UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Lego Batman & Joker

hahahahahahaha!!!!! :D

Hope you're not a Star Wars fan. You have NO idea what you've just gotten yourself into. Sure, LEGO minifigs can't boast the same posability as Minimates, but the sheer number of characters available, from licensed lines like Star Wars and Batman, to the plain old City theme, is unbeatable. They are my favorites, without a doubt.

Yeah, I bought every Spider-Man set they had back when they had the SM/SM2 license. I was working on the Star Wars license back before they made the switch to the flesh colored parts for movie licenses.

Then I discovered Minimates and Lego didn't seem quite as cool to me anymore.

I've been tempted by the Lego Batman sets, but I live that avenue through my little brother, so it all works out.

Personally, I don't like Lego-men very much. I have an Indiana Jones and a Batman keychain that a friend gave to me, but that's really it. I think they are ugly, and their lack of articulation and uniform look from figure to figure are turn-offs.

But having said that, I used to hate Kubricks, thinking they were also ugly, hating their articulation, etc., and yet they were my toy obsession over the summer (I probably have over 100 of them now). So, just in case, I think that I'll be staying away from Legos. . .and to Minivenom's comment about licenses, I don't think they beat Medicom's licensing efforts with Kubricks. Where else can you find figures of the same size and type for licenses as disparate as Aliens, Disney, Reservoir Dogs, Batman, Gumby, Muppets, Metal Gear, Tron, and Child's Play?

Edited by karamazov80

They were giving away Batman and Joker Lego keychains at the Gamestop I was at yesterday. I think you just have to pre-order the Batman Lego game (which is 5 bucks, I think). Maybe you had to actually buy it, though. I'm not sure.

The Joker Lego figure was given away in pieces at different booths AFTER you waited in line AND played a game. The lines were long and the always ran out.

If you score a complete Joker, they would give you the Batman and box at another booth.

I've been a lego fan forever, so have amassed quite a few Minifigs of all types, i've slowed down on them quite a bit though but ocassionally pick up a cool set here and there especially on sale. i have been trying to collect( and am current on) all the comic type figs Spidey 1 and 2, and Batman, yeah they definately aren't anywhere near as cool as Minimates or even Kubricks but they are neat, i love em.

try swapping out the "Vampire" hair on your Joker with one of these

post-189-1219274934_thumb.jpg

from the "Exo-force" line for a better look.

I've been a lego fan forever, so have amassed quite a few Minifigs of all types, i've slowed down on them quite a bit though but ocassionally pick up a cool set here and there especially on sale. i have been trying to collect( and am current on) all the comic type figs Spidey 1 and 2, and Batman, yeah they definately aren't anywhere near as cool as Minimates or even Kubricks but they are neat, i love em.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Joker-Dark-Knigh...idZp1638Q2em122

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Joker-Dark-Knigh...idZp1638Q2em122

Dude, really?! Me too! And again, my parents constatnly associate the words "lego" and "minimates" with the phrase "baby toys..." Kinda pisses me off, since i enjoy them so much!

Oh, and the new clone wars "Anie" hair works alot better when died green then Exo-force's Takeshi...God i'm a nerd...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I broke down and bought one of these on ebay. I didn't need the figures, since I already have them, but I really wanted the box. I found a seller offering the box and the Batman, but no Joker. Not a problem for me, so I emailed them asking about the condition of the box. Normally, I don't care about packaging since I'm an opener, but the draw to this item for me was the box itself.

I was told that the box was in great condition, so I bought it for $9.99 + $4.99 shipping.

The idiot wrapped the box in bubble wrap and mailed it in a non-padded yellow envelope! The package was squished several times on its way here and when I opened it the whole upper left corner was all wrinkled up.

I wrote the seller to tell them how it was received, and they offered to replace it and agreed to ship it in a box for a larger fee!! WTF???

Any moron knows that if you ship a box in an envelope like that it's going to arrive damaged. Also, for $5 shipping, you can easily send a small box within the US at least First Class, if not Priority Mail. So frustrating!!

I broke down and bought one of these on ebay. I didn't need the figures, since I already have them, but I really wanted the box. I found a seller offering the box and the Batman, but no Joker. Not a problem for me, so I emailed them asking about the condition of the box. Normally, I don't care about packaging since I'm an opener, but the draw to this item for me was the box itself.

I was told that the box was in great condition, so I bought it for $9.99 + $4.99 shipping.

The idiot wrapped the box in bubble wrap and mailed it in a non-padded yellow envelope! The package was squished several times on its way here and when I opened it the whole upper left corner was all wrinkled up.

I wrote the seller to tell them how it was received, and they offered to replace it and agreed to ship it in a box for a larger fee!! WTF???

Any moron knows that if you ship a box in an envelope like that it's going to arrive damaged. Also, for $5 shipping, you can easily send a small box within the US at least First Class, if not Priority Mail. So frustrating!!

I bet this post opens the 'I can top that, This idiot from ebay sent my glass bottle in a paper bag' ranting flood gates.. :)

T.

I bet this post opens the 'I can top that, This idiot from ebay sent my glass bottle in a paper bag' ranting flood gates.. :)

T.

I can top that ...... but I'll just say this US & Asian sellers are generally aware of the importance of the packaging whereas most of my fellow Brits are generally useless at understanding that boxes crush in padded envelopes.

That sucks MV. Keep in mind, Ebay's new feedback policies prohibit 'retaliatory' feedback - so if you can't work something out with the seller, you can leave negative feedback without worry of getting it back in return. (Obviously I don't sell much on ebay, so the changes to feedback don't bother me as much as it does some others. :D)