UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #11 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

No more Q&As here? NOOOOOOOOO!

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Just another board I have to join to get answers. Anyway, about the answer for Thor in the boxset: was Chuck just being sarcastic? He never showed up in any of the pics I've seen so far or in the packaging shot of the set. Plus I thought boxsets would be 4 characters for now on. So, is he a hidden character? Was Chuck joking? Or is this another Avengers boxset we don't know about? (Cue Twilight Zone theme.)

At least the answer makes sense for Sinister Six.

The thing that stuck out to me is the same thing Trekker is discussing. Are we really getting another Thor despite having no pics and despite the fact that pre-order prices are actually cheaper than those for other 4 packs?

Oh, and I'm not going to join their boards, I don't think. I'm not really keen on the idea of a discussion forum run by a company that produces the products discussed in said forum. . .

Edited by karamazov80

He mention's titanic more then once (in jest i'm sure!!) but would a Jack & Rose 2-pack be so wrong, Rose could have a removable dress where she's wearing nothing but that big blue diamond thingy underneath........ :wub:

Thor? Really?! He hasn't been in any pictures of the set or even on the box art on the AA website though...

Oh, and I'm not going to join their boards, I don't think. I'm not really keen on the idea of a discussion forum run by a company that produces the products discussed in said forum. . .

It's not that bad (if you don't mind being swamped with posts about Trek).

I was curious about the Thor thing too. I didn't know about the initial rumor (hence no HQ story about it...yet), but Chuck's response adds a whole new level of mystery to it. The packaging stuff we've seen doesn't seem to show him in any capacity, but boxes can be changed, and have been known to be wrong. A blind figure inside isn't exactly a new concept either, as TRU used to carry them back in the good ol' retailer-supported days. And Marvel Zombies shows us that 5 figures can be shoehorned into that box, so I guess Thor showing up is within the realm of possibility. But would it be a new figure or a rerelease of the one we already have. There weren't a terrible amount of differences between his classic costume and the one featured in the Avengers wave, were there?

And he made a valid point about the Sinister Six box set, what with 4 of the villains seeing production now. Still, Vulture, Electro, an old-school Doc Ock (or even a modified reissue), and a better transformation Sandman would make a good set, though slapping Sinister Six on a box of four figures makes DST look like they failed math.

As far as Titanic goes, I imagine to make that ship sail, you'd need either a strong line-up for a wave, which the movie doesn't really have, or enough to make a compelling box set. Naked Rose would have to carry the line, and that wouldn't be likely, what with being targeted at younger audiences.

It's sad to see the Q&A go, but it does make sense for DST to support the AA site, considering it is technically their own site. As far as whether or not I'll join in the discussion over there, I won't rule it out until I've seen how its handled. Past AA forum offerings have been hit & miss, with this being their, what, 4th reboot?

He mention's titanic more then once (in jest i'm sure!!) but would a Jack & Rose 2-pack be so wrong, Rose could have a removable dress where she's wearing nothing but that big blue diamond thingy underneath........ :wub:

Titanic Minimates? I suppose a C3 'Iceberg' set would be as interesting , think of how much fun that would be to put together :rolleyes: probably as much fun as Artasylum.com which has thrilled me(?) . The current Angel puppet article in particular in Artasylum.com prompts me to publish my previously 'dumped' picture of DST Matt & the puppet at SDCC....... it's a poor photo ,so guess which is the puppet ?post-638-1218036376_thumb.jpg.

I look forward to Q & A on the new 'pictures of my office' forum & the chance that somebody one day will get a straight answer to a straight question.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'll go on record and say I'd love to see Politician Minimate 2-packs.

A McCain/Obama two pack would absolutely rule. It would need to include a Minimate podium and an Minimate American flag. Half the packaging red, the other half blue.

I'd also love to see:

George Washington/Abraham Lincoln 2-pack (trekkies could make a Space Lincoln!)

World War 2 Box Set (Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Stalin, Tojo and Hitler)

Thomas Jefferson/Teddy Roosevelt 2-pack (to round out Mount Rushmore)

John F. Kennedy/Ronald Reagan 2-pack (another Red vs. Blue pack)

Bush Clinton Box Set (George Bush Sr./George W. Bush/Bill Clinton/Hillary Clinton)

I would like to see a Ted Stevens 2 pack, with one being regular version in prison garb, and the other being "Hulk" Stevens, with powerhouse chestpiece, ripped pants, etc. His accessory should be a

I personally feel that 'Titanic' would go down well......it did the first time ;)

there's a Kate Winslet joke here somewhere!!

&

i'd like a(Bill Clinton/Hillary Clinton) with (Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky) variant, monica can come!!... with different dresses :banana:

Edited by winkerbean

I personally feel that 'Titanic' would go down well......it did the first time ;)

there's a Kate Winslet joke here somewhere!!

&

i'd like a(Bill Clinton/Hillary Clinton) with (Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky) variant, monica can come!!... with different dresses :banana:

I believe that more people went down on the Titanic than went down on Bill Clinton.

Our Monica=Mouth Organ.

post-638-1218056425_thumb.jpg for Shanepost-638-1218056425_thumb.jpgfor TBT

Edited by buttheadsmate

A McCain/Obama two pack would absolutely rule. It would need to include a Minimate podium and an Minimate American flag. Half the packaging red, the other half blue.

I'd also love to see:

George Washington/Abraham Lincoln 2-pack (trekkies could make a Space Lincoln!)

World War 2 Box Set (Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Stalin, Tojo and Hitler)

Thomas Jefferson/Teddy Roosevelt 2-pack (to round out Mount Rushmore)

John F. Kennedy/Ronald Reagan 2-pack (another Red vs. Blue pack)

Bush Clinton Box Set (George Bush Sr./George W. Bush/Bill Clinton/Hillary Clinton)

Woo! Space Lincoln! Though I don't know about Hitler as a minimate. People who survived the Holocaust are still out there and living today and how do you think it would make them feel seeing the man who caused those atrocities on them and their families hanging on pegs in LCSs? Really, Hitler doesn't deserve to be made into a toy ever. Neither do nonfictional mass murders as a whole. I mean, Red Skull isn't bad as a toy. He didn't kill millions of innocent people. But how would you like to have a two pack of say Hitler and Stalin on the pegs at a comic shop? They're two of the most infamous mass murderers of our time! Wuldn't having toys of these guys be like having a Ted Bundy action figure (with head bashing action! Look for the rest of Hasbro's serial killer line in June starting with Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, and the Zodiac!)? Do you seriously want your kids playing with someone who actually kiled people? Sure, these atrocities happened and it should NEVER be forgotten, but wouldn't making a toy of these monsters be like commemerating their acts? The only acknoledgement these freaks deserve is in history books, but never in toys. I'm fine with fictional Nazis, like the Red Skull or those guys from the Blues Brothers because they did nothing to anyone, or the families of anyone, living today, but the real Nazis, the real monsters, well, they're best left in the history books and off of the toy aisle.

Other than Hitler and Stalin, I like your line. Especially Washington and Lincoln. Lincoln is one of my personal heroes and he DOES deserve any recognitnon he gets. Him, I'd want kids playing with.

Ooooh. Burn!

Woo! Space Lincoln! Though I don't know about Hitler as a minimate. People who survived the Holocaust are still out there and living today and how do you think it would make them feel seeing the man who caused those atrocities on them and their families hanging on pegs in LCSs? Really, Hitler doesn't deserve to be made into a toy ever. Neither do nonfictional mass murders as a whole. I mean, Red Skull isn't bad as a toy. He didn't kill millions of innocent people. But how would you like to have a two pack of say Hitler and Stalin on the pegs at a comic shop? They're two of the most infamous mass murderers of our time! Wuldn't having toys of these guys be like having a Ted Bundy action figure (with head bashing action! Look for the rest of Hasbro's serial killer line in June starting with Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, and the Zodiac!)? Do you seriously want your kids playing with someone who actually kiled people? Sure, these atrocities happened and it should NEVER be forgotten, but wouldn't making a toy of these monsters be like commemerating their acts? The only acknoledgement these freaks deserve is in history books, but never in toys. I'm fine with fictional Nazis, like the Red Skull or those guys from the Blues Brothers because they did nothing to anyone, or the families of anyone, living today, but the real Nazis, the real monsters, well, they're best left in the history books and off of the toy aisle.

Other than Hitler and Stalin, I like your line. Especially Washington and Lincoln. Lincoln is one of my personal heroes and he DOES deserve any recognitnon he gets. Him, I'd want kids playing with.

I fully agree Trekker, but I'd liked the idea of a set only because I'm a history buff and I'd love to have the Invaders standing over his utterly defeated corpse. I wouldn't see a Hitler Minimate as "commemerating" him but I could see how others would view it that way. Even with the best intentions the marketing fallout would be a diseaster. Cute Hitler? Gives me the heeby-jeebies.

Ok, strike the World War 2 set. I don't think it would be as good as I initially thought.

Here are some other Hitler toys from around the world:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/243...n-knitting.html

http://www.epier.com/store/outpostflags/vi...em.asp?id=42709

That knitted doll is going to give me nightmares!

Edited by Jatta Pake

Here are some other Hitler toys from around the world:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/243...n-knitting.html

http://www.epier.com/store/outpostflags/vi...em.asp?id=42709

That knitted doll is going to give me nightmares!

Don't forget this loosely veiled Hitler, who actually is made in a "cutesy," block figure style:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokyo-Tribe-2-Series-3...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeesh. I agree with Trekker on this one. These kinds of things shouldn't be made, in my opinion. It is just bad taste.

Edited by karamazov80

Who knew that there would be no love for Darkhawk?! I almost feel like Deadpool!

Also was a little intrigued by the political minimates that they've discussed but slightly surprised they've never looked into public use properties. Then again, I'm not sure I could see myself ever purchasing a political MM set - that is unless it was a Ronald Reagan MM. Maybe they could do a commerative MM for the USS Ronald Reagan. As much as I enjoy histoy, not sure these would sell well.

I would dig a Friday the 13th set though.....

Interesting Q & A - always nice that the DST guys take time for our obsession with Minimates.

my thoughts:

That sinking feeling...

The recurring TITANIC mention is interesting - I honestly would have liked to see a Rose minimate if for no other reason than her costumes were so elaborate and I'd bet that there would be some neat new parts to carry off the look. A Captain E.J Smith mate would have been cool too. Like BSG and BTTF, I doubt we'd get the Minmate-scale TITANIC to go with with the mates - or perhaps the fact that it'd have to be like 73' long may also prove problematic - especially if a retailer is concerned about shelf space :tongue: .

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..."

Interesting note about Jaws - sounds like those might be/might have been seriously considered - which I'd snap up in a minute.

"My name is Inigo Montoya..."

...and I want to see some Princess Bride minimates too.

set phasers on... marketing

I'm hoping that they can keep Star Trek going so that we get some complete crews for TNG and maybe the original cast in their movie uniforms and/or DS9. I'd hate to see the line waste away because there were too many Kirk variants and get shorted on other lines (kinda like what we saw with BTTF - too many Martys)

"...with fava beans and a nice chiante."

I'm encouraged that the DST license for SOTL minimates includes multiple movies - it's just too bad that none of the other movies are as memorable or iconic as Silence.

brains!

Resident Evil - I hope this license gets realized some day, 'cause I sure like zombies.

so long and thanks for all the fish

Finally - the move of Q&A to the AA forums.... it's understandable, though it's gonna be a lot harder to get stuff answered, considering they're gonna be hammered with questions from every other product line, in addition to 'mates.

Edited by captain_cbecker

Nice to see at least one other person would like minimates of the Black Terror, Fighting Yank, etc.

I might be willing to buy a Hitler minimate IF it was in a Captain America punching Hitler set.

Disappointed to see the lack of love for Darkhawk. Maybe we need a top 10 to see who the fans really want?