UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lost Kubricks

karamazov80

Don't know if this will yield enough interest to warrant it's own thread, but Lost Kubricks were just released in Japan, apparently:

http://instinctoy.blog73.fc2.com/blog-entry-523.html#more

Strange to me that Locke is rarer than Sawyer. I don't really like the variants very much, as figures, but Ben is so awesome. He is absurdly mysterious, and his consistently wacky unpredictability has somehow made him one of the most predictable characters on the show.

Anyway, I'll definitely try to pick up a regular set of these. I'll have to pick up a Jack Bauer so that he and Sayid can torture my Metal Gear terrorists together.

We really need a set of "Wire" Kubs now.

Now on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Medicom-x-abc-stud...1QQcmdZViewItem

Selling the set with 2 variants for 110 bucks more than the basic set.

I guess this seller assumes that Ben Linus won't be as popular as the rarer Star Wars chases (which alone often sell for $100+). . .he is probably very correct :)

Edited by karamazov80

Seeing these confirms for me that the Lost characters would translate perfectly into Minimates. Plus, all the accessories are already made. DST already has knife and gun molds, plus handcuffs and cell phones from the 24 line, plus the guitar from BTTF or Chef Duff.

All they need now is the license :mellow:

I think it might be worth DST's while to seek this one out. Lost seems as, if not more popular than 24, but unlike the 24 sets, you wouldn't have to include a "Jack" with every set. There are so many relevant characters that have distinctive looks and that people recognize, that I think the line could stay fresh and could keep casual collectors' interest pretty well. To add on to what Jad says, this line wouldn't require much retooling, either (unless DST just wanted to get fancy), which would cut down on costs. It seems like emo-Spidey's hair was made for Charlie. Though it would be nice to finally see a Mini-baby for Claire.

Also, 2.5 inch polar bear!!

YES! I would absolutely buy any and all Lost minimates. I'd probably buy multiple sets, to pass some along to people interested in the show but who don't know about minimates. Is there anyway to let DST know that there is interest in this license, or do we just cross our fingers and hope for it?

YES! I would absolutely buy any and all Lost minimates. I'd probably buy multiple sets, to pass some along to people interested in the show but who don't know about minimates. Is there anyway to let DST know that there is interest in this license, or do we just cross our fingers and hope for it?

Perhaps I am a tad cynical but let DST know ,cross your fingers & wait for the Lost series' to end. Once interest has waned........ they'll happen!

Now on eBay:

Selling the set with 2 variants for 110 bucks more than the basic set.

I guess this seller assumes that Ben Linus won't be as popular as the rarer Star Wars chases (which alone often sell for $100+). . .he is probably very correct :)

When I first saw these auctions I hesitated & " he who hesitates is lost". I remember thinking that the full set was relatively cheap.......they were......very cheap.... because http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Medicom-x-abc-st...idZp1638Q2em122

• 1 month later...

Congrats! Now you just have to shell out $130 for Ben :)

. . .or 40 some odd bucks for one without the cane, as if you or anyone would ever consider buying such a worthless thing. The cane clearly makes the man. You buy it for the cane, it just so happens to come with a figure.

I actually got really lucky with these. Shortly after fellow members announced these were coming out (which I never would have known otherwise, considering I've never bought Kubrick before), I found that a UK site called Forbidden Planet had these for pre-order. They had them listed by individual figure, instead of blind boxed, and even had the variants for the same price (which was a little over $8). I figured "why not?" and preordered Charlie, Desmond, and Ben. Then I completely forgot about them.

About two weeks ago, I finally get charged for this order. And then today I get all three figures with only the boxes opened, bag unopened. Long story short, I got both of the Lost variants for about $20 shipped from the UK.

I'm not sure if that website still has all of the Lost Kubrick for sale, but I'd suggest anyone interested in these figures to consider checking it out. Also, thanks again members of this site for sharing their knowledge of collectibles. I would definitely be "Lost" without you guys.

Ha, thats so punny... I'm sorry, I'll stop with these horrible jokes haha.

I actually got really lucky with these. Shortly after fellow members announced these were coming out (which I never would have known otherwise, considering I've never bought Kubrick before), I found that a UK site called Forbidden Planet had these for pre-order. They had them listed by individual figure, instead of blind boxed, and even had the variants for the same price (which was a little over $8). I figured "why not?" and preordered Charlie, Desmond, and Ben. Then I completely forgot about them.

About two weeks ago, I finally get charged for this order. And then today I get all three figures with only the boxes opened, bag unopened. Long story short, I got both of the Lost variants for about $20 shipped from the UK.

I'm not sure if that website still has all of the Lost Kubrick for sale, but I'd suggest anyone interested in these figures to consider checking it out. Also, thanks again members of this site for sharing their knowledge of collectibles. I would definitely be "Lost" without you guys.

Ha, thats so punny... I'm sorry, I'll stop with these horrible jokes haha.

I am genuinely pleased for you :D I am also staggered at the simplicity of it all :ohmy: ......& regretfully ,I am ashamed to admit it .....jealous :mellow: Stunning deal ,bloody stunning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...