UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Clone Wars sets.

gambitron

So I got a bunch of the new lego sets last month. I actually bought my sets at the lego booth at SDCC, I got the V-19 Torrent, Twilight, and the Republic Gunship (I was so happy they redid this one because I didn't get it the first time around when AOTC came out). The Torrent and the Gunship are awesome. The Twilight is a little disappointing for 100$ but still cool. I wish legos weren't so expensive cause I want so many more of these sets, like the magna guard ship, and the AT-TE but alas I must save my money for the Death Star set coming out.

Anybody else get some of these new sets? I would love to hear others opinions of these new sets.

Edited by gambitron

So I got a bunch of the new lego sets last month. I actually bought my sets at the lego booth at SDCC, I got the V-19 Torrent, Twilight, and the Republic Gunship (I was so happy they redid this one because I didn't get it the first time around when AOTC came out). The Torrent and the Gunship are awesome. The Twilight is a little disappointing for 100$ but still cool. I wish legos weren't so expensive cause I want so many more of these sets, like the magna guard ship, and the AT-TE but alas I must save my money for the Death Star set coming out.

Anybody else get some of these new sets? I would love to hear others opinions of these new sets.

I got my son one of the V-19 sets on Saturday, Aug 16th, after going to see the movie with him. The middle wing wasn't remaining flush against the underbody of the ship, hanging down slightly. I inserted one of the spare blue 4274, Technic, Pin 1/2's into one of the holes in the swinging edge of the wing so that when the wing is in the down position the little bit of technic pin grabs just enough of the underside of the ship so that the wing stays in place, for the most part. You can't tell any difference, but the wing doesn't droop any more. It's a very nice ship and both my son and I like it very much.

Jawfin

I got my son one of the V-19 sets on Saturday, Aug 16th, after going to see the movie with him. The middle wing wasn't remaining flush against the underbody of the ship, hanging down slightly. I inserted one of the spare blue 4274, Technic, Pin 1/2's into one of the holes in the swinging edge of the wing so that when the wing is in the down position the little bit of technic pin grabs just enough of the underside of the ship so that the wing stays in place, for the most part. You can't tell any difference, but the wing doesn't droop any more. It's a very nice ship and both my son and I like it very much.

Jawfin

How was the movie? I haven't heard many opinions about it other than critics.

I loved the movie. The soundtrack was great (I went and bought it the next day) it is a great update on some main themes as well as just great new stuff, the humor was great, it wasn't too dark (dealing with Anakin's story anyway), the back and forth between Anakin and his new apprentice Ahsoka was great, I didn't think I would like the story line of rescuing Jabba's son but I thought they played that in the story really well, there was great action lightsaber and space battles both, all in all this movie got me really excited for the series to start.

I loved the movie. The soundtrack was great (I went and bought it the next day) it is a great update on some main themes as well as just great new stuff, the humor was great, it wasn't too dark (dealing with Anakin's story anyway), the back and forth between Anakin and his new apprentice Ahsoka was great, I didn't think I would like the story line of rescuing Jabba's son but I thought they played that in the story really well, there was great action lightsaber and space battles both, all in all this movie got me really excited for the series to start.

I agree, the movie was very good. Don't expect very deep, emotional plots, though. This show is being aimed at a young audience. As long as Star Wars fans go into the movie (and the following tv series) with that in mind, and are prepared to accept "tween" age-ranged stories, then you should be able to enjoy the action packed ride with a number of "Yee-Haa's" and "All Right!'s" thrown in along the way. Honestly, I loved the movie. I was more excited and engaged in this movie than most of the prequel movies put together (some notable, obviously important prequel scenes excepted, of course).

I give it a thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Jawfin

(some notable, obviously important prequel scenes excepted, of course).

I give it a thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Jawfin

Let me guess: Maul/ Obi Wan-Qui Gon battle, Vader gets dunked in lava, Order 66, and the Jedi vs Everyone on Geonosis.