UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Lego's Monster line being out at the same time as new UM Minimates might prove better sales at TRU.

Or both lines could flop horribly in unity.

I hope they don't flop, as I always like when DST succeeds... and I want more monsters! :thumbsup:

I have to wonder what other sets Lego would potentially come out with re: Monster Fighters. I've got the Vampyre Castle and it's really cool, but I luckily found it at the right place online for super cheap. Otherwise, that stuff is waaaaay to expensive. The forthcoming Haunted House is a dream come true for me but it's going to put ME in the poor house to afford.

I'm still crossing my fingers we'll get that snazzy Pirates skeleton from DST. Maybe some kind of Halloween-themed generic monsters 4-pack with a green faced witch, red devil, skeleton and ghost in a sheet. I would buy the S-H-I-T outta that.

• 3 weeks later...
1343088167[/url]' post='238748']
1343082583[/url]' post='238736']
1343074512[/url]' post='238718']

Zing!

yes, I set myself up nicely for that one :turned:

Forgive me...the question deserved better.

If you guys are really THAT interested I can give it some thought and work up a detailed reply... LMK.

I wouldn't mind knowing. Certainly more interesting that the same "will we get xxxxx?" questions over and over.

If you guys are really THAT interested I can give it some thought and work up a detailed reply... LMK.

Indeed. I listened to the Action Figure Insider 10th Anniversary interview several times, and all the behind-the-scenes stuff really fascinates me (and thus, my Ask DST question was born) ... I'm very interested in how different Minimates might be, had circumstances been different (if you started from scratch today, how would your current insights and experiences of the toy industry/market affect the end product? Are there any newer things or ideas that you've encountered over the last few years that may have inspired a different approach to the visual or functional basis of the Minimate design? Do you think you may have begun with the current detailed style without ever having the more 'simplified' vision Digger started out with? Things along those lines :) ) ... Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with insights like your regrets with Hulkbuster IM's distribution. But if you're up to it, I'm sure there are several of us who would love hearing how things like artistic vision, inspiration and circumstances factor into the end product :)

Zing!

yes, I set myself up nicely for that one :turned:

Forgive me...the question deserved better.

Yeah Chuck, definitely interested. Like Donny said, I find behind the scenes stuff really interesting, and, to your credit, you've always been very forthcoming in sharing your thoughts and insights behind your decisions (which is why your short answer to the question was a disappointment).

• 3 weeks later...

I would have thought Pokemon would be considered the most famous anime because of the games. Shows what I know about girlie anime that Sam watches.

And I'm curious about when Chuck said he wondered where I'd been, if it was in a 'oh, it's Lee Burns again' tone or not. Either way, it's clear there's still no Squirrel Girl love at the top of DST.

Airwolf! Airwolf! Airwolf! One of the best theme songs in all of TV!

Think of it! Ernest Borgnine Minimate! Jan Michael-Vincent Minimate (with drunk action)! An actual helicopter scaled for Minimates! Think of the hollow mountain playset they could also make! It can't lose!

Hmm, okay. Just checked the top 10 lists. Sailor Moon isn't on there. My previous information was based on an Italian site, and I did not take that into consideration. If you know anything about Italian animation you know why that's a problem.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php

Haruhi Suzumiya is on there. Nice. And Pokemon is high up on the over-rated list.

Still, I'll be interested to see how the numbers turn in 2014. Sailor Moon is 20 years old after all.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Hmm, okay. Just checked the top 10 lists. Sailor Moon isn't on there. My previous information was based on an Italian site, and I did not take that into consideration. If you know anything about Italian animation you know why that's a problem.

http://www.animenews...tings-anime.php

Haruhi Suzumiya is on there. Nice. And Pokemon is high up on the over-rated list.

Still, I'll be interested to see how the numbers turn in 2014. Sailor Moon is 20 years old after all.

Pokemon is definitely the most recognizable with a mainstream American audience, though. But it's time has probably passed; I think, if you really wanted to capture a large audience for an anime property, then Avatar: the Last Airbender is the way to go.

I'd probably buy Avatar 'mates. Definitely would not buy Sailor Moon or Pokemon or most other anime(ish) properties. Plenty of cool army building potential. Akira would be the bees knees though.

Edited by Turtle