UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

Wow. Yeah, that was better then "have you thought about making...". Chuck's answer to Ivan's metaphysical query should be the MM Q&A question of the year.

BTW, Chuck answered my question about the Disney Store. :thumbsup:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone always seems to get left out of the box sets due to the fact that every fan has their own favorite, as often as possible we mix the “missing” characters in two packs later.

the point has been missed there

all in all, a very good read. It is really nice to see how much time Chuck has for minimate fans.

He seems to be open to suggestions on the 10th anniversary thing. Not sure if we could convince them to do some kind of con exclusive with a special logo, but it might be worth a try.

I checked up on it, and Minimates had their debut in 2002 with the 3" scale Trek and Dark Angel mates. The 2" scale came along in 2003 with the LotR and Marvel mates.

Ah, the International Day of Minimate Inquisition was a success. I think this should be a quarterly event instead of annual.

I'm still not convinced that customizers aren't somehow playing God though. Sure, taking a jacket or a boot from one Minimate and putting it on another is no big deal. But what about a headswap? If you take a Peter Parker head and put it on Tony Stark's body, who do you end up with? Parker? Stark? Peter Sarsgaard? I think I'm going to have to consult a clergyman for this.

Although I'm fairly certain 'soul' is measured by volume... like punctuation.

'DSTChuck: I have to be honest. I can’t think of a way a single collector can have a big influence on what gets made and doesn’t get made.'

At least he answered, but i can't help but feel slightly bummed by this reply . . . .

'DSTChuck: I have to be honest. I can’t think of a way a single collector can have a big influence on what gets made and doesn’t get made.'

At least he answered, but i can't help but feel slightly bummed by this reply . . . .

After the number of times that fan polls have ben snuffed in the Q & A, I can't really say that this should come as a surprise.

I agree Nessex, it was a good question, and you were more talking about creating noticible fan buzz for certain characters or ideas rather than just one collector saying "This is what I want".

I think by this point, if we can't get Kang then no-one's listening!

I agree Nessex, it was a good question, and you were more talking about creating noticible fan buzz for certain characters or ideas rather than just one collector saying "This is what I want".

I think by this point, if we can't get Kang then no-one's listening!

But I think that's what Chuck's answer was. He said in general they take notice but he's saying one single individual person can't make changes to what they plan. I would hate to think one single outside person did make a difference because that would mean they were making a toy line for individual peoples wants.

You jest but according to my server logs there are some highly influential individuals in Washington D.C. (using government computers) with a significant interest in Minimates. When I check the referrers for the DC IPs it's readily apparent they have accounts here at MMMV. I don't know user names but, this one and this one look interesting.

I see two possibilities. One, the DST lobbyists are very good at their jobs and have influenced the upper levels of government. They are seeking to either lower raw material (plastic/tampo ink) prices or change copyright and trademark law to skirt likeness restrictions placed by intellectual property owners. This is good news both ways as it will either lower Minimate prices or raise licensing opportunities. (I hear the only thing preventing the long awaited Golden Girls box set is the Estelle Getty estate will not approve any likeness.)

The other, more nefarious, possibility is that the government computers being used to access our Minimate underbelly are not those of lawmakers, but of law enforcement. You know, those three letter agencies, FBI, CIA, NSA, BOB. They are using Minimates as inconspicuous monitoring devices. Implanted with advanced, nigh undetectable electronics they transmit the activities and communications of Minimate collectors worldwide. All suspicious activity is flagged and cataloged. Behavior is monitored to determine if the subject can be convinced to turn on his comrades. If not, blackmail is employed. Old Minimate collectors don't die, they get abducted by the government.

I think I have my question for the next Q&A. :)

*Joe Wilson receives a text from an Obama aid saying that Obama never really promised to provide $3 million in federal subsidies for Minimate distribution in his district*

Joe-Wilson-You-Lie-photo.jpg

Actually, we've seen two cases where Minimate fans have gotten 'mates made that otherwise wouldn't happen: Chef Duff and Goth Girl. And, of course, the Desperately Seeking Susan set was famously made so that Chuck's wife could have a Madonna Minimate. So there's two ways: pony up the funds for the production costs of, what, about 2,500 Minimates, or marry Chuck. :unsure:

Edited by hellpop

• 1 month later...

new Q&A up

It's a mixed bag, but a few Minimate questions.

I appreciate Chuck answering these, but I think he showed in answer to BHM's question/observance that he doesn't get it. He mentions what a headache it must be for TRU.com to distribute uneven packed cases-maybe he should consider what a headache for collectors that must be also. :rolleyes: