UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Customs by Fujis

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is bad form to resell the thing without giving the creator a mention. While I can understand that sometimes things come up and one has to part with their collection, and I'm sure its possible to forget exactly where every part of your collection comes from, it is still pretty wrong to sell the thing without trying to get a name to give credit where credit is due.

Why? While perhaps not ethical, he's not doing anything WRONG that could get him reported. Even if he claims it as his own creation, who's to say it isn't (even though it isn't)? It's your word against his. Just lat him take his money and run, and just know not to sell to him again. I've had this happen to me a few times, and while it might piss you off (or even hurt) there's little you can do about it.

th_AngelMinimatebyFujis.jpg

A few months ago I made and sold a custom Angel Minimate on eBay and I saw today that the buyer is turning around and reselling it. I'm not sure how I feel about it - it's a situation that's been mentioned before around the forum but it's never affected me directly - until now that is.

Reselling it isn't such a big deal I suppose but it would have been nice to get a mention in the item description as the person who made it.

Fujis - are you sure its yours and not a knockoff he did? The one for sale doesn't look nearly as clean as the one in your pic above. (If it is yours, don't take that the wrong way.... :D I'm saying I really like the one you have pictured here.)

No, it's mine alright - he even used the same pictures that I had in the first auction (although his are much smaller).

I'm not mad that this guy is selling it, he owns it and can do what he likes, but for him to take credit for it?! That pisses me off especially since the guy is a member here.

A small consolation in this whole thing is that he sold it for just over $16 and paid over $50 IIRC.

Anyway, I was in a show in this year's Vancouver International Fringe Festival called "Get Off the Cross, Mary!" and I made custom Minimates of members of the cast and crew as opening night gifts.

th_GOTCM003.jpg

Yup, it was a puppet show!

Nice work there, though the guy with the camo pants seems somewhat out of place with no visible puppet. Is there such a thing as a puppet show roadie?

That's the stage manager. I thought about giving him some kind of accessory but I ran out of time!

oh man, here come the nightmares

puppets really really scare the crap outta me 0.0

even though its a custom made for my favorite figure type

• 4 months later...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated this thread. Anyway, here's a Batman Beyond WIP. The paint job still needs some touching up and then a few clear-coats...

th_batmanbeyond001.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way he's turned out so far. The wings that I primed and painted are all cracked. Does anyone else ever get that with grey primer sometimes? Where the paint won't adhere properly and cracks?

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated this thread. Anyway, here's a Batman Beyond WIP. The paint job still needs some touching up and then a few clear-coats...

th_batmanbeyond001.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way he's turned out so far. The wings that I primed and painted are all cracked. Does anyone else ever get that with grey primer sometimes? Where the paint won't adhere properly and cracks?

woah fujis! looking great! i cant wait to see the final product!

Well, here's the finished Batman Beyond. Not much of a change from the WIP really - I cleaned up some paint lines, tried to make the legs a little less "busy", and clear-coated. I don't like the way the legs turned out and if I ever redo this character I would keep them clean.

th_batmanbeyond.jpg

And here's a shot of Terry with some other Batmen for comparison.

th_batmanbeyond004.jpg

Here are my entries for the Mechacon Custom Contest:

th_MechaconMascots003.jpg

The heads and bodies are fully repainted. Zee's hair (the purple one) is a modified White Queen hair piece and Jet's hair is a heavily modified Chun-Li hair piece. Their shoulder armor is sculpted from Milliput and the cylinders on the armor and on their ankles are pieces cut from DD's batons. I sealed their bodies with a glosscote to emphasize their suits of armor and their heads and hair pieces have been dullcoted.

Here are my entries for the Mechacon Custom Contest:

th_MechaconMascots003.jpg

The heads and bodies are fully repainted. Zee's hair (the purple one) is a modified White Queen hair piece and Jet's hair is a heavily modified Chun-Li hair piece. Their shoulder armor is sculpted from Milliput and the cylinders on the armor and on their ankles are pieces cut from DD's batons. I sealed their bodies with a glosscote to emphasize their suits of armor and their heads and hair pieces have been dullcoted.

Oh my, I think I'm gona die.