UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deja vu?

No disrespect, but I hope you're wrong MOC. You were the first to declare this line dead before (with T2 also) and you are the first again. I understand you don't like them, but maybe they just needed the right marketing to survive. I'd like to think DST has had some time to rethink how these are done and have changed strategies.

You know what's funny? Three months ago, I would have been jumping up and down about a potential BSG announcement. Now, after the show has been laid to rest for a few months? I'm kind of indifferent. It would be great to fill out the cylons, but some of the initial heartbreak has faded.

Wow, that is exactly how I feel about this.

I think if I lived in the states I would be a lot more excited because then it would be more like a hunt. But because I live North of the border I feel like this is an even bigger kick in the pants. It's like, "hey guys, great news! The line is not dead!!!...... but you can only get them in one country, in one chain of stores, so good luck." Those damn FYE packs were hard enough to get and I just got lucky one day.

I collected three of each set before but now that I will have to find some way of getting someone else to find these sets for me, the extra costs of shipping, no chance of getting the cardboard box they were shipped in (I also collect those), gas wasted on extra trips to the states hoping some stores will have a full set in stock, etc. This is starting to feel more like a burden then anything else because I feel a 'need' to complete this line of figures.

Still, as much as I complain (even in the past) I am very happy to see this line come back from the dead. Also, I sure am glad there is this place where I have some friends who would help me out with these.

Damn Plastic Crack!

deja vu?

No disrespect, but I hope you're wrong MOC. You were the first to declare this line dead before (with T2 also) and you are the first again. I understand you don't like them, but maybe they just needed the right marketing to survive. I'd like to think DST has had some time to rethink how these are done and have changed strategies.

no disrespect taken...i will admit my first post you linked...things were REALLY bad at work and I was in a state of panic about the economy...now nothing has really gotten better (where I work at least)... and today's post...well when i hear tear the internet in half...I naturally expect something earth shattering...BSG is not earth shattering in my opinion.

Now as far as BSG minimates. I am really happy for the people that love this line. I really hope you guys support it and keep it going.

moc847

The new Q&A is up. I am going to gamble and sell my MS Black Cats. I may regret it, but I could always get 2 reissues, seeing as how they should probably be in the next wave. Possibly Black Widow also. What do yall think. I ned opinions.

You should sell them. I expect them to come out again some time.

And it's not like Black Cat's that cool anyway.

I sold them a month ago. Loose for $30, MOSC for $88. I open my email this morning. What's this? Oh, my radical newsletter. OH! And Black Cat is getting reissued in Nov for $19.95 MSRP along with Doom and Thanos.

BOO YEAH!

:banana:

From yesterday's blog:

Where does this lead the Mini-Flyer line now? Will the Mini-Flyers take their place amongst the various Minimate brand as a staples category? Will there be other Minimates licenses which will have a Mini-Flyer or Mini-Racer joining their ranks? Well let’s say the Minimates adventure is just beginning and as with all things, we hope you will be pleasantly surprised.

Oh please, please, please, let them be able to make Marvel vehicels now!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted a question regarding the logic of frustrating fans with a 1 per case "chase" store exclusive pack. I fully expect that it won't get answered, but would genuinely like to know.

Edited by karamazov80

Much of it seems to be more of the same, but the idea of a Minimate collector's guide just tickles me pink. I would love seeing an official guide, though for me Ivan's Database will always be the best. :)

The line about having the Amazon Ghostbusters mates getting shipped from Hong Kong to the US though has become sickeningly ironic for me, seeing as I still experience trouble finding Minimates locally when Hong Kong is even closer to where I live than the US. (Heck, even my grandparents live farther away from us than Hong Kong :blink:)

I have to admit my dream project is a Minimates guidebook, similar to the Transformers Generations books, A4 sized with lovely big photos and facts about each release.

I would love to do something like that!

• 1 month later...

No Aliens or Predator minimates in 2010 because Fox & DST want to see what happens with the new movies??

what new aliens and predator movies???

we want minimates from the early/good aliens and predator movies not the new/crappy ones they keep making.

:down: