UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hot Toys Cosbabies

Reideen1313

Ironically mine arrived yesterday too but I'll leave you to post the pictures ;) . Cosbaby's may not be the most popular of toys but there is something,,,,,something,,,that makes me smile when I see them. I don't think the secrets are that scarce but it looks to me like you've bought a set of the eight. That may...to some....sound a bit obvious bearing in mind your picture of eight packages but I think I can see they've been resealed after opening. Each sealed case of these hold eight random Cosbabys but most dealers open the cases....open the packs & then sell on in sets. The printing of the packaging BTW is superb & I would have been proud of it myself ;)

-analheadsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally my cosbabies arrived...

loose photos to follow

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m70/mab...20/DSCN3585.jpg

TFL!

Didn't like the packaging as much as I did then ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-IRON-MAN-2-Co...=item3a5b4816c9

:D

well i like the packaging but it was my wife idea to try to sell them at least get like couple of bucks for the empty boxes, after seeing those empty minimate boxes old for like $20 or so. i dont have that much space for the empty boxes... :-)

6" versions of the Toy Story Cosbabys are also being released :D

Continuing my 'Guess the Secret figure' speculation.....Mr.Potato Head would be my inspired guess.

bhm's Did You Know Spot......

Did you know that the original Mr.Potato Head was the first toy to be advertised on TV :yes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

And you remember that day, don't you! :P And look how far Mr Potato Head has come. Mostly thanks to Toy Story, I have no doubt.

Gotta say, the Claw Aliens look absolutely great in this format. Might have to score a couple...

• 1 month later...

The Toy Story guys arrived in a sealed factory case of 8 which was a bit worrying because they'd come from an ebay seller who had described them as a set of 7 plus secret. I am well-aware that 7 plus 1 = 8 but in the past secret Cosbabies have been blind-boxed & I was expecting these to be opened ,placed into sets of 8 etc.,.......... Anyway I opened everything somewhat impatiently & all was well,everything inc. the secret was enclosed......no not Potato-Head.....a 'scale' pair of green binoculars ?? To be precise the secret is another Army Guy which on quick examination is the same as the standard version but who has a pair of binoculars instead of a rifle accessory. This is a very cute set of Cosbabys which .....as always with these.... impressed my GF a tad more than me . Buzz ,of course is beautiful ...as is Zurg who somehow managed to escape those Cosbaby eyes. If I had to choose between these & the Toy Story kubricks......the kubricks would be the winners but only just.

That's correct NR ,you got everything except the spud....you had to keep your eyes peeled for one of them .

I've been mashing my brain trying to come up with a potato pun, but can't seem to think of any. Wouldn't want to post anything half-baked. When the chips are down I'll think of something.

Those Toy Story Cosbabies are cool I like the army man one the most

That's correct NR ,you got everything except the spud....you had to keep your eyes peeled for one of them .

I've been mashing my brain trying to come up with a potato pun, but can't seem to think of any. Wouldn't want to post anything half-baked. When the chips are down I'll think of something.

Those Toy Story Cosbabies are cool I like the army man one the most

He was in MASH.

• 7 months later...

I know that many of you have been waiting for this news ....Cosbaby POTC (On Stranger Tides) is being released this summer :rolleyes:http://plasticandplush.com/2011/04/pirates-of-the-caribbean-on-stranger-tides-cosbaby-s-series.html

Although we only have one Depp Minimate he must surely win the award for 'The most caricatured articulated toy incarnation of a living person*' :blink: There are umpteen kubricks & cosbaby's of him with more on the way of both.

*not particularly succinct but you know what I mean :yes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Agreed about Depp. And Hot Toys recently announced that they are doing a line of Depp characters, starting with DX Jack Sparrow (the third version of him as a Hot Toys figure) and Sweeney Todd. His character from Platoon is also getting a 1/6th scale HT incarnation, and they have already done Ed Scissorhands (though it has a bad likeness). Medicom have done a crap-load of Depp RAH and Kubricks, as well.

Re: the Cosbabies, as far as I know, this will be the first mass-produced toy version of Ian McShane!

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Cosbabys .....some are brilliant many suck....these suck brilliantly post-638-0-25801700-1335824387_thumb.jpg I've been a completist with these since they came out & I love as many as I detest. It's all very odd....them & I,I & them.

Try the Toy Story Cosbabys....second series just released ....seriously some awe within them. I'm serious they're great.

I'll do a detailed one in due course but for the time being: Waves: Aliens/Predator ...Michael Jackson....Batman...Toy Story (2 waves)...Pirates of the Carib....Iron Man (2 waves)...Donald & Mickey...Avengers...Mars Attacks....Planet of the Apes.....Goemon (?).....Disney Friends(Pinocchio etc.). There are also some 6" Toy Story figures & a f*ck8ff huge 12" Jack Sparrow ,there have also been some variant exclusives & Santa versions.

The star attractions, as I said, are Toy Story .