgot to put the hairpiece on "Captive Tony Stark" before taking those pics. Sorry about that guys.

Edited by Ivan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Wets pants*

These look amazing even better than I'd hoped... sadly it's going to be a while before I get these as I had to put a stop on toy spending at the moment!

Yeah I know... I need to sell some shit on ebay to raise the funds as I need at least 2 sets (more like a case) of these.

T.

Absolutely BRILLIANT wave of minimates! I have been looking forward to these for a very long time! The detail, the paint, the new molds, just awesome!

The only tiny comment I would make is, why no freckles on Pepper Potts? :)

No biggie though, that was just the only question the wife had. I am hopefully picking up my case tomorrow!

Vox

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

I cannot wait for mine to show up now!!!!

anyone else thinking of a war machine conversion with rhodesy and the MK II armour??

Actually, yes! I was going to try to buy two variants tomorrow from my comic shop (he gets three) and Sharpey some War Machine Details for what he may look like.

And: OMG they are f'king amazing. I must say, i do miss Pepper's bun, but i did miss out on Mary Jane, so...I also actually love the color. That's shocking.

So glad they changed the variant set to Mk 1. I really didn't know what i was going to do with an extra Rhodie, kinda like my extar b.d. hulk, but I love how now we can have Captivity and Mk1 at the same time.

Iron Monger is so god-freaking-awsome! The armor is just great; i may buy two for that alone! Shame about the hands, but the likeness of Stane is great.

My fav, though, is and will always be Mk 2. I was excited to have a silver Iron Man, movie-style no less, way back when these were announced, and i love it even more now. Tony's face is excellent, and do i spy a new hairpiece from the Mk 3.

Speaking of which, i really don't like Mk 3 that much. Sure, it looks phenomenal, but there is just something about it. Maybe it's the lack of the box set's b.d. apps.

Overall: Probably the best thing Marvel has done this year, in my opinion, and i totally can't wait for afterschool tomorrow!

Has anyone got these in their LCS yet? Mine usually calls me the night before a release but I haven't heard a thing yet. If you have seen them at you local comic shop, please let me know what state you are in.

Thanks

Vox

Is Obie a "hole-baldy," or does his mask not have a peg?

No mask peg, Obidah's head is hole free.

Unrelated but when does the 'Hostle Takeover' set come out? I used the Tony Stark suit for unarmored Obidah and now I needs me a civilian Tony.

Edited by dr baghead