UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

That's about as close to a confirmation that Banshee and Sunfire are on the short list as we're likely to get out of Chuck, I think.

Interesting to hear that SFxT preorders have been "soft." Did Marvel do the heavy lifting on sales for MvC3, or are the words "Street" and "Fighter" just retail poison for Minimates? I'll be sorry not to see a third wave of those, as Blanka and Dhalsim seem like shoo-ins for the SF slots.

Edited by Lobsterman

-Halo's officially dead, since the license has expired.

-I'm not a video game guy, but I feel bad for you Mega Man fans, since it sounds like you've gotten related characters, but not the man himself. Must be like getting Robin but not Batman.

-Banshee and Sunfire are good news; I'd agree that they are probably the most glaring omissions at this point (right behind the Falcon). We know they won't be coming before Wave 50, since Banshee was in the poll, but I would bet they'll show up at TRU before too long.

-Thumbs up to Nessex for asking about First Class Beast. Have we ever heard before that DST has a list of uncompleted teams? Is this new?

-And another thumbs up to Mystery Man in asking about that wicked cool skeleton. Glad to hear that they aren't willing to give up on Calico Jack just yet.

-This cracked me up: "I know you don’t normally revisit characters[...]". I'm guessing the questioner isn't Valo.:lol:

-To the guy that asked about Kitty Pride in an X-Men uniform... you can't just get an extra female New Mutant and stick some brown hair on her? It's not exactly a challenging custom.

-Love the Marvel Femme Fatales question. I think it deserves its' own thread.

I think it's the Tekken guys primarily. Not that Street Fighter was going to set sales records on fire, but Tekken is just not a very iconic game, and most of those characters are, in my opinion, a bit of dead weight pulling down the potential interest in that line, similar to all those wacky Playstation characters that had really limited appeal. If DST really wants to focus on videogames, the more iconic the better. So, NES (including Mega Man, Castlevania, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Punch Out!!), Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog, Halo, maybe Final Fantasy.

"Does Spidey even have any female villains" for a "Femme Fatales" box set? Does he ever!

398px-FemmeFatals.jpg

Seriously though, there's White Rabbit, Shriek, Kraven's pyscho daughter, Paper Doll, uh, Screwball I guess, Black Cat and Silver Sable sort of... that's kind of not bad... ish.

I guess he technically does, but. . .man. Hideous and obscure. Formula for sales success. . .PERHAPS!

I think it's the Tekken guys primarily. Not that Street Fighter was going to set sales records on fire, but Tekken is just not a very iconic game, and most of those characters are, in my opinion, a bit of dead weight pulling down the potential interest in that line, similar to all those wacky Playstation characters that had really limited appeal.

Ironically since the on disc DLC fiasco for SFxT, the "re-release upgrades" and Namco saying "they won't charge for DLC characters; they will always be free", the Fighting Game Community is REALLY backing Namco/Tekken at the moment and Capcom's name is the equivalent of mud.

That said I would be disappointed if we don't get all three waves. Sure it won't contain all the characters I want from the two franchises (either due to them being DLC and thus having a lower chance or not even being in the game), but I still want to get as many characters a I can to have them in minimate form.

And I too back One Piece minimates; it's the only manga series I continued to follow after I dropped anime and manga a few years back.

• 2 weeks later...
What new minimate projects are you guys working on?

DST CHUCK: You think I am THAT easy – info like that will cost you a cookie at a trade show. I will say we're working on something that we worked on in the past.

Hmm?

I do hope this happens to be something that went out a good while ago, had a cancelled series 3, and is called the Middle Earth minimates.