UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Customs by Fujis

Great to see your work again Fujis! Just between us... I voted for Dark Claw during the Amalgam contest. Why it didn't win still baffles me. Amazing SCUD minimate. Can you divulge (at least a few hints) of what you currently have in the works?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's nice of you to say MM although I know exactly why my Darkclaw lost - I simply copied an existing character whereas the winners (all 3 of which I voted for - great job guys!) created new and visually impressive characters. I was disappointed but it was an awesome contest with so many creative designs!

As for what I've got on the go: Lobster Johnson, Captain Planet, Battle-Armor He-Man, Falcon, a Battle Beast character, and one more that I'd like to keep secret until it's revealed. It's not that big of a deal (it's a character that's been customized before) but I'm pretty excited by how its shaping up.

Thanks as always for the feedback guys!

I really like Dark Claw (may bid on it! ;)), but SCUD looks great! You should make SOL to go with him. And can't wait to see Lobster Johnson!

And if it makes you fell any better, Dark Claw was only one vote away from 3rd place.

Finished SCUD although I'm not too happy with how he turned out. After priming I sprayed him with a Testor's yellow to speed things up but then had difficulty color-matching with my Citadel paints. I had some issues with the clear-cote and the detail on the back (which looks much better in person) was a hassle to paint - might be time to start using decals!

th_100_4050.jpgth_100_4054.jpgth_100_4051.jpg

I was going to list him on eBay but due to the color problems I'm hoping to trade him for a Lockjaw Minimate instead for another custom I have planned. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Edited by Fujis

I had some issues with the clear-cote and the detail on the back (which looks much better in person) was a hassle to paint - might be time to start using decals!

I think he looks great Fujis, but I understand your situation since I just started using decals this weekend.

Cameras sometime reveal too many details, and it makes you more critical of it when looking at a static picture than you do when you look at it in person. ;)

That's a very nice minimate Fujis, but... what the hell is he?

On another note, CAPTAIN PLANET! HELL YEAH! Perhaps you can customize the coach from the AIDS episode who wanted to be Samuel Leroy Mother F***ing Jackson. (if you haven't seen that episode, this is the kind of guy who doesn't have an inside voice. It's like: "Coach, my mama just died." "AW I'M SO SORRY! WOULD YOU LIKE A HUG!?" It was honestly hilarious. You can find clips o thee Nostalgia Critic's review of Captain Planet.)

That's a very nice minimate Fujis, but... what the hell is he?

You've never heard of SCUD: The Disposable Assassin?! You can check out the website and I highly recommend picking up 'The Whole Shebang' which is a collection of the whole series. It's wild!

My friends are having a house-warming party today and I made this as a gift for them. The base reads 'May your home always be warm' and there is a clear plastic container that covers the diorama as well.

th_100_4060.jpgth_100_4061.jpgth_100_4058.jpgth_100_4059.jpg

Happy Canada Day!

That's cool. I've got an artist friend that that would be cool to do for, but he does a lot of nudes and that would be pretty awkward.

Are you sure he's really an artist, Bro?? That's a pretty good excuse to get people in his studio/house/basement & have them be naked. :P

"Oh, it's OK. Really. I'm an artist." Riiiiight.

• 1 year later...

Here are some relatively quick customs I made for the cast of the show I'm currently doing. I wish I had more time to paint the faces but I'm happy with how they turned out. Thanks MINI-MYTE and Punisher for helping me out with the cowboy boots (although I'm still waiting on one pair to finish 'Eddie').

th_431339_10151337148985411_617370410_23062072_918418706_n.jpg

th_416795_10151337154145411_617370410_23062089_1332596004_n.jpg

th_431293_10151337152345411_617370410_23062086_1494672291_n.jpg

th_423574_10151337153255411_617370410_23062087_2071331055_n.jpg

Incidentally, the show is 'Fool For Love' and we close in Edmonton on Sunday and then go to Calgary for a 10-day run. Here are some links if anyone's interested: Shadow Theatre, Sage Theatre

Thanks guys! And if you google the show, the reviews should come up with a few more pics.

Here's me, Jamie, and Shaun (from CBC's Heartland) in a promo pic for the show:

th_Arts-FoolforLove511.jpg

Edited by Fujis

• 5 months later...

Thanks boyd!

And here's the first of three customs I'm making from Black Lotus Empire - the "Black Lotus" Light Combat Uniform! I'm hoping to have Sparrow and the General completed before the campaign ends.

th_48bfd843d5df60fa79acf80fa2d80daf_large.jpgth_574564_10152051113875411_2107117663_n.jpg

I had a TERRIBLE can of Citadel white primer laying around and I was out of my usual Tamiya Grey so I'm a little disappointed with how texturized his arms look. On the bright side, making the rifle was a lot of fun! It's two axes, a lego Trident, and about four Halo guns all cobbled together with some green stuff for good measure.