UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I do not think there will be any last-minute Deadpool movie sets, but we are looking into some comic tie-ins.

Yay! Hoping for Siryn and Cable and Domino and Bob and Weasel and Typhoid Mary and Killbrew and Lady Death and....
A 'Deadpool and Friends' box set would be AWESOME if it meant we got some more 616 characters. Siryn is still a HUGE want of mine. although - i really want her in her green & gold duds. Were they hanging out then? I seem to remember their high-jinx occurring when she was in the purple and yellow gear from the Adam Pollina era.

I'm pretty happy with the Dominos and Cables we have, and Hydra Bob seems like an easy enough custom with an existing Hydra soldier.... but Typhoid would be awesome. I'd love to see a 616 Copycat too, but i know that's probably somewhere at the 'Buckley's' end of the chance spectrum.

If no movie waves being possible means comic tie-ins instead am I the only one who would suddenly like the same to apply to the avengers, thor gotg franchises etc? biggrin.png

I'd almost be willing to put money on Misney/Darvel allowing comic-themed merch based on current fox films to be made being a part of the same same marketing strategy that disallows comic merch from coming out when a Marvel Studios film is released.

The 'brand confusion' they want to avoid on the MS properties is probably less of a concern for the Fox & Sony properties.

TL/DR: Don't expect comic merch for Dr Strange/Thor/IronMan/Avengers/GoTG during film season.

Edited by Nessex

We had already been told after the 3 x waves last year that we might not be seeing any x related mates for a while. I'd bet that disney/marvel doesnt want any merch whatsoever for fox films, regardless of repping comics or movies.

A 'Deadpool and Friends' box set would be AWESOME if it meant we got some more 616 characters. Siryn is still a HUGE want of mine. although - i really want her in her green & gold duds. Were they hanging out then? I seem to remember their high-jinx occurring when she was in the purple and yellow gear from the Adam Pollina era.

Second Deadpool miniseries. She's wearing the one we want.

And I do not think there will be any last-minute Deadpool movie sets, but we are looking into some comic tie-ins.

Yay! Hoping for Siryn and Cable and Domino and Bob and Weasel and Typhoid Mary and Killbrew and Lady Death and....

I'm pretty happy with the Dominos and Cables we have, and Hydra Bob seems like an easy enough custom with an existing Hydra soldier.... but Typhoid would be awesome. I'd love to see a 616 Copycat too, but i know that's probably somewhere at the 'Buckley's' end of the chance spectrum.

I don't remember in what costume they met, but they did interact when she was wearing her green & yellow one. As for the rest, well I have already built a Bob so yeah, that's an easy enough custom. Domino and Cable though could use some modern looks. Don't get me wrong, the X-Force looks are fine and all, but I want a "catsuit" Domino, not "weird head-dress" Domino.

Truth be told, if I was planning a Deadpool wave, here's how I'd do it:

Deadpool (let's say Weapon X outfit)/Siryn

Domino (modern)/Cable (modern)

Taskmaster (modern, UDON or just an updated classic)/Typhoid Mary

Bullseye (just to give new collectors a shot at a new one, and he does have history with 'Pool)/T-ray

Yeah, it's not as much of a Deadpool wave as it is a "Marvel Merc" wave, but it could offer some new characters, costumes and shots at others. You can argue that the upcoming zombie Bullseye with a black sharpie and new face becomes a perfect "normal" Bulls, but as someone who has the TRU one (albeit "damaged" since the white started yellowing a while ago and his mask was misprinted), I'd welcome a new one. Heck, you could load him up with weapons to micic their encounter in Greece. As for Typhoid, she was wearing her "biker stripper" garb when they first met, so I guess we'll be going with that.

Edited by Kostisfire

No Weasel or Blind Al? Deadpool wave wishlist fail! wink.png

If we can't get a new Ghost Rider or Magik, I doubt we'll get an elderly woman in plain clothes. You know, this is kinda off-topic, but here goes: How come Destiny has the body of a 20 yo and the face of an 80 yo? She's supposed to the OG Irene Adler, right? I mean, it doesn't make any sense...

You know, this is kinda off-topic, but here goes: How come Destiny has the body of a 20 yo and the face of an 80 yo? She's supposed to the OG Irene Adler, right? I mean, it doesn't make any sense...

YEah - i always found it weird that tshe had all that exposed skin, but was meant to be a grandmother-type.

Although - she is blind.... perhaps she had no idea how it looked?

You know, this is kinda off-topic, but here goes: How come Destiny has the body of a 20 yo and the face of an 80 yo? She's supposed to the OG Irene Adler, right? I mean, it doesn't make any sense...

YEah - i always found it weird that tshe had all that exposed skin, but was meant to be a grandmother-type.

Although - she is blind.... perhaps she had no idea how it looked?

Maybe she's trying to pass off as a GILF...

How come Destiny has the body of a 20 yo and the face of an 80 yo? She's supposed to the OG Irene Adler, right? I mean, it doesn't make any sense...

There's a lot of plastic in there.

rimshot.gif

Edited by Kostisfire