UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

So Fury came today... he's really not very nice at all, is he? Terrible headsculpt, sloppy paint, and his wrists are stuck and I fear they're going to twist off... man, if I paid $100 for one of these on the secondary market, I'd be super-pissed.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone sees Archangel - and manages to nab him, i would be SUPER interested in buying him from you, or trading for him.

Or if you could buy me one if/when he comes up again - i would be very much in your debt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

R.I.P. Marvel Universe.....the line is being reworked as "The Avengers"

http://www.mucollectorclub.com/forum/content.php?371-RIP-Marvel-Universe

Dwight Stall (Senior Marvel Product Design Manager) had this to say about Marvel Universe..."For Marvel Universe fans, changes are coming in 2014. This line will be re-christened simply the Avengers line. The figures will stay they same, same style, same articulation, but they will no longer be called Marvel Universe. One of the reasons for this change is they feel this re-branding will help with the Marvel Universe distribution problems. Which makes sense as retailers will relate a line named Avengers more to the movies and animated properties that they like to sell product for."

Also, the Moon Boy and several other of those figures are customs. Sorry to be the bearer of other bad news.

Perhaps this time around Hasbro can figure out how to successfully sell their toys to people that want them. They seem to have forgotten that recently.

In related news, I ordered the three new(er) figures through Amazon last week (Elektra, Mysterio and the new Rhino). They shipped on the 12th from their distribution center one mile south of my house. The package went from there to Kentucky and then back to my post office where it has sat for two days now. So even when Hasbro does make new figures, I still can't get them thanks to Amazon and the USPS. I ordered 9 days ago and I still don't know when they'll make it the long one-mile trek to my house. :rolleyes:

In related news, I ordered the three new(er) figures through Amazon last week (Elektra, Mysterio and the new Rhino). They shipped on the 12th from their distribution center one mile south of my house. The package went from there to Kentucky and then back to my post office where it has sat for two days now. So even when Hasbro does make new figures, I still can't get them thanks to Amazon and the USPS. I ordered 9 days ago and I still don't know when they'll make it the long one-mile trek to my house. rolleyes.gif

laugh.png Edited by youbastards

So..... will there only be Avengers characters in the Avengers line? How does changing the name help issues with shipping/distribution?

Will there be an accompanying X-Men line & And Spider-Man?

this makes me nervous :/

I believe that it will only be Avengers related characters, then X-Men the following year. Or something. My guess is that they'd have to do a massive recall of all of their peg-warming MU/IM2/Thor/Cap/Spidey/Avengers/IM3 stuff and start fresh. I doubt they'll do that though.

I'd swear the way things have been with Hasbro over the last few years you'd think they were following the Mattel business model for selling toys.

Looking at more of their news, I just realized that Cloak and Dagger (along with Abomination and A-Bomb) are mixed variants, similar to what they've been doing in Marvel Legends. You know, because that's been working out so well. :rolleyes:

If anything, what DST has done with Minimates shows that a company can have the Marvel license and continue to make toys the same way and still keep fans happy for more than ten years.

If anything, what DST has done with Minimates shows that a company can have the Marvel license and continue to make toys the same way and still keep fans happy for more than ten years.

Exact-a-mundo! smile.png

fonzie_henry_winkler_happy_days.jpg

Hasbro tries to manufacture scarcity or increased demand by doing things like running changes in lines and having such shitty distribution, that its almost impossible for fans to complete their collections without a lot of work. DST, on the other hand, has followed the same marketing plan and distribution practice for Minimates for 10 years, with the exception of intentionally making it easier for fans to get chase figures by offering custom cases to some retailers.

Sure, the TRU exclusives cause some headaches, but in the long run even they are easier to collect than most Hasbro figures.

I always think the difference is that smalelr companies like DST have to actually manage their business to survive. They have to know what the market is, what it wants and how to get it to them best. I swear if Mattel or Hasbro came out with a line of toys called Poo Fighters that were sculpted to look like piles of crap with weapons that most retail stores would carry it because of who was selling it and the clout that they have.

I always think the difference is that smalelr companies like DST have to actually manage their business to survive. They have to know what the market is, what it wants and how to get it to them best. I swear if Mattel or Hasbro came out with a line of toys called Poo Fighters that were sculpted to look like piles of crap with weapons that most retail stores would carry it because of who was selling it and the clout that they have.

They have. I give you, Poo-tato.

These aren't Hasbro or Mattel but they are Moose Entertainment, makers of all the Angry Birds stuff you see everywhere. You can pick up your Poo-tato at any TRU.

In fairness, I think that the running change idea isn't a bad one; it's a way to get more figures out without having to produce a whole new wave. But in practice it's been terrible.

I hope that the rebranding thing goes well; I guess the DCUC/DC All-Stars/ DC Unlimited fiasco has made me gunshy. But Marvel Universe has been such an afterthought for me of late that I can't even tell you the last time I bought a single figure. But I don't think rebranding is going to make much of a difference in moving the wall of Iron Man, Thor, and Cap figures I still see everywhere.

BTW, youbastards: what you said about Minimates at TRU is what I say EVERY DAMN TIME somebody begins complaining about them. Minimates are SOOOOOOOO much easier to collect then Mattel and Hasbro lines.

Edited by hellpop

• 3 weeks later...

Exact-a-mundo! smile.png

fonzie_henry_winkler_happy_days.jpg

Hasbro tries to manufacture scarcity or increased demand by doing things like running changes in lines and having such shitty distribution, that its almost impossible for fans to complete their collections without a lot of work. DST, on the other hand, has followed the same marketing plan and distribution practice for Minimates for 10 years, with the exception of intentionally making it easier for fans to get chase figures by offering custom cases to some retailers.

Sure, the TRU exclusives cause some headaches, but in the long run even they are easier to collect than most Hasbro figures.

On a semi-related note, Henry Winkler spoke at my workplace a few months ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it.

I've basically given up on collecting. I've run out of room & money. There will be occasions when I MUST have something though. I'll have to get the Emma Frost figure when it comes out, & I ordered Elektra a while back. In case you guys are interested, here's a picture. She turned out really, really nice...so sad that as soon as MU starts producing top quality figures, Hasbro screws up everything. I'm bitter.

post-2001-0-11959600-1375633174_thumb.jp