UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Mighty Muggs Collection Thread!

ARE-JAY

ARE-JAY, are those the Variant stormtroopers? or do you just have two of them?

Yes, one is the regular and one is the variant. The regular has a light tan shading while the variant has a dark gray shading. Its not really a variant just a running change =)

Thanks for the Stormtrooper answer ARE-JAY, that is one nice collection! Let me ask a couple more questions about it. Are you planning on opening your other SDCC Muggs or are they a keep in the package type? Is your Darth Vader the one with one white dot in each eye or two white dots in each eye? (are you after both?)

Thanks for sharing your collection. If you ever decide that you want to go for package variations as well and want some trilingual Star Wars Muggs, drop me a line and I will see what I can find you.

Thanks for the Stormtrooper answer ARE-JAY, that is one nice collection! Let me ask a couple more questions about it. Are you planning on opening your other SDCC Muggs or are they a keep in the package type? Is your Darth Vader the one with one white dot in each eye or two white dots in each eye? (are you after both?)

Thanks for sharing your collection. If you ever decide that you want to go for package variations as well and want some trilingual Star Wars Muggs, drop me a line and I will see what I can find you.

I actually have 2 of each SDCC Muggs and 3 of the Peter Parker ones. I will open the ones displayed eventually but right now they are acting as "fillers" so the shelf can appear more full. If I displayed em like the others, I'd have empty space, so I'm gunna wait till more muggs get released =)

Unfortunately I have yet to find the "one eyed" Darth Vader that got released first, mines the 2 eyed version. I did discover another running change though on Indy Wave 2, check out the difference in hat color:

0819080148.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
ARE-JAY... I was looking at your collection and i noticed your Chewbacca was different to one i have a picture of.

Not sure if it's a prototype or a variant, but thought someone here might be interested.

mightymugs.jpg

This looks like Chewy from the awful "Holiday Special" cartoon. They are actually releasing a Kubrick Chewy with these paint apps in a forthcoming box set. Check out the comparison pics here.

Edited by karamazov80

ARE-JAY... I was looking at your collection and i noticed your Chewbacca was different to one i have a picture of.

Not sure if it's a prototype or a variant, but thought someone here might be interested.

That was just the first photo of the prototypes. Also note that Darth Maul's robes are darker than the one released, and it shows the Darth Vader with the one white dot in each eye (which was release on a limited basis) but were all changed with the mass release.

Venom arrived in the mail today and my Mighty Muggs collection is complete... that is until the next waves hit. :)

I'll be finding a better way to stand them on the shelf soon, maybe something to elevate the figures in the back row. I just want them to look less crowded.

Edited by minivenom

• 3 weeks later...
Found him, Galactus, and Silver Surfer at Target. Target is the only place I've seen this wave so far.

At my semi-local comic-shop, they had a Torch, Surfer, and the ever-popular Hulk today. I only know this because i had to pick up an extra Pepper/Mk3 two-pack today as well as my Mk1/ Mk2 two-pack.

I thought Torch looked okay, until i saw the cheesy Flash-grin. That was a turn-off.

I thought Torch looked okay, until i saw the cheesy Flash-grin. That was a turn-off.

I thought it was pretty much in character, Johnny's a cheesy grin kinda guy :D Some of the faces have definitely turned me off picking up certain Muggs though, like the Doc Ock :sick:

The flames/coloring of Torch really blew me away -- very simple, but very cool effect.

I hope we get the Star Wars do-over waves soon... still waiting to get my mitts on a Storm Trooper.

Storm Troopers arn't that hard to find they where actually re-released in a revision wave a few months back.

It prob depends on where you are really. One member of the Mugg forum that Are Jay and I visit had 54 Stormtrooper muggs and rising I don't doubt

So if your anywhere near his locality thats prob why there are no stormtroopers to buy.

they where actually re-released in a revision wave a few months back.

yeah that's what I meant by the "do-over wave" I'm waiting for, I just blanked on the word revision... I knew it was planned for September or something, but they definitely haven't hit my LCS yet, and I usually see new Muggs there before they show up in the box stores... plus we didn't even get Stormtroopers in the shortened wave 1 they released in Canada, so I'm just tired of waiting. Not tired enough to turn to eBay, but tired :)

54 might be pushing it a bit :lol: I don't think I could fit 54 Muggs into my apartment, unless I glued them on the ceiling or something! I might pick up 2, to flank Vader. If they make some of those red guards the Emperor uses I'd grab a couple of those for sure...