UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

3 days after release and NO ONE has any pics???

murderofcrows

You should see my Gold & Silver Spidey custom ....awesome. My Stealth Iron-Pheonix Super-Skrull is OK but needs a tweak ....perhaps a Black Symbiote head? ;)

really it cannot be as good as my Iron Fist-power Man-Silver Centurion-Santa Spider-Man

Trump that with my Black Battle-Damaged ,Visorless , DOFP, Raft ,Bearded Cyclops ......with visor. ;)

what about my rainbow of blank minimate with the shoes from the hunt minimate?

......Free Comic Book Day Blank..... Army......which weren't free & I paid way too much for :P

Loose in Unopened Mint Box obviously.

victory is yours :(

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should see my Gold & Silver Spidey custom ....awesome. My Stealth Iron-Pheonix Super-Skrull is OK but needs a tweak ....perhaps a Black Symbiote head? ;)

really it cannot be as good as my Iron Fist-power Man-Silver Centurion-Santa Spider-Man

Trump that with my Black Battle-Damaged ,Visorless , DOFP, Raft ,Bearded Cyclops ......with visor. ;)

what about my rainbow of blank minimate with the shoes from the hunt minimate?

......Free Comic Book Day Blank..... Army......which weren't free & I paid way too much for :P

Loose in Unopened Mint Box obviously.

victory is yours :(

Not so fast... I had a hug from DST Chuck... with witnesses... PRICELESS!!!

T.

I'm unfortunately pretty disappointed with the Mark II and III Mates because of their helmets. The pegs that hold the mask on extend too far into the helmet, so if I try to put it on the Mate with the mask on, the helmet won't go on all the way. But if I take off the mask and then put the helmet on, the mask won't plug in securely because the head's in the way. So I either have skin showing at the bottom of the helmet or I have a mask that sticks out and falls off fairly easily. I figure if I tried to trim the pegs, then I'd still have the problem of the mask not staying on, now because the pegs would be too short.

That said, the normal people Mates are as good as can be expected and the Mark I and Iron Monger are absolutely fantastic. I'm bummed because I was particularly looking forward to enjoying the Mark III, but it can't be said enough how good Mark I and Iron Monger are.

I was just about to post for suggestions to solve that problem because my Mark III faceplate keeps slowly coming off. I push in on snug and then when I come home at the end of the day and go to admire these awesome minimates the faceplate has started to come off. Luckily my Mark II doesn't do this but I need to find a way to prevent the Mark III faceplate from continuing to come off.

Any suggestions?

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

I cannot wait for mine to show up now!!!!

anyone else thinking of a war machine conversion with rhodesy and the MK II armour??

Or you could just wait for War Machine to come out in November o_o

i could.......

but i'm impaticiant as hell :P

Turning variants into custom fodder makes die-hard collectors cry.

*hides custom figures cobbled from visorless Cyclops, Invisible Woman, White Queen, DoFP Wolvie, Archangel, J Jonah Jameson, Vision 2.0, Iceman, Spider-Woman II, etc*

hey i bought two sets to do this with,

i have one mkII in full armour, and one tony stark without armour so my spare rhodesy from the set gets the helmet, armour and the legs and the waist piece from one of my cylons

Hey, did anybody notice that the mark I IM that comes packaged with the variant mark II IM has no spare feet for cave Tony? There are spare feet in the Rhodey packs, but not even a slot in the tray with mark II. Weird!

I was just about to post for suggestions to solve that problem because my Mark III faceplate keeps slowly coming off. I push in on snug and then when I come home at the end of the day and go to admire these awesome minimates the faceplate has started to come off. Luckily my Mark II doesn't do this but I need to find a way to prevent the Mark III faceplate from continuing to come off.

Any suggestions?

Maybe you can shorten the pegs with a nail file?

Any suggestions?

Maybe you can shorten the pegs with a nail file?

This is a similar problem people have had with the DC Hawkman/Hawkgirl wings(the pegs are virtually the same). Snap the faceplate in, and try to flatten the tips a little(sorta like knee joint pegs). Hope it works.

Hi i'm new here and I was just wondering if the Iron Man Minimates could break easly as in do the have soft plastic which can tear off parts like arms and or legs? <_<

I accidently broke old shell-head's knee cap trying to remove his boot(not realizing there was a second set of legs :confused:). Me= Dumb-ass. :yes: Oh by the way, welcome to the boards(the first step in your addiction :P )

Edited by bilbofett

Man I haven't gotten any mates since WW Philly. I had finally got the Civil War boxset and lately I've been buying less mates. I'm only sticking to comic book characters now. I can't wait to get these Iron Man, Hulk, and Invaders.

Life has happened and I have been traveling alot more and spending more time off the internet. Hopefully I can come back to this awesome board more often.

I got my mates yesterday. They are awesome. I looked at Iron Monger and thought, this WOULD make a great Hulk Buster Armor. Hell, marvel could make one. All they would have to do is make different gauntlets. Awesome set though.

I got my mates yesterday. They are awesome. I looked at Iron Monger and thought, this WOULD make a great Hulk Buster Armor. Hell, marvel could make one. All they would have to do is make different gauntlets. Awesome set though.

i very good idea but dst would have to make a Hulk worthy of what would be an awesome fight!!

I ordered mine monday from corner store comics I hope they get here tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing you're going to have to wait longer than that. I preordered both new Marvel movie sets from there and still haven't received them. It seems like they haven't received their shipment yet.

Shortly after others on this site received their mates from other sources, I sent CSC an e-mail asking about their status of the figures. They said they were expecting them within a week, but it's been at least 2 now.

I know they can't necessarily be blamed for a late shipment, but it's still left an impression on me. I doubt I'll order from there again, since I would gladly have payed a little more to have these figures by now. Here's hoping I'll be surprised with a package from them within the next week.

Well, i almost have 2 full sets of this wave now (Thank You LCS Collector's Corner!!) and can't get enough of them. I have used my Stark Suit and Hair with Classic Bats for a nice Bruce-Wayne (There may be a comic in the midst...), i am starting to use the Obie-bodies for Arkham inmates (Loving this comic idea...) and Pepper's hair is still great since we can have like twenty and not ship out $20 for a variant MJ pack.

But the best by far: My LCS owner put aside for me ANOTHER Variant set on wednesday, and i just finished making a Movie-style War Machine custom!! Pics will be up soon. Or later. Or next weekend. Maybe...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face