UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

I wish they would have never shown those Doctor Who Minimates....because i do not think they are going to happen.

I could not agree more. This is one line I have been really looking foward to. I have no interest in most of the minimates lines, but Doctor Who I would get.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the responses to Deadpool were made BEFORE they revealed the designs to us. I'm sure DSTChuck has to keep things under wraps.

A little detective work tells me that the Q&A was posted just on the 17th, while the announcement that the Multiverse will shown the :deadpool: design specs was first made WAY BACK on November 1st. I dunno how old the Q&A questions really are, but things are actually NOT boding well for an accessories-laden Deadpool.

Well, my question was asked way before the contest was announced. It's possible they answered every question as they were sent in and then posted them on the 17th.

Which question was yours?

In any case, to follow Dio's line of thought I think the big question now is whether the wave26-related questions in the Q&A were answered BEFORE or AFTER November 1st (the first MMMV anouncement of the DP design specs). If they were answered BEFORE the 1st, it means that DST were still settling on the inclusion of DP's accessories and then later went "What the heck? Let's give Deadpool that buttload of accessories", then later release the art to the Multiverse to give fans a positive idea of what to expect with Deadpool.

However, if they in fact answered AFTER the 1st, then that means they were still in the middle of the decision-making process when they released the art to the Multiverse, and sometime before posting the answers on the AA website the powers that be went "Okay, maybe we won't be able to give Deadpool all those accessories after all. Go tell AA."

Am I making any sense?

My question is the better part of midway through the list, and I asked it way back before Minimate week. Maybe they answer these as they get this, so it's less work for them. But they also can't reply to events that haven't happened yet, to them. Hope that helps.

All I want to know is where the hell are my Dr. Who minimates?!

Recall this question and the response:

Doug Wolford: Would you consider releasing a Cable & Deadpool wave? I think it would be very successful if you had pairings something like: Cable/Domino, Deadpool/Irene Merryweather, Shen Kuei/Black Box and for the variant: X-Men uniform Deadpool. I think it would be a great idea to rerelease Cable as I know that some people have lost his hairpiece, and the rerelease would insure that people would have a secure Cable. Will there be a wave of Minimates for the upcoming movie: X-Men Origins: Wolverine? I would love to see Gambit and Deadpool. Also, there is a typo in the confirm address field, it reads: “Cofirm Your Email Address *”

DSTChuck: We might do some of those characters but we have no plans for a wave dedicated to Cable.

If DSTChuck had answered this question around the 17th, wouldn't it make sense for him to say "We've announced Deadpool and Gambit"? When he says "might", it implies that he's being intentionally vague in saying which Minimates are coming out, and he never specifically mentioned Deadpool and Gambit. This question wouldn't have been asked if waves 25 and 26 were revealed.

Then we have:

Brian Petersen: THANK YOU! These two newly announced Marvel minimate waves sound AWESOME!!! I have some questions, though:

1) Will Deadpool be packed with the appropriate amount of Accessories? (Two machine guns, two katana, two sai, a pistol, etc.)

2) Will Psylocke come with a clear purple katana or psiblades that slide over her hands?

3) Will the skrulls just be regular Skrull grunts or upgrades of the Superskrull minimates?

4) The image of Captain America shown in the blog is the more modern Bucky version. Will we be seeing this Bucky version or another Steve?

5) Will Wolverine include a mask?

6) Will Deadpool’s mask be removable to reveal his beautiful moldy face?

7) Is there any reason behind the Sabretooth being included with the Skrull, rather than Wolverine?

8) If the Cap will be the Bucky version, will he come with a pistol too?

DSTChuck: Brian — I think your trying to kill me here…man if your ever going to be at a show PLEASE warn me.

1)He’ll get a fair share but I’m not sure about a FULL arsenal.

2)I think we were thinking Katana

3)Skrull grunts, we already did a super Skrull.

4)We’ve got lots of Cap stuff planned but the one your referring to is Bucky in the new outfit.

5)Yes

6)I don’t think so. Not right now.

7)We thought the Sabertooth variant would be stronger.

8)Yes

Which must have been asked right after the waves were announced, but before the designs for Deadpool were revealed to us. I know because I showed the designs to Brian on the day it was posted. We can assume that DSTChuck was being vague on purpose. After all, the designs were revealed exclusively to MMMV and not the DST/AA blog.

After all, the designs were revealed exclusively to MMMV and not the DST/AA blog.

Why does a part of me take this as some kind of red flag?

Perhaps eventually they'll get shown on the DST/AA blog as well, and THEN we can rest easy about DP's arsenal.

why is dst being vague about future waves of trek i'm getting worried we should have heard something by now, they are selling well right???

I was wondering the same thing. About a week or two ago during AFX's sale they had going on, they had it for like 12 or 13 bucks. For them to cut the price so soon afer hey were released would tell me they aren't selling as well... :(

I think that worrying is a little premature at this point.

First: DST has been far from consistent when rolling out news about future waves of many of the licenses -

For Example: the BSG Razor set and the razor loose assortment were announced a long time ago, then nothing for months... then all of a sudden 2 more series and a box set.

Second: DST has been showing Star Trek a lot of love lately - STII Phaser, Tricorders, Tribbles, Full Size Figures Ultimate Quarter Scale Spock & Kirk, Ships - I don't think the franchise is going anywhere in DST's eyes.

Third: DST has a lot of minimate irons in the fire, not to mention the other lines. Given that Marvel 23-26, BSG 5 & 6, BSG New Caprica Set, Punisher, Secret Invasion, Spirit & T2 are all out there it's concievable that there are plenty of projects to keep them busy in the immediate term. Second, they may want to have some fresh ammo for Toyfair which is a few short months away, and some new Trek mates would serve well in that capacity.

Edited by captain_cbecker

I believe not but some lucky board members have those beautiful (non)kubrick versions. :tongue:

:sick:

Personally, I don't hate anime, just the 90+% of it that really sucks. I like Akira a lot, and the soundtrack from Cowboy Bebop is top notch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but there is some potential Minimate news posted on AA's recent "Ask DST Q&A" posting:

Blaine Rodenbaugh:

Ok…PLEASE tell me good news here. I just saw the new Wolverine prototype, and I’m SO excited….and I’m guessing from the “hint” that there will be a whole series from the new movie out (hopefully) So my question is this…is there any possibility that you guys will make the movie figures that never got done…maybe an x3 Storm?, x3 shadow cat? movie Pyro??? PLEEEAASE!!

DSTChuck: As of now we are only planning one Marvel Select figure from the Wolverine movie. We do have some ideas for other characters from that film but we’ll have to wait and see. We do have a full spread for Minimates planned.

So, does this mean Wolvie movie Minimates are planned? Can anybody tell me what a "full spread" is?

Source:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/12/ask-...qa-19/#more-400

Edited by karamazov80

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=91505

Not surprised you missed it, the thread became about crap hats thanks to BHM 2 posts later! :P

T.

:lol: I actually saw that thread, noticed the picture BHM posted, and just moved along. . .figured it wasn't a discussion I wanted anything to do with. My bad :D

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but there is some potential Minimate news posted on AA's recent "Ask DST Q&A" posting:

Not surprised you missed it, the thread became about crap hats thanks to BHM 2 posts later! :P

T.

Could have sworn that was winkerbean? So what is a full spread ? That was the previous posters question :)

T.

:lol: I actually saw that thread, noticed the picture BHM posted, and just moved along. . .figured it wasn't a discussion I wanted anything to do with. My bad :D

Once you read it you eventually start posting pictures of it .

Edited by buttheadsmate