UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Mighty Muggs Gatchaman Ken pg 5!!!

ARE-JAY

Thought I'd share with you guys some of the customs I've done so far. Some are commissions and some are just characters I couldnt wait to see "mugged" lol Anyways, Hope you like em =) Comments/Feedback is always appreciated!

RORSCHACH

0921081937.jpg

SUNFIRE

1010081524a.jpg

CYCLOPS

0909080058.jpg

DEADPOOL

0901081906.jpg

IRON FIST

0831081930.jpg

OMEGA RED

0904081645.jpg

MYSTIQUE

0905081536.jpg

JUGGERNAUT

0910080033.jpg

ZOMBIE SNAKE

0828081624.jpg

ICEMAN

1010081524.jpg

AAYLA SECURA

0917081426.jpg

MAGNETO

Magentomugg.jpg

BATMAN

1002081328.jpg

Apocalypse

1010081439a.jpg

Nimrod

1007082029.jpg

Edited by ARE-JAY

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy amazing!! Those are GREAT; no wonder they're paid for!

Really, really good. Really.

I'm trying terribly hard to come up with a critique...but can't seem to find anything. Actually, the one and only thing I'd change is Rorschach's face. Seems a little too elaborate--I, personally, would pick a simpler blob pattern, but he still looks like Rorschach. All-in-all, spectacular!

You big jerk! How dare you hide all that greatness? Really, those are SPECTACULAR. Gonna do the other Watchmen? I bet that Dr. Manhattan Would work pretty well.

Seriously, great work!

Thanks for the comments guys =) I really appreciate it!

I use regular acrylic paints that can be found at Michaels, Walmart etc. I think they are like $.97 each?!?! They take a few coats but its worth it. Anyways, all my customs start with a concept drawing (see my other thread) then I prime the mugg, sketch the design in pencil, do the outlining in black paint, then paint the colors =) After I'm done I spray em with a matte acrylic sealer. Its actually really easy painting muggs and I'd encourage anyone to try it. I'll try and take some work in progress shots next time.

*** I added Aayla to my original post =) ***

Edited by ARE-JAY

Dude, those are great. How long did it take for each? Keep posting some pics of your work, your making me rethink this whole Mighty Muggs craze :thumbsup:

Hey, i saw on your ebay auction that you had a Mugg head of Grey-Fox. it looked like him anyway, did you make one or is that a future creation? if so, DEFINITLY make it, that would be awesome!

I've actually only done the concept art for him but hope to turn him into a custom soon =) Glad you liked him. Your Frankenstein is pretty sweet!

Anyways, updated post with Classic Batman!

Edited by ARE-JAY

Oh snap! That Batman is awesome!!! Yea, though the Grey Fox would be awesome, in all honesty if you wait a little bit you can use the Storm Shadow sword. Keep up the great customs, your already my favorite customizer, you make all the characters i love!

Hey, i saw on your ebay auction that you had a Mugg head of Grey-Fox. it looked like him anyway, did you make one or is that a future creation? if so, DEFINITLY make it, that would be awesome!

I've actually only done the concept art for him but hope to turn him into a custom soon =) Glad you liked him. Your Frankenstein is pretty sweet!

Anyways, updated post with Classic Batman!

How much do you want for him?! :woot:

Seriously, that would have to be one of the only muggs i would buy, and i hope they make one. Classic Batman has been one of my favorite costume designs from the JLU Series and the Minimate, and a mugg would be awesome to have (Do you hear me, Hasbro? ;) )

Nice work.