UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

A box set with Cannonball, Domino, Shatterstar, and Feral would make sense in respect to the 90's kick DST has been on lately.

I would go APE for a 90's X-Force box-set. . . With exactly THAT line up (And possibly a Rictor/Syrin TRU pack),

BUT . . . i wouldn't be holding my breath on it. I love that team to death, but are they 'classic' or 'iconic' enough to be made into a box-set?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A box set with Cannonball, Domino, Shatterstar, and Feral would make sense in respect to the 90's kick DST has been on lately.

I would go APE for a 90's X-Force box-set. . . With exactly THAT line up (And possibly a Rictor/Syrin TRU pack),

BUT . . . i wouldn't be holding my breath on it. I love that team to death, but are they 'classic' or 'iconic' enough to be made into a box-set?

I think there are a lot of current collectors who cut their teeth on comics during the early 90's boom, so for them that is the iconic X-Force. I mean, DST did use a slot on 90's Cable rather than redoing him in his current uniform.

A two-pack with Siryn would be awesome – I wonder if DST would reuse Photon's wing/cape thing or sculpt a new piece for her (and, hopefully, her papa!)

I think there are a lot of current collectors who cut their teeth on comics during the early 90's boom, so for them that is the iconic X-Force. I mean, DST did use a slot on 90's Cable rather than redoing him in his current uniform.

A two-pack with Siryn would be awesome – I wonder if DST would reuse Photon's wing/cape thing or sculpt a new piece for her (and, hopefully, her papa!)

>shrug< rather have a New Mutants set, but hey, I'm old and set in my ways. (And have proven I'll buy just about anything 616)

And if Siryn gets a mates before her father, I think that officially qualifies as tragic.

I still don't see how we've yet to see a Banshee/Sunfire 2-pack yet.

I think that if it's done right, 90's X-Force would have to have Cannonball, Domino and Shatterstar. Those were the three best known team characters (not including Cable) and all three have made other comic appearances since. I think the last slot could be debated, but if they made it a 90's New Mutants set you could justify another release for Deadpool (maybe a slimmed down, back-to-basics version). I don't need another Deadpool, but that'd help sell some sets.

I think that if it's done right, 90's X-Force would have to have Cannonball, Domino and Shatterstar. Those were the three best known team characters (not including Cable) and all three have made other comic appearances since. I think the last slot could be debated, but if they made it a 90's New Mutants set you could justify another release for Deadpool (maybe a slimmed down, back-to-basics version). I don't need another Deadpool, but that'd help sell some sets.

True, Deadpool would help sell the set, but I think it also needs to include a visually striking character like Feral, which could be done easliy with some of the pieces from the new Beast and using the Cheetah tail.

I was lucky enough to be into X-men during the Brood story, and the New Mutants orignal book that resulted from it. Heck, I'd even take a set of the orginal team in the old uniforms!

>shrug< rather have a New Mutants set, but hey, I'm old and set in my ways.

Oh, I would love a new Mutants set. Warlock has been on my want list for a long time.

Feral, which could be done easliy with some of the pieces from the new Beast and using the Cheetah tail.

That's who I was thinking, mostly based on the easy parts reuse. I'd be surprised if they redid Deadpool this soon.

I believe Dr.K has first hand information regarding the Banshee......

Maybe someone should share here.

Or at least send me a pm (I'm great with secrets).

And I think Deadpool is a matter of time, but think it may be too soon for a re-release also.

Sweet Jesus, want them all!

A new mutants set, an x-force set (i like the 90's domino, shatterstar, cannonbal & feral roster) & the sunfire/banshee pack. How have we NOT gotten that 2-pack already????

• 2 weeks later...

From today's Q&A:

Hello, I’m a big fan ... and was just wondering if you guys ever considered or would consider taking on the LOST license and franchise for action figures or collectibles?

DSTChuck: I can say we’ve looked at the license from time to time but never pulled the trigger. Sometimes a movie or TV show can be real cool and have lots of fans but not really drive merchandise. Maybe after the show has been off the air a little while we’ll see how strong the following is.

Is it me, or does that answer seem really dumb? "We're going to wait until after the property in question is at peak visibility and the buzz has died down, then we'll think about trying to market something."

It seems like the first half of the answer, "some properties just don't work as toys" was fine. The rest of it sounded strategically ridiculous.

Edited by Lobsterman

Yeah, I think they have used that justification previously for releasing BSG figures after the show went off the air, but to me it only seems like a potentially good idea if the cost of the license drops significantly. Maybe they are thinking that a lot of these shows are like Firefly of Family Guy--becomes extremely popular after it goes off the air. But I don't think Lost is that kind of show. It already is extremely popular.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, I think they have used that justification previously for releasing BSG figures after the show went off the air, but to me it only seems like a potentially good idea if the cost of the license drops significantly. Maybe they are thinking that a lot of these shows are like Firefly of Family Guy--becomes extremely popular after it goes off the air. But I don't think Lost is that kind of show. It already is extremely popular.

I agree. Aside from watching it maybe once more all the way through I don't think that it's something that people are going to revisit over and over.

I believe Dr.K has first hand information regarding the Banshee......

Maybe someone should share here.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ic=8035&hl= ............inaugural post ;)

Lost:

A few 'Lost' boxsets might sell to a few 'Lost' fans. The kubricks which are extremely 'desirable' to 'somebody' if their ebay prices are anything to go by .

I always ......always....play the 'take their head off & figure out who they are? ' game as the deciding factor which Minimate/kubrick will be the top sellers . Try this with Star Trek,24 & BSG*. Try this with 99.9% of all Marvel/DC.

Does this need further explanation?????

* doesn't work with Cylons because it's so hard to pull their heads off . :)

Edited by buttheadsmate

I always ......always....play the 'take their head off & figure out who they are? ' game as the deciding factor which Minimate/kubrick will be the top sellers . Try this with Star Trek,24 & BSG*. Try this with 99.9% of all Marvel/DC.

I'm afraid it does. . . perhaps it's a bit late here and i'm not thinking clearly - but i'm not sure understand.

Yeah, do you try to figure out who they are based on head alone, or based on headless body alone? With BSG, I don't think it would matter either way, as they are boring stinkers any way you look at them. Some Lost Kubs have pretty interesting heads, though still too boring for my tastes. I sold mine awhile back for that reason.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm afraid it does. . . perhaps it's a bit late here and i'm not thinking clearly - but i'm not sure understand.

If you remove the head from most DC & Marvel characters the character will still be recognisable because the remainder of the Minimate will still identify the character . Take the head off of many Star Trek TOS Minimate figures & you have ? or possibly ? maybe ?

The characters in 'Lost' are just normal Joes mainly in T-shirts & trousers(pants) .........Hurley being the obvious exception. Do you really want 9 or so characters wearing normal clothes ,calling them 'Lost' minimates & paying ABC a large licence fee to do so. In the kubrick set they have resorted to giving Locke a knife,Charlie a guitar,Kate some handcuffs,Sawyer .....a book :D ....& Ben (inexplicably) a cane to help (?) differentiate the figures . Sad!

Don't get me wrong ....I'd love to see some Minimate packaging containing some Lost characters but are they 'different'enough. BTW I love the TV show.

A few 'Lost' boxsets might sell to a few 'Lost' fans. The kubricks which are extremely 'desirable' to 'somebody' if their ebay prices are anything to go by .

Doesn't count. Someone will always buy kubricks for insane amounts of money.

In the kubrick set they have resorted to giving Locke a knife,Charlie a guitar,Kate some handcuffs,Sawyer .....a book :D ....& Ben (inexplicably) a cane to help (?) differentiate the figures . Sad!

And we already have all of those parts tooled! Seems like a surefire win! ;)

Doesn't count. Someone will always buy kubricks for insane amounts of money.

Yeah, I'm with Dinobot here (:ohmy:), I'm actually a bit doubtful about how many of the feverish buyers of Lost Kubricks out there are true-blue Losties and how many of them are just sad, habitual Kubrick completists (:whistling:)

Although to be fair, I wouldn't find seeing 'mates of, oh, I dunno, Mr. Eko with a little Virgin Mary heroin statuette (although I imagine this might cross Red-Skull-Nazi-armband levels of un-PCness), Desmond in his cool-looking Dharma Initiative jumpsuit, and maybe a polar bear or smoke monster :P

Yeah, I'm with Dinobot here (:ohmy:),

Gah! Okay, what's going on here? You're like the third person to be shocked that you agree with me in the past 2 weeks. I know I'm out there sometimes, but when did I become so unpopular that it's incredulous to side with me? I'm flabbergasted, honestly.

Yeah, I'm with Dinobot here (:ohmy:),

Gah! Okay, what's going on here? You're like the third person to be shocked that you agree with me in the past 2 weeks. I know I'm out there sometimes, but when did I become so unpopular that it's incredulous to side with me? I'm flabbergasted, honestly.

June 9th, 2006