UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

I'm more bummed about the fact that I've submitted a few legit questions over the last few months that were just completely ignored, I think GH had this problem too? :confused:

Lee burns needs medication or shooting, either or I'm not fussy.

Now I understand us Yanks behaving this way, but I thought you Brits were supposed to be a more tolerant lot? :P

Ignoring youbastards & groundhog is an ability I wish for .........only joking :lol:

Burns sounds very Scottish.....I rest my case.

-englisheadsmate

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, another Q&A where my question was ignored! Thanks guys, I get the hint.

Are you asking under your forum name or your real name?

I would be a bit shy answering any questions you posted under your forum name. :)

"Hi Youbastards, Im sorry Youbastards but we have no plans for a best of playboy bunny 4 pack this year"

I can see where he would have a problem typing your forum name in his replys.

I read the answer to the Warriors 3 question as a confirmation. Zach has said in the past he wanted them made and it makes a perfect 4-pack with a mandatory Thor-variant.

Boy, I dunno. I agree with you that it makes a ton of sense (maybe with "young Thor" or something like that) but I don't read that as a confirmation myself.

Not a lot of good news to be had this time around, though I'm glad we didn't have a lot of "have you ever considered [fill in the name of favorite cult property, or major property that DST has most certainly considered]". I'm not sure how I feel about MvC ending so quickly; I'm not a video game guy, and most of the Marvel stuff was just rehashes, but I'd still like to see the line go on... at least until we get Rocket Raccoon. :thumbsup:

I'm really not sure why there's so much consternation from some people around here about this "variant rerelease rule"... Chuck's right, they haven't just done a straight rerelease of any variant figure. The only people that I can understand being upset are those of us that paid a premium for figures like black suit Spidey and Spider-Woman... and I'm one of them, and I'm not bothered by the new figures. What is the problem, exactly? :confused:

"I don’t know that we’d do Ant Man or Wasp micro BUT you never know. If we get a chance we’ll have to see what happens." Geez, if you're looking for an opportunity, how about with the new GiAnt Man figures you JUST ANNOUNCED!?

"I don’t know that we’d do Ant Man or Wasp micro BUT you never know. If we get a chance we’ll have to see what happens." Geez, if you're looking for an opportunity, how about with the new GiAnt Man figures you JUST ANNOUNCED!?

was going to say the same thing, complete with sarcastic response!

as for Warriors Three, I don't think we'll get them before Thor 2 is release, but at very least... they must be a must for that, shirley?

Not a ton of outright good news, but not really any outright bad news, either. I think the response to the STTNG question was about as positive a response as we can expect.

Yeah, the answer about the Femmes 2 set caught my eye, too. I can't believe a packaged set would have slid under the radar without any photos being shown yet, with it scheduled to be released next month. I suspect he was talking about a Femmes 1 set; I think Chuck has a lot on his plate, and probably doesn't pay super close attention to every single release. I would be happy to be wrong about this.

It's at least good to hear the Warriors Three are still on the table. I posted a question about them on Facebook, and Zach, I think, encouraged me to ask about it in the QandA. I get the impression that the W3 are something the good folks at DST want to put out, so hopefully they can create a little buzz and get them out.

I'm a little sad that 90's X-Factor won't be released in 2012 but am happy that they've been considered. Come on X-Factor 2013!

I'm really not sure why there's so much consternation from some people around here about this "variant rerelease rule"... Chuck's right, they haven't just done a straight rerelease of any variant figure. The only people that I can understand being upset are those of us that paid a premium for figures like black suit Spidey and Spider-Woman... and I'm one of them, and I'm not bothered by the new figures. What is the problem, exactly? :confused:

If there's already two Ant-Mans in the wave, that may not be the ideal time to do a Micro Ant-Man. Just sayin'.

I, too, am confused over the "hypocrite" label we've gotten over making a new, better, bearded Thor. The old figure is still a rare, short-packed chase figure; the new one is pretty different, even if it's based on the same character. If someone is reading us as saying we'd never re-make a CHARACTER that was a short-packed figure... well, that's an unfortunate miscommunication. Pretty sure it will happen again, especially as characters rise and fall in prominence in the comics. An obscure throwback one year may get his own limited series later. But if the presence of a new Thor makes your old Thor worth less, Sam, we're certainly sorry.

FYI, me saying I dig Warriors Three does not mean anything. Hopefully Thor 2 will give us some more opportunities. And Chuck may very well be correct about FF Set 2, I just need to ask for those shots to be posted. I think we have Knight Rider packaging, as well.

Hey, another Q&A where my question was ignored! Thanks guys, I get the hint.

What was your question, youbastards? Perhaps I can help.

I, too, am confused over the "hypocrite" label we've gotten over making a new, better, bearded Thor. The old figure is still a rare, short-packed chase figure; the new one is pretty different, even if it's based on the same character. If someone is reading us as saying we'd never re-make a CHARACTER that was a short-packed figure... well, that's an unfortunate miscommunication. Pretty sure it will happen again, especially as characters rise and fall in prominence in the comics. An obscure throwback one year may get his own limited series later. But if the presence of a new Thor makes your old Thor worth less, Sam, we're certainly sorry.

Yeah, that's been a long running complaint that Dinobot and some other folks have had. I've always felt that as long as it is not a straight re-release, it's not really a foul, especially since the newer 'mates are often times just better. Bearded Thor is a great example of that.

FYI, me saying I dig Warriors Three does not mean anything. Hopefully Thor 2 will give us some more opportunities.

That's how I was interpreting it- a desire to get them, but nothing concrete. I really love the characters, so I'm hoping with Thor 2 we can get movie and comic versions.

As someone who unashamedly targets anything rare & variant in a Minimate form I don't have a problem with DST's alleged &, as far as I understand, steadfast pledge not to re-release anything 'variant' or short pack.....for emphasis they never have..... but I'm not too fussed if they did !

Of far more concern to me is the reply to the QA question about Holiday-mates which have always been 'dealers only' exclusives <_<

More dealers exclusives to scavenge from ebay .....whoopeybloodydoo. :down:

Of far more concern to me is the reply to the QA question about Holiday-mates which have always been 'dealers only' exclusives <_<

I don't believe Chuck said anything about retailers. Not sure why he would have addressed if he was just talking about gifts for retailers and press.

I don't believe Chuck said anything about retailers. Not sure why he would have addressed if he was just talking about gifts for retailers and press.

See how I did that ? :biggrin:

I really look forward to the possibility of seeing some generally available Holiday-mates. My first minimate .....which was bought as a gift for someone who never received him......was Santa Spidey,the rest is history . I also recall with great pleasure the 'Limited Edition' Minimate I received as a gift out of the blue some years ago ,Winkerbean's efforts have never been forgotten by this writer whose written word often appears more abrasive than he intends.

I would eat brains to get a zombie Santa minimate!!! That is a spectacularly awesome idea!

Also, it really sounded like that Star Trek Shuttlecraft is a strong possibility. Bring it on!! I'd buy a whole fleet! Of course, if DST wants to rerelease it with different figures and paint jobs (names on the shuttle) like they do the pirate ships, I'd be down for that! And STTNG mates make great sense with the 25th anniversary AND multi-year bluray release schedule pending.

See how I did that ? :biggrin:

I should have let you wallow in your misery for a while longer. :lol:

As someone who wanted, at least the original Marvel vs Capcom 3 characters as minimates I feel a little... Unsettled at the idea of it ending so soon, especially with the variants the alt pallets and costumes could offer (it could get things like Scarlet Spider and Captain Rodgers out of the way). Hopefully this just means "for now" (especially when rumours of Tron being made popped up a few weeks back) and we will get an Ultimate announcement soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

haha, Mystery Man thinks the shark in Jaws is called 'Bruce'. Everyone knows his name is Jaws... Jaws the Shark.

Jaws... the Shark.

EDIT - "The MAX line is really not “generic” people it’s a team and each has their own personality and adds an aspect to the team dynamic"

yeahhhh? :confused:

Edited by dj87

Space-mates would be the bee's knees! Boats will be cool in the MAX line, but I'd prefer a regular police car or motorcycle first. Not terribly surprising about LOTR, but an answer about the Hobbit would have been nice...