UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official Marvel Minimates series 12/13 thread

rickyroma

As I've been saying for a while agree with July too,

AA/DST has traditionally released a wave at SDCC... and maybe they are seeing this as a place to reboot Marvel :)

The 'no new parts' theme would indicate they wanted to get manufacturing quickly and that might mean that they squeeezed these in before the DC stuff at the manufacturing plant.

and yep I agree with Ady.. how can anyone think that Luke Cages head looks ok let alone good!!

T.

I know^^ I hate his head. I fthe toque is painted on, then why have the hole in the head?

I wish the yellow from the Classic Wolverine matched the yellow of Astonishing Wolverine so I could have a mask.

Yep that's why I plan on whippin out the paints to make one that matches :)

T.

Man they really missed the X-Men boat, didn't they? In July no-one will give two parps about X-Men cos of Superman.

Still that ought to lead in nicely to the DC Minimates so it's swings and roundabouts :)

^^^ I dont think AA/DST will ever get the idea of timing, I"m worried the BSG stuff will miss the boat too.

Oh well at least there is stuff getting made... a yr between waves is a long time!

T.

What do you think the chances are the Shadowcat will come with Lockheed as an accessory? They planned this little guy...

About the same as that little guy going to work in snow shoes...... :P

A line with no new parts or accessories saving it all up for a pet dragon....

Everyone say it with me " I do, I do, I do believe in fairies..." ;)

T.

My comic shop guys told me yesterday that the new Marvel isn't even available yet for him to order, so it looks to be at least July, if not later. The DC ones ARE available for order though, he told me, and he placed it last week. I still hope the Marvel ones come out first though, 'cause I can't wait for Beast! Thats been on my wishlist since the very beginning.

And yeah, Cage looks lame, but they can't all be perfect, can they? I dunno...

After the wait between waves I guess most of us were wanting more effort put in, in both character selection instead of "what is the easiest characters to get Marvel to sign off on" and being shorted on paint apps and parts.

Not that we won't buy them... just...

It's good to see better pictures of the Mates. Here are my thoughts...

-What the crap did they do to Luke Cage. They should have included a removable Skull Cap that you could take on and off. He literally looks like he has grey hair. Really, from the eyes down the figure looks great. Too bad

-What the crap is up with Shadowcat. This was actually the ONE figure that I was looking forward to in the wave and they screwed her up. Shadowcat doesn't dissapear. That's Invisible Woman. Why in the crap are her arms and legs phasing. That doesn't even represent her powers in the slightest. If anything, you need to just pull off her legs at the torso and set her on the table and then it will look like she is walking through something. I've VERY disappointed in the figure. If they were going to do something stupid like this they should have made the magically disappearing figure a variant. ARGH!

-Please God let Wolverine come with his mask. I love the ideas of Getting Hair and Mask. However, if they choose to release this Wolverine like the Comic Con Tan Wolverine with no mask I'm going to be pretty ticked. If anyone reads Astonishing X-Men, anytime Wolvie's in costume he has his mask on. Again, hopefully I'm wrong and he comes with both, but if he doesn't I'm gonna be pretty upset.

-Is there good news? Yes. I love most of the figures. Beast looks great and I love Ronin. Again, even though they screwed up Shadowcat, I can't wait to get her. And I LOVE the new figures of Cyclops and Emma Frost both and Colossus getting some more love is wonderful.

Even with all of my complaints, I will still buy the full series as soon as they both come out. It's just hard now to look at the quality of the DC mates and realize that Marvel is actually 2nd place now :blink: neo

That's a pretty price for UKSIDE... Lets hope they are right, although maybe early july relates to one week before here and here is SDCC...

I'm still puting my money on them being out at SDCC...

T.