UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2-eyed Vader VS 4-eyed Vader

Shanester

IMO, the 2-eyed Vader looks better than the 4-eyed Vader. However, I haven't seen the 2-eyed version in person. Anyone know why they changed him?

2eyevadermm.jpg

4eyevadermm.jpg

From this side angle, the 4-eye version looks good, but any other angle looks odd to me.

Just wondering what you guys think.

I had read a while back that the "2-eyed" version was a mistake and that it should have always been the "4-eyed" version. A running change was made to correct the error.

However, I agree with you that the 2 eyed Vader looks better. Of course, the idea here is not that it is his eyes, but rather it's supposed to be light reflecting off of his mask. I bought a 4 eyed version, just to see how it looked out of the package, and I wasn't impressed. The upper circles get partially covered by his helmet and it just didn't look right.

If you want a nice Vader, though, wait for series 6. He has a double-printed head so you get old-worn-out-Anakin on one side, and a nice helmet print on the other. I also like the costume looks better on the new version. I'll try to find a picture to post.

**EDIT**

Here's a picture, taken by one of the members of the mightymuggslounge forum. He's in Singapore and they already got wave 6.

Wave 6 Vader

The only negative about him is his lightsaber is molded into his hand, because he has the removable hand feature like Bespin Luke and for whatever reason Hasbro decided not to mold the pieces separately.

Edited by minivenom

Nice! Thanks for that MV! I like the next version much beeter and will pick one up for sure.

So, the saber-hand comes off and there is a plain hand included?

Also, is the Stormtrooper sold without a blaster? I can't find out for sure.

I have the 4-eyed version, but I find that you can only see the upper "eyes" if you tilt his helmet back as far as it will go. If you put it on more level, then you only see the full small reflection on his left side and most of the small reflection on his right side (and cutting off the top of the right "eye"/reflection makes him look shifty, which I like).

And of course the amount you tilt his helmet forward also changes depending on what height you're displaying him at and looking from, since the look will change at different angles... :blink:

Anyway, my point is you can get the effect of 2 eyes, or close to it, with the 4-eyed version. I think the 2 eyes looks better, but it would have been best if they had fit the 4 eyes properly below the rim of the helmet, like in the illustration on the front of the box.

No, Vader doesn't have a plain hand, unfortunately. He only has the removable hand (to recreate the final duel with Luke) and the lightsaber is stuck in it. No posing this one without the lightsaber. Of course, I'm probably going to try to find two of them and see about removing the saber hilt myself. :)