UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Translucent Spideys

Reideen1313

I'm not saying they are fake just my personal opinion, maybe Rob from TRM would like to comment, or was this from a complete article?

The person I bought them from had access to Art Asylum and the people who worked there and was and still is a member of the industry. I won't say who he is or where he currently works but if he wants to come forward he can.

I can understand that it could be very easy to doubt me on this since I got it from an 'unnamed' source and you basically have to take my word for it. All I can say is that I do have access to folks who could have had this and as far as I know they are real.

-Rob

Trust me I understand ALL too well! Not to mention with guys on this board like Shane, TBT and me (however I speak for myself here) minimates we've never seen definitely pique our interest!

Anyway, Sorry if I came off rude. I wasn't trying to call you out I just wanted to see what you had to say about them to suppress any doubt on the mythical clear spideys. Awesome to know they are real!

Welcome aboard, don't be a stranger!

-CloneMe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me I understand ALL too well! Not to mention with guys on this board like Shane, TBT and me (however I speak for myself here) minimates we've never seen definitely pique our interest!

Anyway, Sorry if I came off rude. I wasn't trying to call you out I just wanted to see what you had to say about them to suppress any doubt on the mythical clear spideys. Awesome to know they are real!

Welcome aboard, don't be a stranger!

-CloneMe

Hey it isn't rude at all. I can understand people have questions and I'm more than willing to answer them as best I can.

One thing about rare and unreleased toys is that they really don't have a providence like art does to prove they are real. You pretty much have to go by what people say and judge for yourself.

-Rob

There's some interesting history there. And given Raving Toy's history with AA/DST, particularly in the arena of unveiling new figures, I'm inclined to believe him. In my short tenure at MMHQ, I've been privy to some hush-hush stuff, so I know all too well just how secretive the toy business can be.

Welcome to the MMMV, Rob. We hope you stick around.

I'm glad thats all cleared up.

Ok I dont want to come off harsh but Twisted Two Face to use your own words in an english way. Dickhead much, you want a gold and silver spidey to scape off the tampo's and customise the figure. Ok stick to the exhaust fumes.

If you want a gold or silver custom spray paint a available figure there is no diffrence in the end. I hate to say it but your coming across as an arse and I dont like to have a go at new posters members or whatever.

Those really look great and I appreciate Rob for showing them off.

While I wouldn't have wanted them to take the slot of, say... Electro, in a regular series, it'd sure be cool as hell to get them for some kind of promotional thing.

A clear Venom would look really great, too. Y'know, since he can make himself invisible and all.

Well, gee, i'm sorry! It's just that my parents (teen) don't like those sorts of things, like spray paints, because of fumes and what-not! My only options are to get the actual mates and scrape off the "tampo-" and i am sorry but i have no clue what that is...I'm a long-time 'mate-fan, not a long-time customizer! And don't feel like your picking on the newbie, because i am the kinda person to ignore those sorts of remarks and look at the post as a whole!

Oh, and i would so buy a clear Vemon, especially if he had a clear "power-chest" sort of thing. Imagine the possibilties!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

So there was only one each of the red and blue made?

As far as I know, these are the only ones around. I would have to guess that they made at least a few, just to make sure they came out okay. But if they were damaged or came out badly from manufacturing they would have been destroyed there.

Still, I would guess that at most there might be up to 5 of each just as a sheer guess, but I have never heard of any others and my source said they were the only ones made.

-Rob

Not that Rob needs my endorsement, but I'll vouch for just about anything he says. I've known his wife (and as a result/byproduct, Rob as well) through forums, Ask.com and an old USNet board for...wow - almost 10 years now.

If he says they're the real thing, they're the real thing.

Oh, and JL - I've already offered both my kidneys for these. You'll have to take a number in line behind me to get them. :D

Not that Rob needs my endorsement, but I'll vouch for just about anything he says. I've known his wife (and as a result/byproduct, Rob as well) through forums, Ask.com and an old USNet board for...wow - almost 10 years now.

If he says they're the real thing, they're the real thing.

Oh, and JL - I've already offered both my kidneys for these. You'll have to take a number in line behind me to get them. :D

Too late they are in the post..........

I wish :P

Well, then i suppose i have been proven incorrect and apoligize for my first post here. If you can vouch for Rob, whom i have yet to meet, then it must be the real deal...Not like the rest of you didn't correct me in your own "little" ways, just that i was a tad stubborn. With so much proof, i guess i must agree...

I can up this offer... I'll send you both of Reideen's Kidney's and one of JL's if you send the mates to me ;)

T.

I can up this offer... I'll send you both of Reideen's Kidney's and one of JL's if you send the mates to me ;)

T.

I'm not big on kidneys, but I could use some lungs...;)

I just checked over my records and I got these at the end of 2004 right after Christmas and before New Years.

I checked and indeed these were one shots, or unique from my source.

Also, a little background on the Gold Spideys. Evidently, there were 10 extra Golds made past the 50 piece run that were given to friends and of the 50 slated for giveaway, it looks like Marvel took about 30 of them and DST gave most of the rest away.

Just a little more food for thought.

-Rob

Too cool Rob! Was Red Spidey's eye scratched like that before or after you got em? Since we are sharing odds and ends any chance we will be seeing more pics?

His eye was already scratched when I got him. I'll see if I can snap some more shots this weekend. Any requests?

-Rob

Too cool Rob! Was Red Spidey's eye scratched like that before or after you got em? Since we are sharing odds and ends any chance we will be seeing more pics?

His eye was already scratched when I got him. I'll see if I can snap some more shots this weekend. Any requests?

-Rob

I know you're busy shipping out Hippos Rob. If you want to ship the mates to me, I'll be happy to snap some pics for everyone to look at... :D