UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So, I've got this thing

TM2 Dinobot

I've got this thing, and I don't have a clue what to do with it! I got Boba Fett when he came out. I. Was. Shocked. This? THIS is what people are raving about? I'd use it as a chew toy but I'm afraid I'd get lead poisoning from China.

These things are useless. They're on clearance all around my neck of the woods. They're not action figures. you can't do anything with them. I'd have sold mine long ago except (A it's Fett and (B it's worth less now than what I paid for it. I've got mine being used as a coaster right now. And yet people LOVE these things! What are they good for? NOTHING!

Okay, i'm finished. :P [/rant]

Thats 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back lol

Anyways, it all comes down to personal taste, if they're not for you, just move on =) I mean you only bought 1 and spent $10 bucks lol Mighty Muggs arent for everyone but they are really pupular and have done extremely well.

Also, care to share a pic of you using it as a coaster?!?! Sounds like a spill waiting to happen =)

Sorry you are unhappy with your Boba Fett.

To me, the appeal is in the design. No, they don't move like Minimates, or even LEGO minifigs for that matter, but they look cool in my opinion, and they look really nice on display in my living room.

I don't consider them as action figures. I think of them more as (very slightly) posable statues.

As much as I love them though, I realize they are not for everyone. It's just a matter of personal preference. Just like someone will say that Kubricks are the best block figure on the market. Then someone else will chime in stating how Minimates are the best thing since sliced bread. Then I'll come along and sing the praises of my LEGO minifigs. Personal preference. To each, his own. :)

Okay, I can understand the personal preference thing. Kinda. Intellectually. They just strike me as a waste of $10. Trust me, I've TRIED to like them. It just isn't going to happen. And i know to each his own, but I don't see how anyone could be playing with Mighty Muggs, when there's so much other, better stuff out there in the same price range. Thats all.

Sure, Are Jay, I'll try and snap some pics. Goober. ;p

There's something I can agree with you on. Mighty Muggs would not be fun to play with, in my opinion. I don't really "play" with my toys anymore because I'm old and I sadly don't have the imagination for anything aside from the occasional LEGO minifig lightsaber battle, but if I were buying them for the purpose of playing with them, I would probably feel the same way you do.

My Mighty Muggs are being used as statues. For play purposes, stick with more posable figures like Minimates or Marvel Legends, etc...

I hated them at first. I still can't say that I love them, but I do have three of them at this point (Hulk, Galactus, SDCC Iron Man). I can see me buying a few others in time.

........ and (B it's worth less now than what I paid for it.

I've resisted for hours before responding but I find an overwhelming need to respond.

As we move into a period of economic uncertainty I am distressed that your Mugg is worth less now than what you paid for it :ohmy: Please, for your own sake, start getting used to 'real' life . In a world where people's HOMES are worth less than what they paid for them I wouldn't get too upset about your Mugg & it's depreciation. :mellow:

........ and (B it's worth less now than what I paid for it.

I've resisted for hours before responding but I find an overwhelming need to respond.

As we move into a period of economic uncertainty I am distressed that your Mugg is worth less now than what you paid for it :ohmy: Please, for your own sake, start getting used to 'real' life . In a world where people's HOMES are worth less than what they paid for them I wouldn't get too upset about your Mugg & it's depreciation. :mellow:

Well, my point kinda was that in these times, if he was worth more, he'd be gone already. XD

I hated them at first. I still can't say that I love them, but I do have three of them at this point (Hulk, Galactus, SDCC Iron Man). I can see me buying a few others in time.

I was like this until I bought the Miss pickle Chewbacca. Now I have all the Star Wars Muggs, Blanks and Spidey, Doom And SDCC Iron Man.

To answer what they are good for I need to ask another question: What is a bust or statue good for? To look damn good, that's what. These on a shelf look damn good, well, damn cute anyway.

P.S. Don't know if you know, but the girls love them :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
P.S. Don't know if you know, but the girls love them :wub:

I'll have to try that! XD

BTW, did they ever make a blaster for Fett? He just doesn't seem right without it.

I gave mine another chance. He's... eh. I can't say I like him. I can't even say I tolerate him. I'm down to not hating his very existence. That's a start!