UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

I would think he'd be in a box set for that big upcoming Marvel event whose name escapes me at the moment.

EDIT: That has to be one of the most batshit crazy Q&As I've ever read. You know it's bad when Lee Burns gets in THREE emails. But he wasn't even close to being the craziest. My favorite has to be the guy who was all "it's crazy you've never made Quasar". Now, I'm as big a fan of Quasar as anyone. But trust me: it is not crazy that DST has not made a Marvel Select Quasar figure.

Minimate, on the other hand....

Edited by hellpop

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to hear that they are looking at doing a TRU assortment for A2, and that sales for A1 seemed good enough for this to be a real possibility.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, that was in reference to the movie. I'm sure the comic is pretty far in the rear view mirror by now.

D'oh. That's what I get for trying to post at 2 in the morning. Anyway, 2 series sounds good. From the Ultron bits to the "Avengers Academy" people there are quite a lot of figures that could be made.

I'm surprised we're not getting more Inhumans stuff, considering how much Marvel Comics is pushing that event.

Maybe DST, unlike Marvel, realizes that no one is really interested in the Inhumans? At least not interested in them as a brand, I know there is some demand for the royal family.

I think another point of interest is how Chuck say they currently can't make Fantastic Four Marvel Select Figures and have no plans for Minimates from the new movie. Hmmm......

Can't say I'm surprised, not with the way Disney's been acting toward Fox's Marvel movies in general.

I'm surprised we're not getting more Inhumans stuff, considering how much Marvel Comics is pushing that event.

Maybe DST, unlike Marvel, realizes that no one is really interested in the Inhumans? At least not interested in them as a brand, I know there is some demand for the royal family.

There wasn't much interest in Guardians of the Galaxy a year ago either. Things change.

Based on the numbers I see for sales the new Inhumans stuff is every man's trash. The classic Inhumans that have been around for decades? No problem with them, though I think it's probably tough to find a release plan that works well for them if you want more than one or two. But doing a tie-in to a series that only exists because Marvel wants to replace mutants? Marvel might have money to keep failing at selling the idea but I doubt DST does.

Lets see how the movie does. As mentioned above, Guardians has renewed interest in characters that were arguably C-listers in the MU for the past decade. Inhumans might do the same?

I would really love some classic Inhuman miniamtes (Medusa, Crystal, Karnak & Gorgon would make pretty awesome pairings with F4 characters if we ever see them again).