UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Mighty Muggs Gatchaman Ken pg 5!!!

ARE-JAY

Great muggs :thumbsup:

Just seen your Flash over on the lounge as well nice work again.

Hey, thanks =)

Heres a few more:

DR.MANHATTAN

1016080119.jpg

BARRY ALLEN FLASH

1013082053.jpg

SENTINEL

1010081439.jpg

CABLE

1010081452.jpg

GAMBIT

1010081440.jpg

BISHOP

1009082208.jpg

DARK KNIGHT BATMAN

1018081739.jpg

Edited by ARE-JAY

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after finally finishing the Star Wars Force Unleashed game, it became apparent that I needed to make the main character, Starkiller, into a custom! I chose his apprentice costume as it seems to be the most popular. It has A LOT of detail so it was quite a challenge but definately worth the effort =) Hope you guys like him! Comments/Feedback appreciated as always.

1021080226.jpg

1021080225.jpg

1021080227.jpg

1021080227a.jpg

1021080229.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So after going through my photobucket, I decided to count how many customs I've done thus far and to my surprise, I've completed 30!!! Yes, 30 of em! LOL Not only that, I have many more sitting on my shelf waiting to be started/finished. You would think I'd be sick of em already but I feel like I'm just getting started ;) So to mark the occasion, I made a collage to share with you guys. Enjoy the pic!

30customcollage.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

These new ones(as well as your other ones) are simply amazing! I am especially digging your mags2.0 he looks ready to kick some booty.

Also im a sucker for anything Iron Fist so I am especially fond of that one aswell

I love that Comedian mugg! It shocks me how you can afford so many, and make so many to such a high standard.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Much appreciated =)

I love that Comedian mugg! It shocks me how you can afford so many, and make so many to such a high standard.

The only customs I actually own of mine are Harley Quinn and Starkiller. All the other customs, with the exception of maybe 3 or 4, were commissions. I have about 22 that I'm working on right now. Someone hired me to do a Batman set with villains, and another hired me to do do a set of 10 Nintendo characters. Pics to come soon =)

So, can you share any secrets about how you do them? Paint? Masking? Genie in a bottle?

And why haven't you done one of these yet?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Mighty-Muggs-Po...A1%7C240%3A1318

Customizing muggs isnt all that hard really. The members here who customize minimates are the ones with the talent! Maybe I'll do a tutorial thread one of these days but all I do is prime the mugg, sketch the design onto the mugg with pencil, paint it using various brands acrylics, then go back and do the outling with black to make everything look clean. Lastly, I spray em with an acrylic sealer. Its actually really fun and I'd encourage everyone to try it!

And as far as the "Postman" custom you linked, well, ummm, I dunno what to say about that one LOL

• 4 weeks later...

So for any of you guys that follow my customs, I have a bit of exciting news! I have created a logo for myself , a modified version of my avatar I made ages ago, and I am now offering custom boxes with them =) The boxes look nearly identical to the official ones and feature concept art of my other customs on the back. I'll try to get some better pics up soon but I was excited to share. Let me know what you guys think!

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h4.jpg

h5.jpg

h7.jpg

h8.jpg