UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hot Toys Cosbabies

Reideen1313

Iron Man 2 Cosbabys (ies?) up for pre-order from BBTS http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out They show 7 & if that is what they honour then that is a brilliant deal compared to Cosbabies normally !

Don't rush :D

Those look fun however with the sheer number of IM rated stuff coming out I have put blinkers on a lot of stuff...

I think that the 1/6th scale thread is where I would be most likely to breakdown.

Having said that I did love the way the PotC Cosbabies looked.

T.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Cosbaby stuff is ....as it's meant to be....fun... but the doe-eyed(is it dough -eyed?) theme is very very wearing & that is perhaps why the Iron-man stuff is endearing (helmets).........especially the Blue Stealth...yep the Blue Stealth :D . He's such a fat b*stard you wouldn't get him in your Hall of Mirrors :P

These are now beginning to show on ebay at twice the BBTS price .....seriously these are worth every penny at that (BBTS) price.

In terms of resale value, or in terms of value as a toy? I might agree on the first point :)

I just don't know who they appeal to.....although my girlfriend really loves the latest Disney series.....I'm not exactly sure why I collect them :( The Iron Man stuff needs to be seen in the flesh because they are cute..... but very fragile.

Investment potential? The early secrets just don't show anywhere which must make them potentially valuable.

I just don't know who they appeal to.....although my girlfriend really loves the latest Disney series.

I think that makes lots of sense, because they all essentially look like Mickey Mouse, something I've noticed awhile back. Big, dis-proportioned heads and eyes and of course, the Mickey Mouse/clown feet.

But for Aliens and Iron Man? That doesn't do it for me. There must be a market for them somewhere for Hot Toys to keep cranking them out.

Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...

Which reminds me... at my nearest LCS, Blammoids are peg-warming. Waves 31-32, meanwhile, have gotten virtually cleared out B)

Back on topic: I was actually genuinely surprised for a bit that ill-executed Cosbaby bootlegs exist. Par for the course, I guess. :P

Edited by NorthRaider

• 2 weeks later...