UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Trek Series 4 this week!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back from my honeymoon and what do I see here? ST wave 4!?! Is this a west coast thing or was the east coast fortunate enough this week.?

one of my shops here in saskatchewan had them so you should have them! hope your honeymoon was a good one, congrats!!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I'm back from my honeymoon and what do I see here? ST wave 4!?! Is this a west coast thing or was the east coast fortunate enough this week.?

It was on the Previews ship list and showed up everywhere as gar as I can tell... BBTS, SciFi Genre and a lot of the interent plaes back east show that they're in stock and shipping

even though i have absolutely NO interest in star trek, i think i may try and pick up one or two of those borg sets. He (or they, whatever he/they are) is pretty sweet!

They are a race of cybernetic creatres of many different races with no individuality and a hive mind controlled by a queen. Their goal is to make the galaxy exactly like them and rule the entire dang thing. They think of it as making the galaxy perfect and call it assimilation. So I'm assimilating some of the Marvel Minimates. So many possibilities with Borg.

even though i have absolutely NO interest in star trek, i think i may try and pick up one or two of those borg sets. He (or they, whatever he/they are) is pretty sweet!

They are a race of cybernetic creatres of many different races with no individuality and a hive mind controlled by a queen. Their goal is to make the galaxy exactly like them and rule the entire dang thing. They think of it as making the galaxy perfect and call it assimilation.

Rather like Mc.Donalds then?

They are a race of cybernetic creatres of many different races with no individuality and a hive mind controlled by a queen. Their goal is to make the galaxy exactly like them and rule the entire dang thing. They think of it as making the galaxy perfect and call it assimilation.

Rather like Mc.Donalds then?

:lol::lol:

Good point.

Despite the fact that 'Fat Ol' Scotty' is the variant in this set, technically meaning that there will be 4 times as many Borg/Picard sets , my money is on the Borg/Picard set to be the one fetching the money on ebay...& soon.

Can't see too many customisers using the FOS variant unless they're 'doing' me ;)

nice pics, why does Scotty looks like he's just murdered nurse Chapel!!!!

anyway with the success of this wave what do you think we should get in waves 6 & 7...

more movie figures!, more TNG, DS9 maybe move on to voyager & enterprise & should they move away from TOS

one thing for sure we need more villians and army builder case's like they do with BSG

Edited by winkerbean

anyway with the success of this wave what do you think we should get in waves 6 & 7...

well DST has started a pattern. if you notice they have 1 pack from TOS, (in this case it was bones and chapel, next wave it will be kirk), 1 pack from the off shoots (this wave it was TNG next wave it will be DS9) and a pack from a movie (this movie pack was II, next wave is I).

so if this pattern continues my guess for next wave will be:

• a kirk, spoke or bones from TOS, paired with someone else.
  • Voyager, Janeway, with either the borg queen or 7of9 (here is to hopen)
  • some section from a movie, my guess is either the Kilgons from 6 or Kahn

I hope they don't make more TOS i think they got that one pretty well covered

any other ideas for TNG QC?

Commander Shelby:

http://stng.36el.com/st-tng/images/cast-shelby.jpg

(Nurse Chapel hair and Jean Grey head)

Ensign Ro Laren:

http://www.durfee.net/startrek/images/TNG203.jpg

(Mystique hairpiece sharpie'd black and Valkrie head)

There'd be some small sharpie work needed for their boobs though....

And once we get a blue TNG suit you can do a Troi with a Wonder Woman head and black sharpie'd Rogue hair

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Borg army builder case, Borg army builder case, Borg army builder case ....

I'm not really an army builder, but I can understand people building armies of, say, the regular BSG Cylons, or of various GI Joe/Star Wars troops, because they all look the same. But the Borg are, by their nature, all different from one another. This makes the concept of army building them a little problematic to me. How many different sculpts would DST need to make for an "army" to look like an actual army of Borg when posed together, and not just a bunch of clones of one, two, or even 5 Borg?

Apart from all that, it would have been nice if the variant for this series was a slightly different Borg (head piece on the other side, different face, different arm attachment) so that people could at least have something to work with.

As it is, I can't see army building the single Borg that has already been released.

Ensign Ro Laren:

http://www.durfee.net/startrek/images/TNG203.jpg

(Mystique hairpiece sharpie'd black and Valkrie head)

Heh, no need for the Valk head, you can just use Cain's head from BSG. :-)

Personally, I'll probably buy multiples in order to make the alternate outfits from DS9 and movies. For a while, the TNG style uniforms were liberally mixed in with the first DS9 jumpsuits.

Not to even mention the Tribbles episode of DS9. Personally, though, I'll have to do a quick one using a skirt to make that awesome miniskirt TNG uniform that was only in like two episodes. Male head is a must.