UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

August 3, 2009 : AskDST #48 - Minimates Edition

We’re back from San Diego Comic Con and ready to tackle your Minimates questions! So check out the full list of DSTChuck’s answers to learn when we might see some more Ghostbusters Minimates, get an explanation of our new Battle Beasts plans, find out the odds of X-Factor, Excalibur and X-Force Minimates plus a host of other Minimates questions!

Brian M

Why is the Bullseye/Moonstone TRU exclusive 2-pack only one per case? All prior TRU exclusive marvel 2-packs were at least two per case. Considering most TRU’s only get approximately 4-6 cases of each new wave this makes it very difficult for collectors to actually find one in stores.

DSTChuck: We do understand that for many collectors there is not a TRU near and that’s a problem tracking these items down. We have discussed with TRU getting this line into more stores and getting the product better organized in the stores that do have stock. The decision to make this pack one per case was mine not TRU’s. The reasoning was that we wanted to get these characters out to collectors to finish their Thunderbolts sets but if we made it the short pack in a comic wave there would be too few. By doing one per case for TRU it’s in fact more product in the marketplace than a comic store’s one-per-case packout. I was worried if we did two packs per case on characters that the casual collector might not familiar with, we’d wind up with too many.

Kevin Thomas

Is there going to be a SciFi (SyFy) minimates giveaway at SDCC this year (2009) like years before? Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

DSTChuck: Sorry no SyFy did not ask for one this year (as by now you have seen) BUT Sony was nice enough to allow us to do a Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary give-away.

Tony Shilling

Back with another few questions; sorry it’s in the same Q&A, Chuck…this is a great process though, and i thank you for the opportunity. Regarding the BSG Mini-fliers, specifically the Raider, is the red eye painted on or will it be movable?? That’d be a really neat feature to add, in my opinion. Also, will the names on the sides be printed on by you all, or will we have the option of putting on our own?? By that i mean, will we have to have, say, 3 Constanzas and Karas if we plan on buying many, or can we add in others’ names like Lee or Kat?? And for Marvel, i have a few regarding TRU.. And will the Dark Avengers boxed set be available in-store, or is it exclusively online?? Lastly, i love what you’re doing with Marvel’s army-builders with variants option. This was a really great move. Is there a chance that LCSs could see these going singled-packed to LCSs?? I mean, BSG had multiple single pack cases, and Terminator just got in on it. So why not Marvel, with say AIM, HYDRA, and Skrulls, all at 4 per case. Might be good for business, and will definitely be good for those who want terrorist-group armies without having to own 10 Iron Men. Again, i apologize for having two separate questions this time around, and for them being the size they are. You guys are doing a great job; keep up the good work.

DSTChuck: Tony don’t be sorry, if not for fans like you emailing in questions this web site would not work. We like this format as well so we can answer a question once and all the fans can see the answer. It’s also nice for fans to see what other fans want to know - not just what a company wants to tell them.

The red eye is painted on. A light-up eye would be VERY cool but cost too much to add.

We’re not sure right now what TRU plans to do with the SDCC set - not even sure if they have stock left from the show.

Glad you like the change in the configuration- it was overdue. We’re not sure right now if we’re ever going to do a single pack Marvel case, but we’ve thought about it.

Joshua Hesselgrave

Hi and thanks again for answering these. I just got the first wave of TRU BSG Minimates and wanted to compliment you on them. They are far superior in design, looks and packaging than the first four waves and I think they’re a great start to resurrecting the line. Can you give any details about wave 2? Specifically, are there any accessories or extra body parts with each figure? Also, are the Cylon Centurion and Mortar Cylons in wave 2 any different than previous releases? Also, do you know when we’ll see pictures of the figures that will be in the Mini Flyers? Thanks again.

DSTChuck: Wow glad you liked wave one so much- wave two is well on its way and should be in stores soon. I think graphics has shot the miniflyers in package, if so I’ll have them out it on the Blog.

Matt Strawbridge

Many people over on the http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/ boards have agreed with me that a Kang minimate would be really neat and look great in the Marvel minimate line. What do you think?

DSTChuck: Kang hmmm, I had not heard anyone wanted that figure, we’ll have to see.

Scott Potis

Hey everyone, I a few questions regarding everyone’s favorite block figure, Minimates! 1. First up, since the start of the TRU ‘mates, you have included insert mini-posters of all the previous Marvel Minimates. Oddly, this poster is included with the T2 mates. Is there any chance, we will be getting a T2 poster included in the next waves? I’m thinking the “minimated” movie poster would be awesome.

2. Now that BSG is getting some vehicles, have you looked into doing the same for other licenses? I.E. a motorcycle for T-800, a mini-bike for John Connor, and of course an ECTO-1 for the Ghost Busters!

3. In a previous Q and A, someone asked about Alien and Predator, and you said they could happen. What do we have to do get you do “get this done”? :D Thanks!

DSTChuck: “Everyone’s” favorite block figure - I like that.

1. We did not have enough time to make one of those diorama shots for T2 but we still might for the web. Glad you like them though.

2. We’re doing all we can to take advantage of the placement in TRU to grow the brand for everyone (including TRU). YES if the BSG vehicles do well we’d LOVE to expand the line, we have lots of ideas we think will be cool.

3. I don’t think you will see Alien or Predator in 2010. I think Fox and DST would like to take a little time to see what will happen with both new movies before we look at a deal.

Kevin Stillman

Any chance of seeing Blink as a mini-mate? She’s had her own mini-series and is more-or-less the main character in Exiles! So c’mon…pretty please?

DSTChuck: Its possible! If you told me and Digger all those years ago this would go along for over 30 waves we’d have fallen off our bar stools. Heck our focus back then was picking characters that would sell and get as many of the top characters out there as we could.

Brent Blough

Would you consider doing 4-packs to fill out existing teams(i.e. ’90’s X-men, Avengers, Ultimates, etc.) as opposed to current comic story lines? Not that I don’t enjoy all the Marvel minimate offerings you put out. :)

DSTChuck: The four packs for Marvel are pretty new to the line as a consistent release. For now I think we like the direction they are taking as a way to fill out the line but you never know.

Zach Destefano

Hello, my name is Zach DeStefano and I am a 13 year old boy who loves Minimates. I have over 200 Minimates. I collect Marvel Minimates, DC Minimates, Terminator Minimates, western movie Minimates, and Star Trek Minimates. But never have I seen Star Wars Minimates! I think your company should start to make Star Wars Minimates. I have not met one person who is not a Star Wars fan. People will love it. All you have to do is make the main characters such as Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Gin, The Emperor, Mace Windu, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewie, and maybe even a Storm Trooper or a Clone Trooper. Please get back to me as soon as possible and let me know if it is a good idea. Trust me, many people would buy Star Wars Minimates. Sincerely, Zach DeStefano

DSTChuck: Zach, we’re glad to make you part of our Minimate family, sounds like you have quite a collection going, but I regret that while we’d love to do SW MM they are not available to us at this time. At DST we never say never! You should definitely give Ghostbusters and Battlestar Galactica Minimates a shot though!

Danny Mills

Dear Matt and Chuck, I read with interest your reply in Q&A #44 regarding a Minimate guide book and how it would have to be contained in your blog because you guys don’t have time to do it justice. I have been writing about (and taking pictures of) Minimates for nearly 6 years now as webmaster of the popular review site Minimates Central. Writing an “ultimate guide” for Minimates has been a dream of mine almost since I started the website. I know you have a complement of very dedicated staff - which comes across very strongly in the blogs - but if you ever get further with your plans for something like this and need to outsource it, I would love to give it a go. My vision would be a book similar to the ones that JE Alvarez did for the Transformers. Each wave would get an introductory page or two with some choice tidbits from yourselves in regards to why characters were chosen etc, and then have some high quality pictures of the Minimates, packaging and accessories. To create something of this scale that was endorsed by DST would be a real honor, but I expect it’s not quite what you actually had in mind when you answered the question. Thanks for your time, Danny Mills Webmaster http://www.minimatescentral.com

DSTChuck: It seems like a great project, I wonder if Minimates are at the point now that something like that could be viable. It’s going to be a bit of an undertaking to get all the lines on the web so maybe we’ll see after that — thanks so much for your offer. The folks at DST love all the fan-run sites that are out there in support of Minimates and the service they provide to collectors.

James Ciminelli

You know the Dark Avengers #2 pack what accessories - do they come with like weapons or helmets

DSTChuck: Ares includes his helmet, sword and axe. Daken also includes a removable mask and mohawk. Does that answer your question?

Ken Raining

Hey guys, I usually refrain from those “have you considered this” type queries, but since you guys are now seemingly cherry-picking from my personal top ten most wanted list (six coming out this year, plus a seventh, Spider-Girl, that would have moved on to the list if you’d give me a moment to breathe), I seem to have some sort of secret pull over there. So anyway, have you guys ever considered a Squadron Supreme box set? I don’t mean for mass retail, but I think it would make a dandy exclusive set. They are characters that are popular enough to deserve the Minimates treatment, but tangential enough to the Marvel Universe that those that always grouse about exclusives can pass if they have to. And they are cool characters, with some great looks, and it would be a nice little wink to those of us that want more DC Minimates. Not to mention that you’d be the first ones to make the Squadron into plastic! So howsabout it? Can it at least be on the table for SDCC 2010? Thanks for all your hard work guys!!

DSTChuck: Sorry we’ll try to stay out of your head from now on! Now I’m thinking of a number between 1 and 10… If you guess it we’ll do the next on your wish list.

James Ciminelli

I think Minimates are the best toys! I’ve been buying them for the longest time. Are you going to keep going on with Marvel? in other words will there be a wave 31, 32 and so on. Thank you James Ciminelli

DSTChuck: James — thanks for your kind words and support, we love these little folks too. If I were to be completely honest with you, I could never have imagined 30 completely new series of these guys when we started. We’ve been truly blessed to have such a deep license as well as support from retailers and most of all fans. There have been some rough spots along the way but its working…we’ll keep doing these as long as Marvel lets us and you fans buy them. We had Series 31 and 32 on display in San Diego and we’re hard at work prepping next year’s Minimates!

Doug Wolford

Do you plan on rereleasing Iron Spider-Man with back claws? Or do I have to go dismember a larger Iron Spidey figure? :P

DSTChuck: Sorry Doug I do not see us re-releasing that figure.

Dave M

These Ghostbusters Minimates are amazing! Right up there with the Clint Eastwood ‘mates for the level of detail and spot-on likenesses. Two questions:

1. Is the Ray in the second 4-pack also going to include the first hairpiece we saw, with the goggles? The more recent promo shots have him with plain hair instead.

2. Now that you have this great Slimer sculpt, any discussion at DST of making a Doop for the Marvel line? Think how great he’d look next to the New X-Men Wolverine ‘mate — you know you want to! Cheers.

DSTChuck: Glad you like the line so much, its been a complete blast to work on. We’ve wanted to work on Ghost Busters for SO long. The TRU wave 2 Ray will come with goggles as an accessory but I’m not sure about the hair. Honestly though I have to say Doop has never come up in our line plan discussions, sorry.

Super Spider Piggy

Is it possible you could make Minimates of aliens based on documented encounters? They’d be awesome! And no licensing fees! And the possibilities are infinite! You could have the Hopskinville Goblins, The Insectoids, Greys, Reptilians, The Pascagoula alien, the Alabama Tin Foil Alien etc.! Thank you! Super Spider Piggy SSPig Productions

DSTChuck: Do you mean like the Roswell alien? Sorry no we’ve never looked at that. I know back in X-Files and the like were super popular some of those items sold pretty well but I have not seen much of a market for it for sometime now.

Joshua Hesselgrave

Hi again. In the last Q&A, the first question asked was about the availability of waves 25 & 26. Wave 26 seems to be showing up now, but 25 seems to have disappeared. It hasn’t been that long since it was released, but sets of these have basically disappeared from all major sellers of Minimates. I know that both Toyrocket and Cornerstorecomics have been unable to fill all of their pre-orders. AFX sold out of their pre-orders and never actually had any in-stock. These showed as pre-order for a long time on the DST site, but quickly went to out of stock. Even eBay isn’t showing much. Because I pre-ordered from somewhere that hasn’t filled their orders yet, I say all of this to ask if there’s more that haven’t shipped yet or was this just a wave that everyone wanted? Since I can’t get an answer from the e-tailer I ordered from, I’d just like to know if I need to be worried I won’t be getting what I ordered. Thanks again.-Joshua

DSTChuck: Joshua, I wish I had better news for you, but we’ve shipped all the orders we had for wave 25. We did not short produce them or anything like that. We produced to order with a decent amount of over stock. Only thing I can think is retailers underestimated demand for this wave or pre-orders from customers were low and they adjusted their orders accordingly. As for the DST store we generally order VERY few extra sets, we base it on our pre-orders, since the idea is most customers will support their favorite retailer.

Doug Wolford

Do you plan on releasing a Spider-Man minimate with web patterns on top of his head, on top of the chest block, and on the hands on feet like the one featured on recent packaging?

DSTChuck: Putting all the tampos we do on a Miniamte is a very slow and expensive process for the factory, so I don’t see us adding more applications to Spider-Man any time soon. I do however hope you enjoy the Spidey you have…

Brandon Arnold

How was Storm left out of the Secret Wars box set, when she was the top vote-getter on your site poll? Will she be available in the future?

DSTChuck: Overall when you combined with the TRU poll Storm was not in the top 4 spots. I do think it’s a very cool figure and we’ll find a way to get it done for sure, but she’s not as integral to the series as some other characters were.

Forrest Sprague

Hey DST, I’m currently looking for a Back to the Future 1 box set, but I can seem to find any. All the ones on eBay always go up to 40-50$. Why are they so rare/valuable? Do you know of any place to still get them? Could you produce more of them? Thanks!

DSTChuck: The BTTF 1 box set is sold out from DST and has been for sometime. The second and third sets stayed in inventory for some time but the first set blew out. From time to time we have looked at ways of getting some of that back into circulation but nothing is planned at this time, sorry.

Antonio Monge

Sorry if this has been ask before I wanted to know if DST and Art Asylum have ever thought about a build-a-mate feature! My idea for the concept would be an option on one of your sites or the new minimates.com you’ve mentioned there would be a blank minimate with separate parts sections you could choose hands, weapons, feet etc. and there could be options to customize your own parts(to a certain extent) like a stylus option ware you can draw your own faces or chest well thanks for listening hoped my idea helped(unless you’ve already thought of this (which you probably have)

DSTChuck: If you are referring to a game function on the new web site… YES that’s something that we have discussed and as our developers get more time, it’s something they will look at. If you mean as extra parts you might get when you buy a MM to make a larger one, no that’s not something we would consider. Minimates have always been and will always be just one size (Yes I know about LOTR and DC..but that’s another story for another day)

Randy Rhodes

I saw in the Toyfare magazine the article about the Ghostbusters toys coming soon. They said the exclusive Ghostbusters video game will come with Minimates from the game. I looked at the game on Amazon.com. It had everything listed in the article except the minimates. Have the minimates been dropped from the exclusive game or just not ready to be shipped yet? Thanks

DSTChuck: There were complications with the Amazon order but you will now be able to get them from your favorite retailers starting with the DST booth at SDCC. They will also be available in comic book stores this fall.

Andrew Jones

For Marvel Minimates Q&A: The proto pics of Angel from Marvel Minimates Series 31 show him with white boots — is there time to correct this to the Neal Adams-era blue boots? We already have a blue Angel body with white boots from Series 19. Here’s a pic of the Angel I’m talking about: http://uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/arch...bigcostume4.jpg Cheers, Andrew

DSTChuck: The 31st series is not in production yet so I can’t say for sure. What I can tell is no one has up until now discussed making that change.

Jillian Hicks

Today I purchased Ghosterbusters Minimates Slimed Peter Venkman and Clear Slimer. The box shows Slimer with food in his stomach. I was disappointed to find that the Slimer minimate did not contain food as was advertised on the box and other websites I’ve searched. Is this a flaw in the production of the figure or a flaw in advertising? Please know that I have enjoyed and been very impressed with all the other new Ghostbuster minimates thus far. I look forward to correspondence in regard to this issue.

DSTChuck: Yea I saw that too when my samples came in. The food was super cool but the factory told us with cost and the speed we needed these in, it was not possible to get that extra application done — now it just gives me an option for a later issue Slimer..

Joshua Hesselgrave

Hi again and thanks for all the info you supplied at SDCC. After seeing the images of the Stay Puft bank with Minimates on display at the con, I wondered if you’ve considered doing a large size Minimate bank before. I know that the Maximates produced before didn’t succeed, but I’m sure with the material used in the banks being a lower cost to use they would be much more realistic and an easier sell. Even if it was a generic, blank Minimate (or even with the DST logo on it) I could see these doing well (even if it was a con exclusive). Is that something that’s been considered at all? Thanks again.

DSTChuck: We looked ate every possible way to make Galactus and such in different materials but there is simply no way -resin was the only possibility. IF there is some other license like GB that works with a larger figure and the license allows it, we will consider it.

Luke Porter

Congratulations on securing the Battle Beasts license! Will you be doing all new designs, or will you be re-making some of the classic figures too? Will these all have the basic minimate body underneath their extra parts? Also, are you planning any vehicles or playsets? Thanks for answering our questions!

DSTChuck: Luke I am glad you’re excited! We are too, but it’s too early for some of your questions. Right now the only thing for sure, is the playset will have the Battle Beast you saw at SDCC. Underneath all that YES there remains the same core body that is under all MM.

Sylvain Heyser

Hello Chuck, Please pardon my English. I’m a French people living in New-Caledonia so I guess you will understand me better in bad English than in French. After this great SDCC I finally have my answer at the future of Battle Beast question. But now more and more questions come to my mind. I won’t ask them all to you or you will be afraid and run away quickly. So I will just ask you two things. Can you let us know when do you expect a release of the Battle Beasts Minimates ? Should we wait for the next Con to have more news about this new line or will you published more info in the next months ? I can’t wait to see more figures and to be able to take them in hands. Lastly I would like to let you know that I have plenty of pics or scans from my collection about the old line. Some years ago a Hasbro employee ask me documents and information’s through a American friend. I still have all the scans and pics I did for him and can provide them to you. Those are mainly Japanese and American stuff but include French, Spanish, Italian, Greek, etc. I can also provide you with any information you may need as I collect the old line since its release in France (1987). If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask. I will be more than happy to help at the return of my forever favorite toy line. Keep the good stuff coming - Sylvain Heyser

DSTChuck: Thanks so much for using English, command of that language is hard enough for me, I can’t imagine the struggles I’d have with a foreign language. For right now our plans for Battle Beast are in the very early stages so all I can tell you is the playset will include a Battle Beast and it will be in stores this year. IF all goes according to plan we’ll show some stuff to retailers at the October Toy Show in Dallas (that’s closed to fans and press) and we’ll have a growth and idea of the line after that for say February Toy Fair in NY. Product of some sort would then be on sale at SDCC in 2010. Thanks so much for your offer, we might just take you up on it and I’m so glad we can bring your favorite toy line back to life.

Johnny Walker

I was very disappointed to see the four characters chosen for the upcoming Secret Wars minimates four pack. According to the poll here on your site, Storm was the top vote getter, and yet she’s not in the set. I understand that there was another poll running on the Toys R Us website, but I still think that the Mohawk Storm earned her place in the pack. Why wasn’t she included?

DSTChuck: I am sorry you do not like the final pack, it seems to be what most fans voted for and I think when combined with the two-pack makes for a pretty good glimpse of the series. Storm will make a great figure some day but I guess most of the fans decided she did not belong in the box set.

Enzo De Palma

Are there any plans to make Lost minimates? Because that would be awesome.

DSTChuck: There were Lost Kubricks and for now DST has no plans to make Minimates.

Dabid Kuhrt

I was thrilled and overjoyed to see some great new Marvel Minimates at San Diego Comic-Con, including popular characters from X-Force, eXcalibur, and Peter David’s modern X-Factor. However, it makes my heart a little sad that we only saw a few representatives from each team. Is it likely that we’ll see additional members of the teams released, if not in two-packs, then as four-pack teams? All 4 teams are more popular and classic than the recent Thunderbolts set released, and include some of the most long-standing Marvel mutant characters that have not yet received Minimates. Strong Guy, Siryn, Rictor, Layla Miller, Shatterstar, Elixir, and a new Nightcrawler would all be welcome additions to the Minimates line. Wolfsbane in particular would make a great Minimate, as she has been a member of all 3 teams! Is there any hope for seeing these in the near future?

DSTChuck: Honestly I don’t know if we can promise to fill every team we pull a figure from. I will tell you in my wildest dreams I never saw this line going on this long so maybe we can keep going all the way to series 50 or when I’ve run out of Spider-Men to do. I don’t want to disparage the teams you picked because I like them too but for current story line and importance to the Marvel Universe as a whole I don’t see how you can beat Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts.

Kyle Osterhoudt

Hello I was wondering if there will be minimates made based off of Grant Morrison’s run of “New X-Men” such as Xorn, Fantomex, and some Weapon Plus creations?

DSTChuck: We did some bust a few years back based on those outfits but I don’t see us doing any Minimates — but never say never.

Adam King:

Greetings & salutations!

First, allow me to congratulate you on a job well done with your extremely exciting line of “Ghostbusters” MiniMates! I am 29 years old and have been a fan of the franchise (especially the original film) since I was 4 in 1984! I can’t remember NOT being a fan! Lol! So, here I am - all these years later - feeling like a kid again because I FINALLY have the likenesses of my all-time favorite ragtag team of “slimefighters”! I have no complaints to speak of, but certainly a few questions (or wishes, as the case may be) for further mini-figures from this line. Hopefully, I’m not the only one who has requested the following, so that maybe your ears are perked to the fan-base’s wants. :)

1.) Will you be further expanding the line of figures with other characters and/or variants? Like “Marshmallow-covered”… Or “Pink Slime” covered, like in the second film? How about Ray, Egon, & Winston in their long-johns and thermal underwear covered in Pink Slime?? Let’s not forget what REALLY made the second movie memorable: Jhanoz Poha (don’t know if I spelled that right), the quirky foreigner from the art gallery!! And of course, Viggo the Carpathian! Will we see these characters as well? How about Ray, Egon, and Winston in their yellow hardhats and slicker clothing from when they went down into the subway system?? Or the ghosts from the courtroom scene, the Scollari Brothers? Maybe included with the mean old Judge?? Also, as long as you did the “Courtroom Peter Venkman” figure, will you be doing Ray and Egon to match?? And maybe a couple more of the lovable Louis Tully, possibly in a suit? And let’s not forget Janine Melnitz, the secretary! As you can see, I could go on and on! Lol! You could hire me JUST for the creative ideas! Haha!

2.) We, the fans, NEED an ECTO-1 vehicle to scale with our Ghostbusters MiniMates!! We CRAVE it now!! Please tell me you’re going to come out with one?? Even if it was a “building blocks” type of vehicle, like DC did with their MiniMates and vehicles/playsets! I know the economy sucks now, and making this might seem costly, but trust me… IT WILL SELL like hotcakes!! Please consider it!!

Keep up the amazing work!! We love you guys! Please let me know if any of these things are a possibility in the near future since you’re on such a role with this line?

DSTChuck: Greetings Adam, WOW you’ve got a ton of questions for a first timer! Wow you were only 4 in 1984 - that makes me feel more then a little old.

I’ve been on record as saying we don’t want to overstay our welcome with this line but I think we’re pretty committed to a third wave at least. With that we’ll do the best we can to complete sets and get to characters we may have missed with the first round of product.

Right now we do not have the rights to produce a large sized (like the Delorian) toy of the Ecto 1, but its something we’d love to do in the future.

I'm not happy with the Iron or Classic Spidey =/

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Aliens or Predator minimates in 2010 because Fox & DST want to see what happens with the new movies??

what new aliens and predator movies???

we want minimates from the early/good aliens and predator movies not the new/crappy ones they keep making.

:down:

theres gonna be an alien prequel and a predator sequel

I don't *need* to pimp the URL - Number 1 on Google remember :D

I had a spam email the other day which was saying "your site could benefit from being on the first page of Google, you'd get more hits!". I was thinking "Way to not check anything - I am!"

Seriously, I'd be all over writing that guidebook.

Chuck *makes annoying "phone now" gesture as used by so many X-Factor contestants* call me!!!

IT seems it works in Firefox but not IE...

DST are aware of the issue and are looking into it!

T.

They just know good when they see it. :)

And it's fixed! ( just like the secret wars polls!)

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Not Minimate-related, but this Q&A still makes an interesting read...

There's some stuff here about current/past licenses, the possibility of DST acquiring the licenses of Xevoz or some HBO series (sure, in this lifetime :rolleyes:) and Marvel Select.

For those of you who specialize in the latter, this cryptic comment from DSTChuck popped up (emphasis mine):

Paul Rogus:

Dear DST Chuck -

Great to see you at SDCC! So any chance we’ll see a Ch’od variant of the awesome Abomination? I can’t think of any others that make sense. And please leak us sore loser Marvel Legends fans some news of some more awesome Marvel Selects! Would love to see comic book versions of the Iron Monger, classic Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo! Classic Ultron at the gates of Avengers mansion with a demolished Vision would sell, sell, sell. Of Course Lockjaw with Medusa or Crystal could work now that Lockjaw had a mini series. Keep making great stuff. Thanks Diamond Select!!

DSTChuck: Right now we have no variant plans for Abominaton - as for what’s next? I think there is some sort of movie coming up that just cries for some 7″ scale figures! Something about a guy who dies while swimming?

Call me crazy, but does it looks like

we might DEFINITELY be seeing a Deadpool movie in the future

?

.... the possibility of DST acquiring the licenses of ... some HBO series (sure, in this lifetime :rolleyes:)

Well, as Chuck would say, never say never.

All I was asking/saying is that True Blood is hot and if there was ever a great series of HBO mates to make, this would be it. They are already starting to market True Blood merch (mugs, shirts, even the Tru Blood Beverage), and what company would be better to make collectibles for it then DST? Vampires are in at the moment, and I hope DST jumps at the opportunity.

Personally I'd prefer Carnivale and Rome myself... and maybe Angels in America too.

Band of Brothers, Generation Kill and Deadwood might work, but we've already got soldier and cowboy mates.

I've never actually watched True Blood, but I'm concerned about the "civviemate" factor in these. Though I'm all for an Ana Paquin minimate :P The same goes for The Sopranos, though maybe we should wait and see how the Godfather mates do first.

Wait a minute... what series have HBO done in the past?

Oh my gosh. This whole list brings back memories.

Sex and the City... eh.

Curb Your Enthusiasm? Entourage? Again, too "civvie" for my tastes.

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!!! :D (Yeah... a Bret/Jermaine two-pack would work great!)

Six Feet Under? I'd like it, but it might not sell. Undertaker boxset, for the love of gravy. (Though if the set had a coffin accessory...)

Whoa, I forgot Chris Rock, Ali G and Ricky Gervais all had shows on HBO.

Spawn the animated series? Wait, that doesn't count.

Remember the Mythbusters motto: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. :P

And Dinobot, I wasn't ripping on Xevoz (and HBO minimates for that matter), it's just that given DST's success rate nowadays we might be more likely to see DC mates resurrected this Tuesday than for them to happen. :(

And Dinobot, I wasn't ripping on Xevoz (and HBO minimates for that matter), it's just that given DST's success rate nowadays we might be more likely to see DC mates resurrected this Tuesday than for them to happen. :(

Oh I agree entirely. I wasn't activly thinking it could happen. Just wishing.

True Blood Minimates would rock!

Wow, I honestly did not think that someone else would agree. Thanks dude. I think that True Blood is more of a geek show (ala stargate, BSG, Lost) when compared to other HBO shows. In that they have a fanbase who would wear 'One Drop of V is all you need' and 'I Heart Bill' shirts and even pay boatloads for the Tru Blood beverage because they are so passionate about the fiction (story) of the show. Oh, and the books as well.

Why mates and not 7" figures? Well, Most of the people I talk about True Blood with are girls, and I have only met girls who have read the books. Mates are a little more cute then action figures, which would appeal to the girl demographic a little more. Drop them in music and book stores and you may have a good chance of selling them well.

I would rather see DST do True Blood then that crappy Bif Bam Pow or whatever they are called. Their lost figures don't look so great.

That all said, if we ever (cause never say never) see True Blood mates, I need a Lafayette. I would quote something from him, but I hear this place should be more of a family board :)

Any other fans thinking of a quick Maryann Forrester custom using Admiral Cain?

Hey I thought Xevoz was a great line. And a line of articulated mix 'n match figs that fit Xevoz joints called Zovex would be cool. :P But I am probably alone in this.

I liked Xevoz quite a bit myself. Unfortunately I only started picking them up about two minutes before the line died.

I don't watch much HBO, but I'd definitely be up for more WW2 and cowboy minimates.

• 2 weeks later...
New Minimates Q&A posted here. :)

Oh my god, Luke your customs are real! :blink:

Richard Sales

Just got into collecting minimates - seen a picture on-line of the exclusive psycho set. Are these available to purchase from anywhere ( i do realize these were an limited edition set - but it’s my favorite film!)? Thanks - Richard.

Little bit of hope for Songbird/Swordsman fans in this one though.

Nope, still hoping. :P There's still the odds of at least one of them seeing Minimateization.

Do you think Chuck will crack and finally tell us the real news regarding DC 'mates? Let's keep hammering him with the same question over and over again. :lol:

I say we hold Georg Brewer ransom until he brings DC minimates back at all costs. And give him a deadline before we feed him to a Nile crocodile.