UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Vintage Original Trilogy 2006 mail in

Rad

Dunno about other fans but I'm pretty underwhelmed by this years VOTC offering. The Luke x-wing and the biker scout are great but the Tusken Raider, Han Endor (last years Han Votc in a nice coat) and greedo are nothing new and don't really do the line any justice at all.

Even more annoying, and probably more so for mint on card collectors is the mail in figure offer. You had to buy all five of this years figures and send in little stickers as proof of purchase for an exclusive George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise.

Now seeing as it's the VOTC mail in figure you'd expect it to be the VOTC stormtrooper body from last year. Which, in my opinion is one of the best SW figures produced in the modern range. But no, Unca George's noggin has been stuck on the frankly lacklustre body of the commtech Stormtrooper from a few years back!

Anyone else think this is pretty poor on Hasbro's part? Sure, most people will keep theirs on the card in the hope of a retirement fund but all the same...

I totally agree. Even the Sandtrooper in the basic figure assortment has the VOTC articulated body. Its just cheap on Hasbro's part.