UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. The Street Fighter love is strong with this one. Pretty sure we'll include new versions of those three big guys simply because we need as many big guns as we can get, but not sure about those others. Wanna say yes to Abel and Rolento.

Then I have to buy a 3rd Ryu and an Abel, Can’t we convince you to make FOUR waves so only one character from each side is left out? No one wants Rufus and (some Tekken fan can decide which Tekken character is most hated... Bob?), how many sets do I need to buy to make Wave 4 happen?

Because if you guys stop at Wave 4 and I don’t get Guy, Cody, and the main SF2 cast the blood will be on YOUR hands Mr.Oats and your boss will learn cookies from strangers is a bad idea.

Chuck has had junior staffers taste all free cookies since Angelgate. You will need to buy twelve Rufuses to make Series 4 happen.

Chuck has had junior staffers taste all free cookies since Angelgate.

I only need to poison one cookie out of a dozen for my revenge to work, don’t I? Unless he has a junior staffers take a bit of ALL his food, in which case... CURSES! FOILED AGAIN!!!!

True, but a) Dudley is a DLC character who technically isn't available until September and I get the feeling the initial 38 are the people we're likely to get first, and b ) he's a SFIII character. I'm probably the only person on this forum who's actually used him more than once, let alone "main" him. If you guys are only going to do 18 per universe, I think it's fair to say he'll be pretty low on the priority list.

Sorry if I seemed rude (I will admit I do love throwing around some of his classic 3rd Strike quotes like "Gutter trash" and "You have no dignity") but in my humble opinion non SFII characters > the "classic" *coughhorriblyoverusedcough* roster.

Not overused by Minimates, though. And while I dig his look (I'd never heard of him), I didn't know he was DLC. Tough break.

I realise it's Capcom, not you guys who have overused the classic roster. When I played Capcom vs SNK2, I was quite annoyed at how about 95% of the roster on the Capcom side was made up of SF2 characters; it's hardly Capcom vs SNK2 IMO if all the characters come from one game but rather "SF2-and-a-few-friends vs SNK 2".

Since then and discovered the horribly underrated Third Strike I've become of those "hipster" SF fans who thinks anyone who didn't debue in SF2 (i.e. characters from 1, Alpha, 3 and 4) are far better, partly because IMO they show Capcom's ability to create and expand on interesting characters and designs and/or offer interesting spins on fighting styles that have already been used (in other words, Dudley is nothing like Balrog and Alex is nothing like Zangeif despite them using the same fighting style) and partly because it's "hip" to main a non-SF2 character (i.e. I main Dudley).

While I understand why people stick to SF2 (i.e. due to how iconic that game is for people and their childhood) I do feel they are missing out by not bothering with the squeals (and prequels) as Alpha, 3 and 4 all made great evolutions on the fighting mechanics (3 is considered one of the most technical 2D games, which doesn't help casual fans. Just check out the infamous Evo #37 Moment. The Parry Block works by pressing forward a split second before the attack hits, and to parry multiple attacks you need to press forward for each one). But as I've learnt before on this forum, one can't force fans to play those games.

If you're interested in non-SF2 characters, I'd strongly recommend Super SF4 Arcade Edition, which adds some great new characters (Juri, Hakan, Abel and Gouken), brings back some classics from Alpha (Cody, Guy, Gen and Adon) and 3 (Dudley, Makoto, Ibuki, Yun and Yang) and offers a nice medium between the rather striped down (when compared to the other games) mechanics of SF2 but not quite as complex as what SF3 had.

• 2 weeks later...

No one's told him that minimates are getting a Flash Thompson Venom, right? Cause we can all agree that would be bad, right? Right?

No one's told him that minimates are getting a Flash Thompson Venom, right? Cause we can all agree that would be bad, right? Right?

Maybe if he gets one representation of Flash he'd finally shut up.

I mean, look, i am all for having a single favorite character and God knows i championed for certain Jean looks in the past, but come on. This was amusing like the first two times, now it's sad and annoying as hell. We get it. You like Flash Thompson and Spider-man. Just shut up.

He actually asked DST if it was true that Spider-man characters sell better than any others. I just can't even ignore him even more. :rolleyes:

(And only slightly off-topic, but i don't care how many times he says it: Symbiotes should have stopped at Carnage and Flash Venom is terrible.)

(And only slightly off-topic, but i don't care how many times he says it: Symbiotes should have stopped at Carnage and Flash Venom is terrible.)

Flash Venom is an interesting concept -- I like seeing someone find a new take on a character, even if it turns out to be a mistake, like angelic Punisher or FrankenPunisher or psychotic Moon Knight. And the execution of the book is actually pretty darn good. I enjoyed the issues I read last week. The character design is pretty boss, as well. But then, I think Anti-Venom has a cool look and a cool power, too.

Edited by Zach Oat

Yeah I thought it sounded like a terrible idea too, but then after hearing so many positive reviews I tried out Venom and it's been a really great book, sometimes "bad" ideas just work on the page. I agree with Zach, it's all about execution, there have been plenty of other ideas I initially rolled my eyes at (bringing Bucky back, splitting the main X-Men title to give Wolverine his own team, Brand New Day) that resulted in quality comics.

I told him when the news broke out. I commented in one of his venom posts.

Aw man! Geez, Kosti, I appreciate the impulse of minimate evangelism, but he might follow you back here, and I'm not sure my nerves could take a daily diet of his enthusiasm.

(now for all I know, Lee might be a lovely person who'd be a lot of fun to have around. But the evidence so far says he'd get annoying real fast.)

I told him when the news broke out. I commented in one of his venom posts.

Aw man! Geez, Kosti, I appreciate the impulse of minimate evangelism, but he might follow you back here, and I'm not sure my nerves could take a daily diet of his enthusiasm.

(now for all I know, Lee might be a lovely person who'd be a lot of fun to have around. But the evidence so far says he'd get annoying real fast.)

I didn't leave any clues,probably he's so busy writing at dst's wall that he doesn't remember it now.

there have been plenty of other ideas I initially rolled my eyes at (...Brand New Day) that resulted in quality comics.

*spit take*

Why? Most of the post-BND stuff has been very good. ASM has probably been the consistently best Marvel comic over the last few years. And I say this as a known grump.

Now, One More Day, and the sequel One Moment In Time, were terrible. But that doesn't mean the comics around them aren't good.

I'll agree that post-BND has by-in-large been pretty good. Despise how we got there, but once it was revealed that really very little of what all changed in Peter's status quo had anything to do with his deal with the devil, I calmed down considerably. I don't agree that retconing out the marriage was necessary, but if we make the concession that it was, the main thing I would have liked to have been done differently post-BND would have been MJ and Aunt May both being exempt from the initial spell that wiped Spidey's ID from everyones' minds. Aunt May knowing was one of the bright spots of JMS's inconsistant run and I miss it.

So to sum up- like post BND, but haven't forgotten how we got here.

Yeah, OMD was a big pile of smurf. But that BND period where they were rotating writers/artists through with each arc and releasing three Amazings a month, that included some of my favorite Spidey stuff ever. And yes a couple of the arcs sucked or referred back to OMD, but the release schedule meant they were over in no time.

I'm less into Slott's run, perhaps only because I loved that previous variety and pace, but it's still pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the new Marvel Q&A today, I sent this in to DST:

Hi Chuck:

I just wanted to let you know that you should NOT make a Flash Thompson Venom figure in Marvel Select. He's stupid and nobody wants him. If you make him, he'll sell worse then Playmates Star Trek figures. I cannot stress enough to you how important it is that you never make a Flash Thompson Venom.

I recommend you all do the same.:thumbsup:

Edited by hellpop

1338813831[/url]' post='229766']

After reading the new Marvel Q&A today, I sent this in to DST:

Hi Chuck:

I just wanted to let you know that you should NOT make a Flash Thompson Venom figure in Marvel Select. He's stupid and nobody wants him. If you make him, he'll sell worse then Playmates Star Trek figures. I cannot stress enough to you how important it is that you never make a Flash Thompson Venom.

I recommend you all do the same.:thumbsup:

Genius.

Does anybody write things to the Ask DST thing that isn't just "Make this, make that"? I didn't even read any of those questions. As soon as I saw the words "could you" "have you ever" or "how about" I quit. Does no one want to actually know real things?

Edited by The Geohound

Improper wording on my part I suppose. It just seems to me like the only thing anyone can think to ask is the same question about when is their choice of character going to get made. The ones that really get to me are the people that just say hello and list a bunch of characters they want. That seems just kind of inconsiderate and maybe greedy to me. But I suppose it's as much my fault as any one else's for not asking better questions.

Does no one want to actually know real things?

Real things ? Yes I actually want to know real things because I'm so fed up with not knowing about them.

Personally, I only want to know things that are better than real things.

• 2 weeks later...