UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Punisher:War Zone Minimates

winkerbean

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh...more dudes in suits.

Being Glass is half empty...without pics, this wave reeks of ghost rider and hulk waves....

Being Glass is half full...at least we will get a Jigsaw Mate.

with the exception of x men, all of the marvel movie mates were sub par compared to the comic waves.

I'm a huge Punisher fan, and I can't wait until the movie comes out, but I do have to agree that basing an entire wave on a movie that will likely lack any flashy costumes, etc, may be a misstep, especially considering how well Ghost Rider did in presales. That being said, I haven't seen them yet, and I'd still mark myself down for a case of these. I'm hoping these make it to shelves, but I'm not holding my breath just yet either.

Anyone else amused at DST/AA's Blogs where they pretty much tell us something we know and then say they cant show pix...

Seems to me that they are putting out filler for the site and it's only been up and working for a couple of months.

T.

Anyone else amused at DST/AA's Blogs where they pretty much tell us something we know and then say they cant show pix...

Seems to me that they are putting out filler for the site and it's only been up and working for a couple of months.

T.

I am happy that they are at least updating it more regularly then the old AA site where it would be monthes between updates. All these little behind the scene notes and shots are pretty cool.

Jeff of the Miniacs

I'm 100% pro-AA blog updates like these, even without pics.

However, this particular news leaves me cold. I'll likely skip this entire wave, as I never much liked the Punisher books.

I'm 100% pro-AA blog updates like these, even without pics.

However, this particular news leaves me cold. I'll likely skip this entire wave, as I never much liked the Punisher books.

I'm he same. The only thing that's interesting to me are guns. I really need more guns.

Don't get me wrong I like seeing updates at the AA site, I'm just a little concerned it's running out of steam already, it's like AA/DST websites have a limited lifespan before they die built into them. As I said I'd love for DST to prove me wrong.

As for the punisher wave, I'm happy as there are some cool characters in it and a LOT of guns, as mentioned before I saw artwork for a new assault punisher who had something like 9 different guns as accessories.

It seems that DST is drifting towards waves that fit movies and doing box sets of comic book events or teams.

T.

Gonna be a box set:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

civilian Frank Castle

Jigsaw

armory-equipped Assault Punisher

one of Jigsaw's many hired Thugs (Army builders in Marvel? or is he a specific character)

hell, if it's a random henchman, i'll buy fifty just for him! Not really a punisher kind of guy; never read his books, didn't see the movie, probably won't see Warzone.

I'll give them credit for this - a box set makes a lot more sense than a whole wave. Maybe some of the Ghost Rider 'mates will appear in a box set sometime down the line?

I'll give them credit for this - a box set makes a lot more sense than a whole wave. Maybe some of the Ghost Rider 'mates will appear in a box set sometime down the line?

Possible, but i really doubt it. they said a million times it was cancelled or pretty much cancelled.

Believe, i'd want one for Nick Cage so i can make some National Treasue customs B) , but i really don't think we're gettin' one.

I'm a big Punisher fan and I'm glad they're planning to release a Movie Minimate set, I'm happy with the lineup and speculate the following:

Civilian Frank Castle (possibly have a long removable leather jacket with skull t-shirt, or just in casual attire)

Jigsaw (I'm hoping he'll come with an extra head prior to his first battle with the Punisher)

Armory-equipped Assault Punisher (probably look similar to how he looks in the trailers and posters)

one of Jigsaw's many hired Thugs (sounds like a good concept but I would've preferred a "Looney Bin Jim" (LBJ) Minimate as he's an original character and supposed to be Jigsaw's insane and possibly cannibalistic brother. If you check out the trailers you'll see the guy in an asylum and later fighting and trying to bite the Punisher.

Personally I think this will be a good moviemate set, I just hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Marketing this sort of movie line as a box set makes more sense. Like many have said, this isn't a blockbuster superhero movie, so you're probably targeting a more limited audience. Also, the movie itself doesn't cater itself to a huge line of toys since you're dealing with the Punisher, Jigsaw, and a couple hundred no-names who die horrible deaths.

Of course, if it comes with half the guns we've been told it would, I'll still buy about 50 of these just to flesh out my criminal element for my own superhero showdowns. That and I love the Punisher.

Sounds like the best plan for Marvel's smaller movies. It would be nice if we could get some of the older ones like Daredevil , Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four this way.

Any minimates are good news for me especially if they are Marvel based. The punisher is awesome and I will purchase this quickly. Considering that we pay about $20 for each box set, it is worth it for me if we get a kick-butt Punisher with big guns. I would probably pay this much just for the one figure so the rest are just bonus. Honestly, going to the movie and buying popcorn and snacks will probably cost me more than $20.

Sounds like the best plan for Marvel's smaller movies. It would be nice if we could get some of the older ones like Daredevil , Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four this way.

Let's see:

Daredevil: Daredevil, Bullseye, Elektra, Kingpin

Ghost Rider: GR, Caretaker, Roxanne, Blackheart

FF: I guess it would just be the FF. Then do ROTSS

ROTSS: Silver Surfer (with PEG in board), Doom, Super Skrull-like Johnny Storm, The Thing (in a Tux)

Spider-Man One: Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Ben, May

SM2: Spidey (Can change to Parker), Dr. Octopus, Harry Osborn, Mary Jane

X-Men 1: Professor X, Cyclops, Rogue, Magneto

X2: Wolverine, Deathstrike, Mystique, Nightcrawler

Shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it (name the movie. I know you know this.)

Really lookin forward to this set, and the movie too.

Think i'd have preferred to have micro to civilian frank though

Edited by TITAN

OK I was WRONG I love that Punisher!!!

Frank : eh good custom fodder

Thug: I can see Spidey beating his ass...

Jigsaw. Face is GREAT...the rest is lame as shit. However, That face, Bruce Waynes slicked back hair, and a yellow body with some purple boots...BAM instant comic (70s) accurate Jigsaw

So put me down for a set I like IT!!!