UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spirit Minimates

This may sound weird but i enjoyed the movie, i laughed and thought the scenes were terrific,and the dialogue was corny, but funny.The thing is i went in,with an open mind and enjoyed myself!

so yes i would buy the mates and the dvd.so please release DST

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man... That bad? Screw it, I'm going to Valkyre.

Anyway, These minimates don't interest me at all. Now that I know the movie sucks, there's no way in hell I'm going for it. Rest well, Spirit, you're probably done.

i loved the movie!!!!! samuel l jackson is officially my hero :D

it was deffinately goofy, "pulpy", and all out quircky whenever the octopus was around, which pretty much was the whole movie. i'm suprised you thought it was boring lantern, i thought it was pretty well set and fast paced...

thats my opinion anyway.

I went in with a very open mind, and I know the Spirit. I kept myself from comparing Miller's to Eisner's and still the movie bored me to tears. The dialog was horrible, the narratives were meaningless, and it was like watching an hour and a half bj to Sam Jackson from Frank Miller. Different tastes for different people, sadly this might have people stay away from Will Eisner's Spirit.

Did anyone catch Paul Levitz, DC's President and Publisher, saying "you'll believe a man can't fly?"

Did I miss some news of cancellation of the Punisher War Zone set?

There is a rumor... Whispers of an unknown evil amassing an army in the east...

In short, maybe. Nothing official, but it took a long time for the GR sets to be officially called Cancelled too.

See, I loved X3. But I could've done without the Minimates. I liked Spider-Man 3, but I could've done with fewer Minimates than we got.

The Punisher set comes with some awesome weaponry (granted, we should still see some of it with Deadpool), and Jigsaw; and I just loved the Spirit, and want them all.

<_<

Reading all of these reviews for the Spirit movie really depresses me as we could have had a Brad Bird penned animated Spirit flick, but the flick never got financed. Shame when you see what we've gotten instead.

That said, I do hope that the Spirit box-set comes out and that this won't affect the comic styled mates that have been discussed for the Spirit property.

Don't know if this speech has been posted before, but Frank was right about one thing:

"You’ll make some pretty good money, but that creation that you took all that time writing and drawing will be remembered for all time as one really crapo movie."

http://forums.wireplay.co.uk/showthread.php?t=255441

He should add to that speech about selling out your Friend's creation after he is dead too. Guess I'll wait for Spirit Begins.

I hope Michael Uslan's run on the Spirit comic does horribly too. I have every Spirit section and comic book issue, thanks to DC archives, but I might have to miss on Uslan's upcoming arc. Hate when people say they love something then sell it out. When I see Uslan at SDCC next year it is going to be bad.

I saw the movie this morning and I loved it. I expected it to be great and in my opinion it was. The dialogue was corny, but so funny, especially everytime the Octopus mentioned eggs. The graphic of it was gorgeous and Scarlett and Eva weren't too bad either. ;)

I'm real excited for the mates now.

Did I miss some news of cancellation of the Punisher War Zone set?

There is a rumor... Whispers of an unknown evil amassing an army in the east...

In short, maybe. Nothing official, but it took a long time for the GR sets to be officially called Cancelled too.

I've been wondering if toy companies will be pulling back in the coming year based on the economic situation; focusing on core lines rather than taking chances on potential misses. By that rationale, it would seem that Marvel is pretty safe, but I wouldn't be surprised if 09 is a pretty dry year for movie mates

I think they could sell sets like these, Ghost Rider & Punisher War Zone if they were released before the movie hits theaters...there'd be more hype for & interest in them, and people who end up hating the movie (god, was Punisher horrible) would still at least have some cool toys (or eBay fodder).

According to DST, taking this out of context though, they aren't cancelled!! Sweet.

Here's the blog post:

The intrigue, the style, the women, the Spirit! The perfect blend of Classic Film Noir and Modern Superhero Action! Bam!

You may have seen the Spirit Minimates elsewhere on the net, but not quite yet on our blog. So, in my mind that means, they don’t exist! Until now!

The Spirit himself! With his dashing good looks, he created his own fashion trend. Next season black & white with a red power tie is the new red cape!

The alluring Silken Floss, the hot scientist whose graduated cylinders go all the way up!

The Octopus, whose eyeshadow, I must say, really brings out Samuel L. Jackson’s eyes.

And let’s not forget we’ve got Sand Serif, looking all Arabian Nights in her goddess glittered gown.

You heard it here first!

Well that's really good news. With all of the BSG chaos going on, it's good to see that bad movie reviews aren't going to kill the line. Maybe 2009 will be brighter than we thought. :)

too bad they showed the already seen pics, not new ones or packaged pic. I am dying to know what The Octopus comes with!

Eight of everything. Wait...everything...?? Am i the only one seeing a dirty joke in there??

I can't wait for packaging. The New Caprica Box Set was great in design, and this one has to be able to match or surpass it.

too bad they showed the already seen pics, not new ones or packaged pic. I am dying to know what The Octopus comes with!

Eight of everything. Wait...everything...?? Am i the only one seeing a dirty joke in there??

I can't wait for packaging. The New Caprica Box Set was great in design, and this one has to be able to match or surpass it.

Yay, Spirit boxset not dead yet! :woot: Sucky movie aside (I haven't actually seen it yet... guess I'll pass final judgment once I convince my family to let us watch it this weekend), these mates cannot come soon enough for me.

I do hope the Spirit packaging will have that neat Frank Miller-ish noir look to it. Me not knowing what the New Caprica packaging looks like (I'll search for it later), I'm thinking it might bear more of a resemblnce to the Iron Man: Hostile Takeover box?

I'm really psycked for these minis! I loved the movie and cannot wait for these. When did Sand actually wear that outfit in the movie though? I don't remember it.

I'm a little disappointed in this Sand, as the 2pack one was the only needed one in my mind. We could have had opening Octopus or Pathos etc instead.

Ah well, I'll be getting all 6 anyway.

• 3 weeks later...