UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hot Toys Cosbabies

Reideen1313

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so at least we can tell that BHM has the inside of his toy vault wallpapered from that video. :biggrin:

Time to start the planning for the big raid. it will just be like a cross between Mission Impossible and Mallrats :lol:

I decided to get the Red Skull, why is Captain America so expensive? Even Thor is up there in price on EBay.

I don't see any of the Avengers on Amazon.com where some of the Batman series is very affordable. I'll just keep checking around....

• 1 month later...

Here's a link to the Batman Cosbabies.

This is one thing I like about the Batman license; WBCP allows licensees to revisit past incarnations of the properties. Of course I'd rather see these in Minimate form but it's nice to know that if DST ever acquires the property, they'll be able to offer characters from any incarnation of Batman they like.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I only have two and I can't say I like them much. The eyes are too strange for me, but they do seem to work better on previously animated characters like Toy Story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey BHM, is there any chance you could make up a master checklist of the cosbabies released thus far?

Just came across this : http://minicosbaby.blogspot.co.uk/p/cosbaby-wiki.html

.......& there's one there that I hadn't realised existed .

New grail..... 'Black tuxedo Joker' 2009 (????)

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If there is anybody sitting on the fence thinking about picking up the Iron man Cosbabies (Series 1) .......beware......these are beautifully painted but in every other respect.... shite . These are pretty widely available & cheap on ebay but all the ones I've handled seem to have their joints fused together & from what I'm seeing & hearing this is pretty widespread. Cosbabies have always been fragile/brittle but I've never experienced anything like this & they would last about a minute as a 'toy'. Sad.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 4 months later...

You can tell that Hot Toys doesn't spend a lot of its energy and resources on their non-1/6 scale stuff (and the level of attention they give even that is variable). 2-3 years ago they announced a whole string of 1/4 scale figures they planned on releasing. Two figures in, they apparently realized this wasn't going to be a big money maker for them, so they seem to have quietly just dropped the 1/4 scale figures altogether.

It almost feels like Cosbabies were intended to rival Medicom's Kubrick line, and HT is very reactionary in this way (they clearly have taken up licenses and even types of figures based on an attempt to combat innovations by Enterbay). Now that the Kubricks are dead, I wonder if HT has even less incentive to keep producing Cosbabies, or if so, at a quality level that any discerning customers will want to pay for.

Edited by karamazov80

• 9 months later...

Well terrible is a strong word. Unfortunately, it is also a wholly appropriate description of these things biggrin.png

Seems like Cosbabies were ahead of their time in some ways. There must be a dozen or more lines of super stylized, large headed, small bodied, anime-inspired toys like this out there now. I was actually tempted to buy this guy recently:

qTNDFiz.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

More coming, Rob, if you're still into these:

ZkQ7j2H.jpg

When I first saw this picture I just assumed that the cosbabys [as the small print says] were differently designed because they were prototypes . Now that I have purchased the second Iron Man 3 box set I can assure anybody that might have been interested that cosbabys seem to be evolving . The second IM3 box set cosbabys differ from those in the first box set by having much smaller body parts , the torso, legs, arms, feet & hands all are much smaller . The heads remain the same size . I'm wondering now if the evolution has continued in the Avengers AoU set & that the rounded bodies ,apparent lack of ball jointed feet & the addition of moulded hands will be implemented in production ?

I also noticed this on a Cosbaby themed web-site post-638-0-62877300-1427032404_thumb.jpg