UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Customs by Fujis

Here is my revamped Invincible (finally!)

I'm not too happy with the way the chest detail turned out. The abs are too dark and the overall look is too detailed. I'll redo it sometime along with Omni-Man.

th_Invincible001.jpg

th_Invincible002.jpg

th_Invincible003.jpg

th_InvincibleGroup.jpg

And I realized that I never posted "armorless" pics of my Reaniman...

th_Reaniman001.jpg

th_Reaniman002.jpg

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, JP! And I'm still using Photoshop, I haven't had a chance to try to install Illustrator yet but I will...

Here's a mock Watchmen Minimates Promo Poster

th_watchmenpromo.jpg

They're paired up the way that I think would be appropriate for release in a wave although I think these would be better suited to a 6-figure box set. That and I couldn't think of who to include as the variant...

DUDE, your designs totally put mine to shame. I need to use your template, I love the thinner lines.

• 2 weeks later...

This one's for you Nervous...PIMP DADDY DESTRO!

th_PimpDaddyDestroMinimate.jpg

I based the custom on this year's SDCC Pimp Daddy Destro and the classic version as well. His collar is a modified and repainted Iron Fist piece, his belt is a repainted Deathstroke belt, the gloves are from a C3 Batman, and the holster is from one of the BSG pilots.

The necklace was created from some small chain purchased from a bead store and the gem is fingernail jewelry...classy, I know. I also made the leopard print fedora but it broke while I was sanding it so I'll fix it up and get some pics posted.

It's funny, I made this custom with the intention of selling it on eBay but I don't think I can - I love it too much. I don't know how you guys who do commissions let go of your creations - it must be tough!

Nice work all around Fujis. The Invincible figures all look great. I've had the trades in my Amazon shopping cart for a long time, but I've never actually gotten any of them... You figures make me want to read the book.

Love the PD-Destro. Nicely done.

This custom has been finished for awhile but I was waiting for his Smith & Wesson Magnum Revolvers to arrive from Brick Arms before I photographed him. Anyway, may I present:

BUZZARD!

th_Buzzard001.jpg

th_buzzard004.jpg

th_buzzard003.jpg

th_Buzzard002.jpg

Buzzard has a removable hat (which has thread attached to it to look like his wispy hair), 2 handguns and a shotgun (not pictured) from Brick Arms, a hand-sewn cloak with a built-in hunchback, and a scratch-built base where he can feast on the flesh of the dead to his hearts content!

Buzzard (reference pic) is from The Goon. I only have the Nothin' But Misery TPB so I don't if he appears any more in the series. And if you haven't already checked out Brick Arms you should. The guns are in the right scale and if you slightly cut down the hand grips they fit really well in Minimate hands.

Beautiful work once again Fujis... I love the Goon. Pick up some of the other trades! You'll like 'em... I actually just ordered the first Invincible HC because of you, bytheway...

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think you'll enjoy Invincible antacost - I'm actually just waiting for the third HC to be released. I'm definitely going to pick up some more Goon TPBs as well.

And speaking of The Goon here's The Goon!

th_Goon_Minimate_by_Fujis.jpg

Goon is a repainted LOTR Minimate with a sculpted cap. I imagine a real Goon Minimate would have hairy arms as well and I tried to paint some hair on but I didn't like the way it looked so I painted over it. I am pretty happy with the way the face turned out though.

Thanks guys! Goon is indeed 2.5". I was going to post a comparison pic but I was running out the door so I didn't have time. Anyway, here's the pic and Frankie should be up next...

th_Goon005.jpg

Buzzard has the shorter feet from the Penguin which is why Goon looks so big.

This one's for you Nervous...PIMP DADDY DESTRO!

th_PimpDaddyDestroMinimate.jpg

hey dude, I just missed this, how dare I :( . It really is perfectly executed, don't think I could/would have done anything different with it...Now I don't have to :biggrin: I can't wait to get my hands on the SDCC exclusive either!

Love The Goon, esp the Jeff Cap...another great Fujis headpiece sculpt!

ps. the hood is painted, just waiting to finish the decal. pretty pumped at how its looking

Thanks Nervous, that means a lot coming from the resident G.I. Joe expert! But I hope you'll still make one as well. I cheated a little by modifying an Iron Fist chest piece which is closer to the original PD Destro's collar than the SDCC version - which I can't wait to snag as well.

And I can't wait to see how the mask looks painted!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's Frankie and his inflatable Chicken from The Goon: Nothin' But Misery

th_Frankie_minimate_by_Fujis.jpg

th_FranikeandChicken_by_Fujis.jpg

th_FrankienTheGoon_Minimates.jpg

Frankie is a repainted 2" Minimate and his hat is sculpted from Milliput. The inflatable chicken is made fromtwo styrofoam balls covered with Milliput and painted. His legs are 2.5" Minimate feet with sculpted toes and legs. I've got one more character to make and then that'll make one sweet Goon box set!

And here's my latest custom: ANGEL!

th_AngelMinimatebyFujis.jpg

th_AngelMinimate03byFujis.jpg

th_AngelMinimates02byFujis.jpg

Angel is a repainted 2" Minimate. His wings come from a Super Hero Squad Angel (I think it was Nervous who did it first) and his face comes from an Iron Fist Minimate. His mask/hairpiece is a combination of the top of Aquaman's hair and Bullseye's mask with the face cut out and inverted. I added some Milliput to smooth the two pieces together.

I love this Minimate but unfortunately I love having a roof over my head as well (and I'm thinking about bidding on the Javelin prototype) so I've listed him on eBay.

Click here to see the auction.