UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hot Toys Cosbabies

Reideen1313

*This is the silliest post ever.

... and shockingly enough I was THIS close to doing the same thing. :blink:

Wow, I almost want to check out these guys for real. The sheer novelty of a Michael Jackson minifig just strikes me as morbidly fascinating on a level similar to the Desperately Seeking Susan minimates. Care to oblige us with pics BHM?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I found the Batman line today at my LCS, and I'm pleased to report that I bought the Joker, and nothing else. At $10 apiece, they are a little overpriced, and I'm not overly impressed them. Turns out I was worried about nothing.

I found the Batman line today at my LCS, and I'm pleased to report that I bought the Joker, and nothing else. At $10 apiece, they are a little overpriced, and I'm not overly impressed them. Turns out I was worried about nothing.

Mine had the full wave too. Really want Two-face, Classic Bats, Nightwing, and Batgirl.

DAMN!! $10?! Mine has them for $1.99!! :jawdrop:

Mine had the full wave too. Really want Two-face, Classic Bats, Nightwing, and Batgirl.

DAMN!! $10?! Mine has them for $1.99!! :jawdrop:

You should grab some - they priced them wrong :)

Got a "Thriller" Cobaby in my "Pile of Loot." Will by my 2nd, and possibly final, Cosbaby. MJ's Cosbabies and Hot Toys figures sold out of BBTS quickly this afternoon.

So we're going to see another Movie Masters Joker incident? :(

People trying to make a quick buck off of a celebrity's death. :angry:

This could be a good thing for MJ fans, as it may compel Hot Toys to release "Thriller" Michael, which they otherwise might not have done.

But in any case, I blame crazy fans for their willingness to spend more money than they should for stuff like this than the sellers. If there is a demand for something, then there will be those willing to provide a supply.

Edited by karamazov80

I purchased an Alien, Predator and the Mark II Iron Man and think these are great but a little too expensive, then today I was looking at the Batman ones and really would like to get one or two of those as well. I don't want to get myself wanting all of these so I think I may just have to pass.

• 4 weeks later...

GOOD LORD!!!!!

Alien and Michael Jackson Cosbabies were weird enough, but these are just too much. When did this movie reenter the cult radar anyway? I know somebody just ordered a 1/6 Martian a short while ago...

Anyways, I always found the movie fun to watch in a creepy sort of way... which pretty much sums up how I feel about these. God, I'm so torn :blink:

I collect these things & I am currently up to speed with every Cosbaby produced........I have no idea why . The Iron Man Wave was fun & the DC set OK ,Scissorhands was meh! whilst Pirates were probably quite good for POTC fans. The Jackson stuff was a pure unashamed investment even before the poor guy died & my post (earlier in this thread) was only the second time I have ever had to decide whether to delete......I didn't because however crass it now seems deletion goes against my principles(yes GH I do have them). Planet of the Apes I have deep reservations about which I will not discuss here but they aren't healthy .....check out 'Taylor' & then check out the chase item <_< That leaves the 2 Predator & alien sets which could have been special ....they aren't. They've just released 'some anime(?)inspired '2 packs that are wending their way to me whilst their is a second Disney series to follow up the first Cosbaby Disney set which were plain weird. Is my enthusiasm for these shining through? :no:

.....& now Mars Attacks :rolleyes:

To NorthRaider's post, I don't think there is a huge geek fan-base for the horrible Mars Attacks! film. However, there is a pretty big fan base for the old trading cards it was based on, and there is always going to be a huge base of fans of cool looking monsters and aliens. So, I think the license makes some sense. Plus, it was probably quite cheap which probably played a role.

I am certain that HT got the license to do the 1/6 scale figures, and the Cosbabies are just a "why not?" afterthought, since the licensing costs were already paid out. But who knows? Maybe those ugly bastards sell in Japan.

I saw at SDCC that we are getting Disney Cosbabies. That is the most appropriate license they could possibly have.

....... They've just released 'some anime(?)inspired '2 packs ....

What anime (?) 2-packs? I have wanted to get some of these, but have yet to see a license I would want to buy. Do you mean the 2-pack for Pixar's Up?

Smurf, BHM. I feel so sorry for you:

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target...;product_id=469

if3ck0.jpg

Okay, THESE look fun as hell. :lol: I really need to buy my friend and his girlfirend a set (their first movie...together...:wub:)

I'd hold off on that a few years. I will pick these up (no pun intended). That movie was great.

Smurf, BHM. I feel so sorry for you:

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target...;product_id=469

if3ck0.jpg

Okay, THESE look fun as hell. :lol: I really need to buy my friend and his girlfirend a set (their first movie...together...:wub:)

I guess this is many peoples' perception of what you & I look like Twisted :D

As for your friend....which movie.....Carrie? Girl .....Fire...End ! :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
I guess this is many peoples' perception of what you & I look like Twisted :D

As for your friend....which movie.....Carrie? Girl .....Fire...End ! :lol:

those cosbabies frighten me

BHM, you should empty your inbox buddy ;) (sorry for the off topicness)

• 6 months later...