UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

About Alien and Predatior... Alien I'd buy, Predator I would not. And I'd only get the Xenomorph anyway. So this is one who would not care too much if it is made.

I'd buy all ALIEN Characters. Hey - if they do get released, we could end up with 2 Sigourney Weaver 'Mates. A Ripley & a Dana Barrett!!! I've always been a fan of her work, and it's kind of cool to see her getting some extra fanboy recognition. If the Alien Licence takes off - we could end up with a few Sigourney’s: 1st appearance; Bald Alien 3 Sigourney; Leather-clad Resurrection Sigourney!

It's be rad to get a Kane 'Mate with a sculpted 'Chest-Burster' piece.

While we're talking about Possible Alien merchandise - how cool is this Lego Sculpture:

post-2737-1239673516_thumb.jpg

And then the adult . . .

post-2737-1239674001_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing new under the sun. . .

P1010558-2.jpg

I would love to get some improvements over my Alien Kubricks, but what we really need are some Colonial Marines! Mini-Hudson, FTW!

There is nothing new under the sun. . .

Oh WOW - i'm not a Kubrick collector - is that a Custom, or was that a legit release?

Oh, he's the real deal. Not cheap, though, unless you get lucky finding him in a case (there is a 50/50 chance of getting one in a case of wave 2 Alien Kubs--I bought one, and didn't get a Kane):

http://cgi.ebay.com/RaRe-Medicom-Alien-S2-...%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALIEN-KUBRICK-SERIES-2...%3A1|240%3A1318

I got lucky and found one for "only" $55. One of my favorite Kubricks, though.

... although, Chuck didn't try to discourage that one guy asking about "Piece of the Action" versions of Kirk and Spock. Maybe they ARE working on something...

... They're working on a new Robocop movie?! DST, please start cracking!

... Golly, if UK Minimate distribution is spotty, I'd sure hate to ask about Asian distribution...

WHAT Asian distribution? :(

Edited by lastmaximal

Not a new Q and A, but i want to post info on what i just asked moments ago.

So i've gotten fed up with the NO NEWS on BSG, and the revival of that thread just killed me. So i finally broke down and decided to ask if DST is really trying to get something in the works for our final characters, specifically the Five, and told them that "we never say never" will NOT be an acceptable answer. I put them in there place with bringing up the post-cancellation revival promising, the fact that we got JACK SQUATT at the Toy Fair, and that all they've told us "we never say never." Here's hoping that for once we get an actual answer!!

And i also asked if there was a way to get an AFX Exclusive "Secret Wars" set with the top minimates that don't get in the TRU one. ;)

You put DST in their place?

Right. . .

Questions like that aren't gonna get an answer, or certainly not one that you'll like. I have every faith that DST will do all they can to bring out the final mates. I would be gutted if they don't but I accept that at the end of the day they are a business and I'm glad that we have as much interaction from them as we do.

Have patience TTF.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm more intrigued by the bold statement they make at the end of the Q&A:

"Make sure you check the main Diamond Select Toys website later today for an extra-special announcement sure to break the internet in half. So say we all!"

Anyone want to make any guesses what they're hinting at?

Edited by boyd

And God, I do hope DST manages to get the rights to the Ghostbusters cartoons. Extreme Ghostbusters may still be a shot in the dark, but it's nice to know Sony's actually interested.

As for the last statement: maybe it's a new license? Or the return of Trek or BSG (like mav-man suggested in the other thread?) Or a new Marvel boxset? Or (knock on wood) DC?

Also:

"Trek rights are pretty much everything BUT the new movie." Way to rub salt into that wound.

I'm more intrigued by the bold statement they make at the end of the Q&A:

"Make sure you check the main Diamond Select Toys website later today for an extra-special announcement sure to break the internet in half. So say we all!"

Anyone want to make any guesses what they're hinting at?

All minimates cancelled that will break the internet and hearts in half.

The Matrix? George Romero zombies? Disney? Power Rangers? Buffy?

Gah, the suspense is killing me. Pinch me when the DST site starts acting up.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

So say we all!

Clue?

The Matrix? George Romero zombies? Disney? Power Rangers? Buffy?

Gah, the suspense is killing me. Pinch me when the DST site starts acting up.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

So say we all!

Clue?

Isn't that a BSG line of some sort?

Hell I just want Princess Bride still. Just watched the movie like 5 minutes ago and I want Minimates from it... And from The Wizard of Oz.