UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hot Toys Cosbabies

Reideen1313

About 3" from what I've seen, slightly blocky in nature, IMO, these should have a topic here.

I'll start it off.

Have you seen the ridiculously cool Iron Man Cosbabies?

2597346265_82f0f75e2a.jpg

2598178032_ed3cb0bf86.jpg

compare1.jpg

(found the pics on a google search, so if they belong to someone, please lmk so I can give credit)

Similar price range to Kubricks, so not terribly over priced considering the amount of detail in these.

Looks like they've also got Batman and Disney licenses (Mickey & co as well as POTC).

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the PotC ones a while back and really liked em. I've been trying not to look at the IM ones as I really don't need another line of toys to collect right now... I need a better source of income first!

I like the cartoony over the top nature of them, damn cool if you ask me!

T.

• 2 weeks later...

post-638-1221482425_thumb.jpg post-638-1221482444_thumb.jpg post-638-1221482470_thumb.jpg post-638-1221482502_thumb.jpg post-638-1221482621_thumb.jpg post-638-1221482682_thumb.jpg post-638-1221482727_thumb.jpg post-638-1221482766_thumb.jpg post-638-1221482794_thumb.jpg

These arrived today & I have done my best to dislike them but they are absolutely gorgeous :D & they came out of the plastic :ohmy: ....anybody (is there anybody?) that reads my posts knows what that means to me :rolleyes:

Technical :

The 'hands' are not similar to Minimates they are exactly the same.

The feet & legs are ball-jointed 360 ,well to be accurate they are on some of them ,others are very stiff or seized.

The heads rotate as does the waist but they have no elbow or knee joints.

The paint & finish is as good as anything I've seen on 'mates or kubricks.

Some of the parts may well interchange but you can try that with your own set ;)

As I said I genuinely didn't want another line to collect but these are cute....very cute.

These arrived today & I have done my best to dislike them but they are absolutely gorgeous :D & they came out of the plastic :ohmy: ....anybody (is there anybody?) that reads my posts knows what that means to me :rolleyes:

Technical :

The 'hands' are not similar to Minimates they are exactly the same.

The feet & legs are ball-jointed 360 ,well to be accurate they are on some of them ,others are very stiff or seized.

The heads rotate as does the waist but they have no elbow or knee joints.

The paint & finish is as good as anything I've seen on 'mates or kubricks.

Some of the parts may well interchange but you can try that with your own set ;)

As I said I genuinely didn't want another line to collect but these are cute....very cute.

BAD BAD BHM :stick: You're supposed to be discouraging me from buy more toys an esp this line not making it harder to resist them.

They do look damn sweet though!

T.

Well, let me depart from popular opinion here and say that I'm not too keen on these. I don't like the "baby" look of the faces, or the big clown feet. It's similar to what I dislike about the Superhero Squad figures. However, those Predators are pretty awesome (maybe because they don't have the "baby"-faces of the Cosbaby humans, and the fact that their claw-toes distract from the exaggerated nature of their clown feet). I definitely need to get those and the Predator Mez-Itz one of these days. The clown feet on the Iron Men are still a turn-off to me, though.

Essentially, these all look to me like Mickey Mouse Dressed up as these characters, with his ears removed.

Hey K , I remember the time when you didn't really like kubricks ;)

Yeah, I had the same thought after I finished posting :blush:

Before you know it, I will be the biggest Cosbaby fiend that there is. . .probably not, though :)

BHM has become our resident plastic pimp, anyone having second thoughts about toys and he's there with a post taunting and cajoling you into injecting one more toyline into your veins...

Are you really a covert agent working for the plastic industry BHM?

T.

BHM has become our resident plastic pimp, anyone having second thoughts about toys and he's there with a post taunting and cajoling you into injecting one more toyline into your veins...

Ain't it the truth, though. For shame, BHM :no: .

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, who's up for these? Reideen? BHM? minivenom? Come on, I dare you! ;)

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2008/09/cosb...ies-by-hot.html

The Cosbaby Iron-Man set is beautiful & I've also got the Aliens of which there are two waves (!). I shall definitely get the DC Wave & I must confess to the fact that I've picked up the 'Pirates ...' set inc. variant SDCC. There is a Disney wave which looks etc. etc.etc.etc. ......can you see where this is going? But 'Michael Jackson ? I don't know about that one .....

......perhaps.

• 4 weeks later...
So... do Cosbabies pop apart at all? For parts swapping? And if so, how easily would their hands swap with MiniMate hands?

I guess you are one of the many members here who have a 'buttheadsmate filter' just underneath your 'TM2Dinobot filter'. In #8 in this thread I 'kind of' reviewed the Iron Man set. The hands ARE Minimate hands .

Their only drawback regarding part swaps is how well they are made . Their quality is outstanding but the articulation is hampered by the stiffness of the joints.

My DC set is on its way ,when it arrives I'll post some more pictures.

So... do Cosbabies pop apart at all? For parts swapping? And if so, how easily would their hands swap with MiniMate hands?

I guess you are one of the many members here who have a 'buttheadsmate filter' just underneath your 'TM2Dinobot filter'. In #8 in this thread I 'kind of' reviewed the Iron Man set. The hands ARE Minimate hands .

Their only drawback regarding part swaps is how well they are made . Their quality is outstanding but the articulation is hampered by the stiffness of the joints.

My DC set is on its way ,when it arrives I'll post some more pictures.

My sincere apologies, sir! I always consider what you say (you being my elder and all), but sometimes the trivial demands of meatspace squeeze out important toy-collecting data. :blush: At least I remembered this thread with the comparison pictures existed

So... you still haven't actually tried taking apart a Cosbaby? :whistling:

Edited by Cappy

So... you still haven't actually tried taking apart a Cosbaby? :whistling:

OK I fell for it I've taken an Aliens Cosbaby apart. That should read ...'I tried to.....' These buggers are not for part-swapping,they come apart but they don't like going back together....in fact I've succeeded where Ripley often failed ....it's F^$ked . A Minimate head will sit on a Cosbaby torso but the torso ball-joint is a different size....smaller. Hands are compatible with 'Mates,there are no knee or elbow joints,the heads will not happily 360 but with this particular item the waist portion will ,as will the feet. Cosbabies have an unusual method of articulation at the shoulder where the arms enter the torso. This is due to 2 small ball-joints on either end of a tiny shaft, one ball-end into the body & the other into the arm ,this gives it extra articulation at this point ,rather pointless when there are no elbows! The legs connect to the crotch piece via balls on the ends of the legs rather than the crotch-piece having the balls :ohmy: The 'peg' from the crotch-piece is similar to a Minimate but is too big to fit a Minimate torso .

These are still cute figures but this particular exercise is not one I shall be repeating. There is opportunity for customising & modification of these figures & hybrid Cosbaby/Mates would be possible if that is the conclusion you perhaps yearn for.

eeep. Sorry for pushing you into this, but thanks for the thorough post-mortem. Guess I owe one alien, eh? :blush:

What really prompted this was me considering an Edward Scissorhands 'Mate custom, using hands from the upcoming Cosbaby. Sounds like that's a possibility. Wonder what I could do with an Alien/MiniMate cross?

Edited by Cappy

• 1 month later...