UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official Marvel Minimates series 12/13 thread

rickyroma

I'm still saying wave 12 will be here on the West Coast this week. Local comic shops had to have their orders in by 4/22.

I saw the Luke Cage at WWLA and I actually liked it. I initially hated it from the online pics but it looks great in real life. I think it captures the character perfectly. Now it remains to be seen if I feel the same after I see the figure.

I'm thinking wave 12 box art pics will hit the web this week - let's say Thurs morning. Just a hunch - I don't have any inside info.

I'm still saying wave 12 will be here on the West Coast this week. Local comic shops had to have their orders in by 4/22.

How do you know that JP? But I wonder if we'll see them before the SDCC...

The orders for the March Previews were due April 22 (or around that date). I'm making a lot of assumptions based upon how retailers act.

Plus one of the first posts I ever made on the first aa forum announced the impending arrival of a wave (can't remember which one but it was around 1/05.) People on the boards called me crazy because it was too soon after another wave, but I was right.

I think these waves are the last at the "old" factory. Wave 2 SF was supposed to be but they ran into production issues.

So DC doesn't affect this wave as they are being cranked out of the new factory. And to get these to retailers by SDCC they'd need to give themselves about a month cusion.

Pure speculation but I've got a tradition of calling waves to uphold. :)

My comic shop doesn't have Marvel Minimates listed in in their weekly email so I am fairly certain it won't be in this week... You can check their weekly list of what they will receive here on their website:

http://www.comicgalleryonline.com/

We could email AA and ask them what is going on.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Funny you should say that... I was contemplating email Adam to see if we can get an update on when the site will be back and when we can expect the next releases.

Lets wait til tomorrow to see what ships and go from there :)

T.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping.asp

Normally a good barometer of what's due to ship. Typically this week their computers are a bit TU . :rolleyes:

I always check that Monday at 2pm. I was a bit puzzled when I was looking at what I thought was next week's stuff and then noticed their delay message. Too bad they always list minimates on when the the rest of the country other than the west coast gets them. But I guess I can understand why they do that.

Alright, I need to eat crow. No Wave 12 out today.

My local comic book guy says he's definitely getting them in next week. I was praying he would get a shipment in this morning but he didn't.

Ok, so word on the street is next week. But I'll stop making predictions. I was wrong! :(

Alright, I need to eat crow. No Wave 12 out today.

My local comic book guy says he's definitely getting them in next week. I was praying he would get a shipment in this morning but he didn't.

Ok, so word on the street is next week. But I'll stop making predictions. I was wrong! :(

Sometimes we're right sometimes we're wrong, heck it's fun playing the game though :)

The fun part was seeing how many weeks in a row you could get away with making the same prediction without giving up :)

T.

Next week would be good. New issues of New Avengers and Astonishing are hitting... Could Minimates coincide a release? Stay tuned to find out.

The "Waiting For Minimates" song

(sung to the tune of "Dock of the Bay")

Verse 1:

Waitin' for the Minimates

I think I'll just go kick a gate

Sittin' at the comic store

Oh my god, the guy's really a bore

Chorus:

Waitin' for the Minimates

While I watch my money roll away again (OOOOO)

I'm just waitin' for the Minimates

Oh I really think they're just great

Verse 2:

Waitin' while my wife's on the road

I think I'll go get a load

Starin' at ebay again

Waitin' to get a frown from a grin

Bridge:

Looks like we get ten Wolverines again

But Emma Frost really drives me insane

CAn't do what AdyCarter tells me to do

So I guess I'll remain insane