UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Marvel comics right now?

Jatta Pake

I really enjoy the New Avengers very much. I like the new post-civil war team a lot. I also love the artwork by Leinil Yu, so it's pretty cool. But since I'm only reading the paperbacks here in Germany, I'm a little dragged behind the actual storyline. So please, don't get me any spoilers on that right now!

;)

I like The Twelve. My other favorites are Thor Hulk and Thunderbolts. I haven't read an X-book in forever. Too confusing for me. I'll stick with the Lee and early Clairmont eras where there was just 1 X-Team.

I was a big fan of Immortal Iron Fist (obviously), but I'm not sure about the new creative team taking over. X-Factor is great whenever they actually give it a few issues that aren't crossovers. Daredevil and Captain America are excellent as well.

The only comics I read/collect are those of the Young Avengers. I really like each of there individual backgrounds. Vision 2.0 is currently my favorite character (and also my favorite minimate!). Although at Comic-Con it I believe, it was announced there were no new plans for them, other then "existing" in the backrounds of others comics *sigh*

Other than that I read all the Marvel Events- Secret Invasions been pretty awesome so far- a tad confusing but awesome anyways haha

• 1 month later...

Guys, you gotta check out that new Namor thing Sub Mariner: The Depths.

That is one interesting read. Basically someone is trying to prove that Namor is nothing more than an urban myth or an dold sea tale an that Atlantis isn't real. It seems to be set in an alternate Universe where Namor is the only Marvel around (Yes, I did adopt the Alex Ross book's term for the superheroes.)

And Marvel Apes is freaking hilarious, but very quickly turns extremely disturbing.