UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sports Mates....

There is just about Minimate everything* in the minimate world, but where are the Sports Minimates like NFL or NHL or even MLB i would probably buy some and they would sell like no other to sports collectors so they should be made.....

*there is all kinds of minimate people.

I think you'd just need to get a license with the league and the players' union; I don't think (at least in the NFL) you need to have an agreement with individual players, though they can opt out if they want. I suspect it's still pretty expensive though, plus any individual 'mate wouldn't have the appeal of, say, Picard in the Star Trek line.

Edited by stack32

but it would make a hell of a lot of money.... with all those crazy collectors out there :rolleyes: (looks at a picture of his uncle)

but it would make a hell of a lot of money.... with all those crazy collectors out there :rolleyes: (looks at a picture of his uncle)

Yeah it would. I'm not saying I'm against sports mates. I just don't particularily care about spending money on them when there are perfectly good comic characters out thre. Just expressing my opinion. In fact, if it helped continue the minimate brand, then go for it. Just not at the expense of the continued excellence of Comic Book characters.

Not a huge sports fan, but I could see myself buying some of these sporadically, NBA, NFL, and college football would be what I'm most likely to buy. Besides, having sports equipment accessories would add a whole new dimension to mate collecting and customizing like the western and platoon mates have.