UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

bioshock 2, hey i can dream can i? a bigdaddy would be awesome!!

or i know its useless to say, but super street fighter 4?...please?

Edited by SErge

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link to a list of video game releases in 2010. Most of the big name games (Halo, Warcraft, Bioshock, Final fantasy, Prince of Persia, Mario) already have agreements for figures, etc.

However there are new Mortal Kombat, Aliens vs Predator, Metal Gear and Mega Man games coming out next year. I'd be happy with any of them being the video game license. Please, please, please let it be Mega Man.

or maybe the video game license is for the Super Meat Boy game. :tongue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2010_video_games

And it's pretty funny that they still haven't properly answered what that rectangular thing from the Silence Of The Lambs set is yet :lol:

The white thing with the little blue dashes at the top? I'd always assumed that to be the case notes Clarice Starling takes into the interview area when she first meets Lector.

What I found confusing is that his response is to the question about more Miniflyers...specifically BSG. Chuck answers, "yes there will be at least one more wave", but does he mean BSG specifically will be getting one more wave or just Miniflyers in general (the Delorian etc. that were recently announced)? He makes it sound like they're giving BSG "another shot" despite "soft-sales", but he then goes on to say that the BSG MM line is done...or was he just referring to the figures by themselves?!? I so hope that I'm not misinterpreting this and that there truly will be another BSG MF wave. As much as I'll always be a tiny bit sad about the disappearance of the original "classic" flyers, I think the release of a MK II Viper would provide enough closure for me on this line (and I could then move on to new things to whine about! :lol: ).

It read to me as the BSG wave of vehicles "sold soft" so they're giving vehicles one more shot, which would be the three they just announced.

The Vipers are selling better than the Raiders in my neck of the woods but I think the design of the Raider is all kinds of dumb. If it really needed a figure to go with it, make it fit in the underbelly (like when Starbuck piloted it) rather than deforming the design so much it's practically unrecognizable.

I also noticed the question regarding the number stamped on Minimates' butts now. That's part of the Consumer Products Safety Information Act (CPSIA). It's a code that is supposed to allow consumers and manufacturers to know exactly where and when (down to the shift) a product is made in case Timmy has an allergic reaction after sucking on Jean Grey's head all afternoon. Makes a recall much easier.

I also noticed the question regarding the number stamped on Minimates' butts now. That's part of the Consumer Products Safety Information Act (CPSIA). It's a code that is supposed to allow consumers and manufacturers to know exactly where and when (down to the shift) a product is made in case Timmy has an allergic reaction after sucking on Jean Grey's head all afternoon. Makes a recall much easier.

Thanks for the clarification, PL. Utter, frellin' BS, to clutter my toy with lawyer-gasm smurf, but thanks.

From the latest Q&A:

"if we did want to bring some vampire products I think Buffy and Angel would be our first choice."

Dammit. I just finished watching the Buffy and Angel series on DVD. Now I'm starting on some semi-quick customs, and I do hate throwing work on the fire... Not to read into the tea leaves too much, but I wonder what the chances are that DST would revisit those long-lost PALZ as Minimates? I seem to remember DST's 6" Buffy line running aground rather miserably.

But, 2010 is the 15th anniversary of Buffy, isn't it?

Edited by Lobsterman

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like the next Ghostbusters wave being full of heavy hitters was an attempt to capitalize on their current success without assuming that the line will go much further:

In the past DST has at times made the mistake of going maybe one wave too far and we do not want to do that with GB.

Interesting round. Lots of gut punches in the first half, but some encouraging news in the second half. That comment about Falcon was probably the most straightforward I've ever seen Chuck be on a specific character. Sounds like he's a lock. Too bad about Kang, though... 2011, maybe?

DSTChuck: Right now we do not have a Kang figure in any of our line plans.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Although Falcon, Songbird, Meggan and Alpha Flight sound reasonably likely. So that's good.

Ugh..what a disappointing Q&A. No Ecto-1, no Kang, seems like wave 3 is the end for Ghostbusters.

Although I'm curious to see what the new lines and ideas are that will be shown at Toy Fair.

DST has already done Terminator, BSG, LOTR, Ghostbusters, DC, Marvel, etc and said no Aliens or Predator.

Crosses fingers for Mega Man minimates. please please please.

Edited by fwoosheyman

Hmmm, if they're going to make the full Excalibur team, I'm not sure if I want to sell my Nightcrawler. I recently decided to keep my blue Iceman because I think he's better than the ones that just came out XD And if they DO make a new Nightcrawler, will I feel the same way? On the other hand I like the new Rogue better so... Guess I'll take my chances.

And DBZ Minimates would be pretty interesting. You could use Tenshinhan (Tien in America) as an army builder when he multiplies himself XD The license could benefit from the battle auras, energy blasts and the hair, considering we need spiky hair for other anime customs. And if they make a scouter attachment:

Cyclops: Cable, what does the scouter say about Apocalypse's power level?

Cable: IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Cyclops: What?!? 9000?!?

In their defense, they've been saying that Sony Pictures (or whoever holds the Ghost Busters movie franchise) has been reviewing the performance of the product already out there before advancing further with the merchandise. At least that was the case regarding the cartoon. It could be if the Minimates are selling well, a vehicle license could be down the line.

And I'll add that I'm a little disappointed in the DST gang. This would have been an excellent opportunity to at least partially address, or at even acknowledge 'Angel-gate'. Not losing faith or thinking they don't care or anything of that ilk. Just think they missed an opportunity.

And I'll add that I'm a little disappointed in the DST gang. This would have been an excellent opportunity to at least partially address, or at even acknowledge 'Angel-gate'. Not losing faith or thinking they don't care or anything of that ilk. Just think they missed an opportunity.

I would appreciate them using the term "Angel-gate". :D

Man - i'm trying not to pin all my hopes to the tiny morsel of bait they threw us this round . . . but the mentioning of 'thought being given to fleshing out a team or set' makes me all excited about the (slim) possibility of one day seeing a Meggan, Jubilee, Forge, etc . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly a new Q&A, but I was a little confused as to where to post this, so...

Vote for you favorite DST items of 2009

What's interesting to note here is only one Minimate item showed up in the poll: the BSG miniflyers for Best Vehicle! Perhaps they weren't as big a pegwarming failure as others thought.

Oh, and I miss Conan already. :(