UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever happened to the Father and Son's minimates line? Does anyone else remember that odd concept? Why was it scrapped? That would have opened the flood gates to all the mini-minimate children figure we all want- along with some great everyday accesories no doubt.

I can understand why the minimate zombies line was scrapped- to act as a spring board for Walking Dead, but I think the kid scale minimate is a missed opportunity.

What ever happened to the Father and Son's minimates line? Does anyone else remember that odd concept? Why was it scrapped? That would have opened the flood gates to all the mini-minimate children figure we all want- along with some great everyday accesories no doubt.

I can understand why the minimate zombies line was scrapped- to act as a spring board for Walking Dead, but I think the kid scale minimate is a missed opportunity.

Chuck apparently believes in the principle of a simplistic 2" base figure ,he is intransigent about a deflection from this,it "will not happen on his watch".......................

................. post-638-0-73018100-1355761026_thumb.jpg

..........post-638-0-18103000-1355760955_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes:

He's the boss but I personally just don't get it ?

Nod to Ivan's MMDB,thanks.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Less than 50% odds for UM wave 4... :sad:

I'm surprised that line made it as far as it did. I'm not saying it wasn't well done, it just, around here at least, didn't seem to have much demand.

Chuck apparently believes in the principle of a simplistic 2" base figure ,he is intransigent about a deflection from this,it "will not happen on his watch".......................

[...]

He's the boss but I personally just don't get it ?

Haha. I don't get it either, but I've finally learned to accept it. The rules are the rules except when they aren't.

I don't agree with the 2" mandate, but I don't have a problem with it either. If Stay Puft, Sentinels, or Galactus can be out of scale, so can Carl. I'd rather have a full-size, out of scale, Carl with full articulation than a Snarf-sized Carl statue.

100% agreed.

I'm not saying it wasn't well done,

I might say it though. Had there not been redundancy, I tend to think the line would have sold better. Had it just been TRU sets or 4-packs, I think it could have faired better. It's not really a line that you can over-saturate the market with and expect units to fly off of the shelves IMO.

I could live with the 2" mandate better with some GR's motorcycle gravey. (100% agree it's an odd line-in-the-sand to draw, getting stranger still when mega sculpts like Anti-Phoenix Iron Man are involved, but oh well)

How large a puppy? Maybe that would help him decide.

Or maybe... I don't know... try offering not to kill a puppy. That might be a smidge more persuasive. Just a thought.

If I recall, Chuck said somewhere that those were developed more as a concept then anything, to show buyers the kind of thing they could do with Minimates. I don't think they had any real plans to ever make them. It is interesting though that Chuck's so adamant against smaller Minimates but was still willing to show those. If Hallmark or someone had been wowed by 'em, I wonder if he'd still be so opposed to kid 'mates.:biggrin: Anyway Jeff, I think you should AskDST about it.

I'm surprised that line made it as far as it did. I'm not saying it wasn't well done, it just, around here at least, didn't seem to have much demand.

Yep.

F---.

And I'm sorry to beat a dead horse, but I really think the delay that it took for these to be released was what killed them before they even got a chance. C'mon... three years just to get what we have? It's almost like they were set up to fail. Obviously that's not the case... but looking at what we've after three years vs. what we could've had in a quicker amount of time? It just depresses the Hell out of me.

I think I should. I'd also like to ask if we'll ever see a Spider-man figure with the web sling finger pose:

spideysilk_zps6ff5b29f.jpg

They tryed something like that with the Masked Spider-man from wave 4, but like with Gambit and Longshot, they could just try a newer approach with that.

I'd like that too! :D

I'd kill a puppy for an X-Men Evolution Wolverine Minimate. You hear me, Chuck? A puppy.

Which outfit, the blue or the orange/brown/yellow?

The blue outfit is basically the same as W3 version; I'm sure you could find some black boots to add to it.

The orange/brown/yellow you could use TRU w9 and match with some of the boots/belts from other figures in Wave 3.

Just please leave the puppies out of this :blink:

*links* mmdb

Yep.

F---.

And I'm sorry to beat a dead horse, but I really think the delay that it took for these to be released was what killed them before they even got a chance. C'mon... three years just to get what we have? It's almost like they were set up to fail. Obviously that's not the case... but looking at what we've after three years vs. what we could've had in a quicker amount of time? It just depresses the Hell out of me.

I dunno, I think the strategy of releasing new figures at Halloween was sound; it's not like wave 1 sold like gangbusters and then wave 2 fell off a cliff. I just don't think there was the demand for figures from the movies as there was for the monsters, know what I mean? And I think starting with CFTBL and the Werewolf rather then Frank or Dracula was a bad idea. It would be like making Marvel toys and not getting to Spider-Man until wave 2.;)

I think I should. I'd also like to ask if we'll ever see a Spider-man figure with the web sling finger pose:

With the recent Hex hands issued with Wanda (I think doc Strange will have them too), i'm sure it's only a matter of time before we see Web-Slinging hands.

spideysilk_zps6ff5b29f.jpg

We 'kinda sort of' had one with Wave 4 marvel 'Masked Spider-Man' ...... post-638-0-82353400-1355847483_thumb.jpg

MMDB :thumbsup:

EDIT: pipped by my friend Aapje

:thumsup:

PS: ALL HAIL IVAN! :D

Edited by Aapje

This latest Q and A makes me kind of sad... Universal Monsters is dead!? LEGO's Monster Fighters line gave such awesome backdrops for them and I was hoping to see Invisible Man and maybe Phantom of the Opera, and... *sob*

And still no chance of child minimates!? I want Power Pack (and will continue to push for them) in minimate form, but not all of them looking the same height as the rest of the mates...at least Jack and Katie...

Posting this here, in case anybody isn't checking the Universal Monsters thread:

With the sad news about "less than 50% chance" of more Universal Monsters in the most recent Q & A, I'm wondering:

Would anybody else want to get together an "Ask DST" letter writing campaign, asking that we get one, final 4-pack of monsters with a Chaney, Sr. Phantom of the Opera, Metaluna Mutant, Mole Man and Invisible Man? Anybody at all? I don't know if it could be a con exclusive or TRU or even Luke's Toy Store (if he could do it)... just something to help those of us who love this line get a proper send off? Anybody?