UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

haha, Mystery Man thinks the shark in Jaws is called 'Bruce'. Everyone knows his name is Jaws... Jaws the Shark.

Jaws... the Shark.

I know you know & I know I'm being lured in here but .......the mechanical shark in Jaws was nicknamed Bruce by his mechanical handlers. :unsure:

The name of the real shark was of course..... Bernard Madoff .

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space-mates would be the bee's knees! Boats will be cool in the MAX line, but I'd prefer a regular police car or motorcycle first. Not terribly surprising about LOTR, but an answer about the Hobbit would have been nice...

IF they must make a modern boat, it should be "Slice of Life" with Dexter! Plus the boat from Jaws of course. Yes, they should make police cars & especially motorcycles before any boats. Especially motorcycles designed for minimates that can easily be customized! (Ghost Rider!)

Shame about LOTR, but *maybe* that was DST's way of saying that 3rd wave can't be made *the way it was originally intended*, IE with 2.5-inch mates? As for their answer about The Hobbit, it seemed they answered that at the top of the page. Still, I remain hopeful. We've been misled before.

haha, Mystery Man thinks the shark in Jaws is called 'Bruce'. Everyone knows his name is Jaws... Jaws the Shark.

Jaws... the Shark.

I know you know & I know I'm being lured in here but .......the mechanical shark in Jaws was nicknamed Bruce by his mechanical handlers. :unsure:

And it was given that name because it was the name of Spielberg's lawyer at the time.

Yeah I know, Steven named the shark after his lawyer. Everything the man does can't be brilliantly creative.

EDIT - "The MAX line is really not “generic” people it’s a team and each has their own personality and adds an aspect to the team dynamic"

yeahhhh? :confused:

Yeah, that's why they all come with the SAME EXACT HEAD (save for the diversity box set, of course).

Also, I can't say I was particularly thrilled that we returned to "have you ever thought about this?" for this edition of the Q&A.

Also, I can't say I was particularly thrilled that we returned to "have you ever thought about this?" for this edition of the Q&A.

It's actually kind of helpful in that it shows DST there is a market for some of the properties. Would they have even considered Kang if we hadn't been pestering them about it? I like to see the "have you considered" questions because I like hearing DST's thoughts on the matter. Didn't we pester them about making pirates & zombies? I like that we can contribute our 2-cents worth directly to DST about things we're willing to buy. I'm sure a lot of customizers like to know what stands almost no chance of being made before investing time & effort into their customs.

Although, I thought it weird when DST was asked about cop cars & motorcycles, they said "how about a boat instead?" (at least that's how I interpreted it!)

Just curious, did you ask DST a question this session?

EDIT - "The MAX line is really not “generic” people it’s a team and each has their own personality and adds an aspect to the team dynamic"

Yeah, that's why they all come with the SAME EXACT HEAD (save for the diversity box set, of course).

THIS! Mother of mercy this peeves me off!

I don't mind the identical heads too much. I leave the head on one of the 'mates and then start headswapping the others. Factor in the Asgardian guards and the different colored hair pieces, and you've got a distinguishable enough group. And the Asgardians aren't identical any more either. And I'm sure we've all got a spare Steve Rogers or Peter Parker head that can be swapped in. It's not as ideal as having two distinct heads per set, but it solves the problem.

Jaws... the Shark.

The name of the real shark was of course..... Bernard Madoff .

reeled in, Shirley?

all the same, I was just being silly, promise.

THIS! Mother of mercy this peeves me off!

I understand, we can swap our own heads out and stuff, I just loved Chuck choice of words, the inclusion of 'really'... he cannot stress it enough! Law enforcement guy #1 is the tough as nails, no nonsense nightstick expert, whilst law enforcement #2 is the... other, cliche.

I know we can make our own stuff up (like you did, Dino), it just amused me, like Liebfeld telling us how hetero his big tough men are. If we get a MAX female army person, and they're not a fiery Latino, there will be hell to pay.

Edited by dj87

Dj, I thought the same thing; it's not so much what Chuck said, it's how he said it, like these guys are GI Joes or something. :rolleyes:

It's actually kind of helpful in that it shows DST there is a market for some of the properties. Would they have even considered Kang if we hadn't been pestering them about it? I like to see the "have you considered" questions because I like hearing DST's thoughts on the matter. Didn't we pester them about making pirates & zombies? I like that we can contribute our 2-cents worth directly to DST about things we're willing to buy. I'm sure a lot of customizers like to know what stands almost no chance of being made before investing time & effort into their customs.

Although, I thought it weird when DST was asked about cop cars & motorcycles, they said "how about a boat instead?" (at least that's how I interpreted it!)

Just curious, did you ask DST a question this session?

This session? Not this time, no. I have in the past, though.

I don't disagree with anything you said, I just find it tedious when the Q&A descends into "have you thought of this" category ad nauseum. Some suggestions are helpful, like this round's questions about Banshee and the vehicles. Others less so, like the question about Babylon 5. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, and I apologize if this was your question (or to whomever the asker is), but... there's no way DST will make Babylon 5 Minimates. None. They did not have sustained success with Star Trek (the second biggest sci-fi property there is) or Battlestar Galactica (much more high profile), so why would they make product for an obscure syndicated show that ended years ago? And there are always so many questions like this. Everyone has their pet show or movie that they think will be a huge seller, and most of us are wrong. Look, I'd love to see Fringe Minimates. But I'm not going to ask about it, because there's no chance. There's not a large enough audience to justify making Minimates for Fringe. And that's a show that's still on the air; what chance does a long-cancelled show have?

Again, I'm sorry to sound like a jerk. It just gets on my nerves.

Howdya think Chuck feels ....& Zach for that matter? I give them both total kudos for patience.

One of those guys in the Q & A was 5 years old which is ...for me....a reality check .

I'm not knocking you hellpop.... because I often feel the same way....but some new guy who is just getting into 'mates justifiably wants his faves 'mated . Many newbies haven't been threaded to death with perpetual Wishywant lists & ares just asking decent, honest questions.

Babylon 5 Minimates might not be likely but I'm actually living in a reality ordering Street Fighter Minimates again & asking myself why? I'd be a lot happier buying something that might fail rather than something that has been proven to.

Yaxx MAXX!?!

:unsure:

Okay, so the battle cry needs a little work

This session? Not this time, no. I have in the past, though.

I don't disagree with anything you said, I just find it tedious when the Q&A descends into "have you thought of this" category ad nauseum. Some suggestions are helpful, like this round's questions about Banshee and the vehicles. Others less so, like the question about Babylon 5. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, and I apologize if this was your question (or to whomever the asker is), but... there's no way DST will make Babylon 5 Minimates. None. They did not have sustained success with Star Trek (the second biggest sci-fi property there is) or Battlestar Galactica (much more high profile), so why would they make product for an obscure syndicated show that ended years ago? And there are always so many questions like this. Everyone has their pet show or movie that they think will be a huge seller, and most of us are wrong. Look, I'd love to see Fringe Minimates. But I'm not going to ask about it, because there's no chance. There's not a large enough audience to justify making Minimates for Fringe. And that's a show that's still on the air; what chance does a long-cancelled show have?

You don't sound like a jerk at all, and I sincerely hope I didn't either.

I did not ask the Babylon 5 question. I love that show, I'd buy every B5 minimate if they existed, but I know there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of those ever getting officially made. As for Fringe, I have no interest in 'mates from it, but I guess that was a more relevant question since it is on the air. I really feel that after DST was burned on 24 and BSG (to an extent), that we won't see normal people mates much.

I guess what I want to say is that my question-asking focus has shifted now that we have Zach here blessing us with his awesomeness. I feel like questions like "when will this be released" are great for him and Luke. And "will this part/tampo/color be changed" on upcoming releases are also great questions for Zach.

So, while I don't mind "have you thought of" questions, I do wish sometimes they were better thought out first. I'm glad people were asking for Zombies Pirates, now lately for Monkeys & Parrots to come with the Pirates. It's interesting to me what others are thinking of in terms of Minimates. Some things I *want* people to pester DST until they get made (Star Trek shuttlecraft, Kang, Falcon, etc, etc)

Of course, I won't begrudge a 5-year old asking for Fairly Oddparents mates. That was cool knowing there's fresh blood coming in to minimates, because that will keep it evergreen for a long time!

• 1 month later...

I do like the X-3 claws, in terms of length n' that, but not keen on the whole 'allstucktogetherness'. Remember, these claws are supposed to retracted into this very small man's arms. The Origins claws look very much like the claws from the Origins film, too big, and ultimately a big silly. I suppose he does get draw like that occasionally, but that in itself in daft.

Not 100% they're new, just assumed they were, as they look different to the last lot, like the needles wave 28 version had.