UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

Maybe something along the lines of past and future versions.

Hydro Iron Man & Lady Thor

Team X Wolverine & Iron Man 2099 (or 2020)

Storm Thor & All New X-Men X-23

Alternately an Avenger's/Pet Avengers wave

Lady Thor & Classic Falcon with Throg and Redwing

Black Panther & Zabu with Ms. Lion and Niels the cat (Hairball)

Modern Quicksilver & Lockjaw (updated with clear teleportation parts) with Lockheed and Rocket Raccoon

if a forth set is needed

Zenpool & Tigra with Dogpool and Squirrelpool

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll often see headliners packed together because that's the only way to get the headliners at both specialty and TRU, in the case of shared waves. In those cases, you'll see the other two packs at specialty or TRU focus on less major characters.

TRU 20 is not shared, and it's all new versions of existing characters, but there are a couple alternate looks that I think people will be very interested in. Very curious to see reactions to that one.

TRU 21/Comic 64 is shared, with big guns in the shared sets, and while three are more or less straight re-dos, one is a variation that is technically a brand-new character. The exclusives feature one of those, plus one re-do, a few new HIGHLY demanded costume variations and one new character that should please everyone. Granted, that one is a long ways off, the line-up was just sorted out, but I think it has the potential to be highly popular.

TRU 20 is not shared, and it's all new versions of existing characters, but there are a couple alternate looks that I think people will be very interested in. Very curious to see reactions to that one.

So it's Mr. Knight with a Khonshu head and parts to make ALNOW! Moon Knight. I mean, all the clues point straight to him! Kidding aside, I really, really hope he's in one of the 3 waves. But whatever the case may be, I'm a sucker for new costumes, so bring it on!

Thankful as I always am for Zach's clues, I'm having trouble getting my brain around the logistics of these sets, though that is probably just my small brain. However I'm kinda hoping that classic falcon may be one of the "HIGHLY requested costume variations".

Hey Chuck! Before I ask my multitude of Minimate inquiry's I would like to say I LOVE all of the Minimates you produce. They are my favorite collection. (Sorry not englishing good)

So the questions I have:

1. I know you are planning what is going to be produced in 2016, and with the new 'Deadpool' movie coming out in 2016 could we see a wave or a box set for it?

2. With Disney finally 'dipping its toe into Minimate waters' what is stoping you guys from making Star Wars? I know that you probably hear this question all the time, but I am just curious. Disney must have thought Peter Pan did well to bring in NBX. Which leads in #3

3. Nightmare Before Christmas! I heard that we might be getting Jack's "sleigh" and or The bathtub with lock/shock/ and barrel. Is this true? Also can we plan to see a Sandy Claws?

4. The last question I sent in said that you were throwing around a few Deadpool ideas, could I ask what they are? I mean if it was final you probably would have shown it at toy fair, maybe.

Thanks Again!

I think the answer to #2 is pretty simple: Hasbro's the biggest thing stopping Star Wars Minimates. They have a pretty tight hold on the action figure license for Star Wars (Marvel too, but Marvel Minimates pre-date Hasbro having the license). I know that's why Funko makes Pop! bobble heads instead of straight figures.

There was one 2 weeks ago, but if that was around the time you submitted a question it might have been after they were already forwarded to Chuck. Which should mean it gets bumped to the next Minimates batch like Shane said. I had a question go unanswered earlier in the year and my second attempt (exact same question) showed up in the last Q&A. I'm just saying I doubt it was dodged, more likely it was either bumped or missed by mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

confused.gif "DC animated universe minimates? With waves or box sets of batman the animated series/new adventures, superman, batman beyond, static shock."

"DSTChuck: Sorry, right now we have no rights to Minimates for these properties."

We probably wouldn't have Marvel 'mates, either, had DST not built a relationship back in the ToyBiz days before Hasbro and Lego locked down the licenses for their respective categories. I'm sure there are literally dozens of Mezco fans complaining about how there's obviously a demand for Marvel Mez-its if only some licensing idiot could get his shit together.

Edited by Lobsterman