UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could also mean they'll rush something to market later. Minimates enjoy a somewhat shorter turnaround time than traditional action figures. Unfortunately that usually means a lot more recycling and could yield less than disable results.

So what's your question? Haha some people just want to see the world burn.

To be fair, it’s not like DST has a separate “leave a comment” e-mail system (do they? I just checked and the “Ask DST” logo is the closest thing to a ‘contact us’ button they have, other than leaving a message on twitter or Facebook which seems more public since they don’t have to post the ‘questions’)... also she isn’t wrong.

I think that in general people are so negative that it becomes annoying. If you have nothing nice to say... What did her comment accomplish? That Tina is against MMM? I like them, and can't wait for Animal.

I don't see those criticisms as being all that different than what was in the Muppets thread. Whether Ask DST is the right place for them is another question. I know I've passed on submitting questions before because I couldn't come up with a way to ask them that didn't come across as too negative.

I think that in general people are so negative that it becomes annoying. If you have nothing nice to say... What did her comment accomplish? That Tina is against MMM? I like them, and can't wait for Animal.

Everyone has a right to opinions, Chuck was under no obligation to print the letter and the views expressed weren't that negative (I could say FAR meaner things about the muppets minimates, and often do in the privacy of my own home, but I don't on here because, to agree with your broader point: why negativity?!?!)

That Q&A has three wish list with no real questions attached to them (will you make this? Is not a real question when it's followed by 20 different pairing suggestions) and there's also a no question-question saying how great the muppet minimates are... To pick on that one for rightly saying they're disappointing (which I think they are, they don't work in my opinion, and if you like them that's fine but people are allowed to dislike them) just seems to want to burn the opposition who would dare question a minimate as anything other than great

The problem with Q&A's like this (not just DSTs but any company doing them) is that they turn into wish list/bitch-fests. Most of the questions being asked are about potential product and I don't think DST or anyone else would use a collector Q&A to announce a new wave. It works well for DST to guage interest in particular characters but if you're expecting them to say "hey good question, we WILL be making "X" character in this new wave we haven't announced previously" I think you're going to be disappointed. That's why a lot of these Q&A's turn into "same question, same answer". They just aren't going to announce new product in that format and saying anything before something is approved and solicited could just get them in trouble (you said you were making X and it didn't happen).

Same for the "bitch-fest" type questions. It's a good way to get feedback about product, what's working, what's not, where to improve etc. It doesn't make for good reading but I'm sure it helps DST guage what they are doing and what is and isn't clicking with collectors.

I asked a question about accessories (that didn't make the cut off for this round, basically asking for more "action" accessories like Thor's spinning hammer). I think questions that are more about the product itself and not so much about when character X is going to get made will result in better answers and make the Q&As more interesting.

When I ran the Q&A with Chuck on the AA board (this is going back a loooong way) wish lists were discouraged. Constructive criticism, sure. Gripe all you want but offer a suggestion to change things for the better. There were very few questions that didn't make it to Chuck but I do recall abbreviating more than a few epic rants that boiled down to, "So, when are we getting [insert character name]?"

I'm just glad Chuck is still up to the task of answering these questions after all these years.

We have other ways to contact us. There is an e-mail address posted in numerous locations, and you can message on most of the social media. But if you have a comment about the product, especially a negative one, usually people want to tell DST in a public space so everyone can see them do it, hence Ask DST, or Facebook comments or what have you. Chuck can cut questions he feels are unproductive, so if he includes it then he clearly wants to respond.

I debated cutting out the wish list portions and leaving the questions/comments. But I guess I thought people would like to read them. Some here enjoy creating them, not just Kostis.

And I do not think there will be any last-minute Deadpool movie sets, but we are looking into some comic tie-ins.

And I do not think there will be any last-minute Deadpool movie sets, but we are looking into some comic tie-ins.

Yay! Hoping for Siryn and Cable and Domino and Bob and Weasel and Typhoid Mary and Killbrew and Lady Death and....

As for the wish-lists, well, mainly I do it to "spice-up" my "letter". I just don't like sending things like: "Hey, will you make any GotG stuff?" I don't know, it seems too "raw" to me. I can certainly stop it if anyone's feeling that they're taking up space though. I'm not expecting any answers like "Sure thing mate, we'll be making this assortment next year!", I just like sending out ideas. And who knows, we may get some info once in a while...

Edited by Kostisfire

I always scan the answers before reading the questions. If it’s a “good ideas” or “no plans” or something like a wishlist, I skip it. If there’s a yes answer to something, I’ll see what the question was. If there’s a long answer to anything, I’ll usually read it, hoping it’s something informative.

deadpool or apocalypses tie in? either way yes biggrin.png

I think you just got your Apocalypse tie-in, in Series 62.

And let's not start counting redemptions before they're solicited. If what we're planning is what we offer, then I think some people will be happy,

Edited by DSTZach

If no movie waves being possible means comic tie-ins instead am I the only one who would suddenly like the same to apply to the avengers, thor gotg franchises etc? biggrin.png

I know I dont. I rarely get comic mates anymore. If the movie lines are cut I wouldnt collect anymore.

How about that Thor/Wrecking Crew wave we've been harping about for years, that would take the place of a Deadpool movie wave! :)

- Thor/Wrecker

- Volstagg/Piledriver

- Fandral/Thunderball

- Hogun/Bulldozer

If no movie waves being possible means comic tie-ins instead am I the only one who would suddenly like the same to apply to the avengers, thor gotg franchises etc? biggrin.png

I know I dont. I rarely get comic mates anymore. If the movie lines are cut I wouldnt collect anymore.

kirk-and-spock-needs-quote.png

Edited by youbastards

I am super hoping for more comic waves next year. If civil ware gets as much as avengers that still a takes away a ton of slots, but as long as fox movie mates aren't wasting slots then maybe we can get back to some comic mates. I was hoping to comic Dr Strange tie ins, but after reading that gotg question, I bet marvel will mate block us there too. Bastards.

Keep in mind that the GOTG wave or boxset that chuck tried to get approved (per his comments at C2E2) was this team:

gg302.jpg

So I completely understand why Marvel didn't want that team out there while trying to promote a movie with entirely different characters.

Hopefully the same logic doesn't apply to Dr Strange (and a male version of The Ancient One).

Edited by youbastards