UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

I saw Nova at TRU the other day and almost picked him up, but couldn't pull the trigger. It's just not as cool in person as I was expecting from the pictures. Passed on Nighthawk too as I'm not a huge fan of the character. He would make a fantastic minimate though.

Edited by stack32

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have to stop this. You're actually giving me some kind of hope that I might actually find new MU figures at my TRU. I'm sure this will all end in tears like always.

And in case you didn't see it, Mezco will be releasing some Mars Attacks! figures in 3 3/4" scale this year. I'm going to have a hard time not troop building them to stage my own version of the Secret Invasion.

You guys have to stop this. You're actually giving me some kind of hope that I might actually find new MU figures at my TRU. I'm sure this will all end in tears like always.

And in case you didn't see it, Mezco will be releasing some Mars Attacks! figures in 3 3/4" scale this year. I'm going to have a hard time not troop building them to stage my own version of the Secret Invasion.

So excited for those Mars Attacks! figures, I pretty much dropped collecting the 1:18 scale, but I will be ordering a few of those when they're out. I saw the 6'' one at my LCS recently, and it looked really good so I'll be happy if the smaller ones are just the same thing scaled down.

you'd probably be better off waiting for the Running change. I'm pretty sure Hasbro said they'll be releasing a red version of his blue halo costume. There's less customising that way - you just have to paint his gloves and boots yellow.

I've never had any luck finding running changes. I'm still waiting on a classic Havok....

you'd probably be better off waiting for the Running change. I'm pretty sure Hasbro said they'll be releasing a red version of his blue halo costume. There's less customising that way - you just have to paint his gloves and boots yellow.

I've never had any luck finding running changes. I'm still waiting on a classic Havok....

I'll admit that i haven't had much luck with running changes either, but i figure that's because i'm in Australia and we don't always get the first release, let alone the later changes.

Most of my finds have been with the help of board members or eBay.

So tonight I saw that my local Walmart had all the setup for all of their new action figures (though nothing new was stocked yet). Now, I've actually liked the idea of the new $6 5 POA Marvel figures as it gives something cheaper for the kids to have. However, I fifugred out it's a way for Walmart to be completely stupid and out of touch with reality. What I found tonight was 8 pegs dedicated to the cheap Spider-Man figures (of which there are currently only two different versions), 8 pegs for the cheap Iron Man figures (of which there are four different version), 4 pegs devoted to the Avengers cartoon figures and 0 pegs for Marvel Universe. Between that and realizing that all Star Wars figures are now $10 at Walmart and seeing that they've cut space again for action figures (my local WM gives less than one half of one side of one aisle to action figures) I am pretty ticked. It looks as if I'll be forced to buy any new MU on-line and will probably stop getting Clone Wars figures after collecting the whole line. I was very disappointed, which says a lot since I gave up expecting anything from my local WM a long time ago.

Isn't it sad funny how we continue to check in on stores in which we never find anything? I hate going to Wal-Marts, and I can't remember the last time I found something to buy in one, but I still can't help myself. It's that little "what if" nagging in your head....

Someone returned 15 Falcons to my Target a year and a half ago. I don't know why anyone would have that many in the first place, but after he exchanged them for all the different MU figures, they never sold, so they never restocked. No new Star Wars figs in my area since the Phantom Menace wave early last year. This is why I HAVE to order online. I assume that the Walmarts and Targets won't ever get anymore until the lines die and Hasbro remarkets the action figures as a new toy line.

I caved and ordered a set of the currect wave from someone on ebay selling for $15 a piece after shipping. I figure it's not too much more than what I'd pay with tax once I found them, but I hate it that Hasbro and retailers can't figure out case pack out ratios after all of these years with so many different figure lines.

Isn't it sad funny how we continue to check in on stores in which we never find anything? I hate going to Wal-Marts, and I can't remember the last time I found something to buy in one, but I still can't help myself. It's that little "what if" nagging in your head....

I know. I popped into one that had nothing but doc samson and then a lone standard version of absorbing man, who I don't have, but passed on anyway. what if they had something else indeed.

Agreed - my LCS is always clogged with Spiderman variants, while Scarlet Witch, Kang, Cable etc... all flew out the door.

I could handle a bunch of Spider-Man variants if one of them was Bagman.

Overall, I wish Hasbro could realize how broken their distribution is and find a way to fix it. Do you suppose them not being in touch with their market could have some reason to do with them losing money last year?

Alas - no Bagmen amongst them. A few Miles Morales' though.... a lot of Miles Morales' actually. And heaps of Kravens too.

My TRU is clogged... CLOGGED with ASM product that no-one seems to want. So, there's no room for MU stuff at the moment.

Those waves are terrible. 5 different, but samey looking Spidermen, and 1 Lizard per box. guh.

I finally saw a Walmart that was mostly full of all the new Marvel product that's coming out...and it was almost all aimed at kids. Between the several different types of Spider-Man products they had and the few Iron man, It's clear they're targetting the younger crowd and their parents right now. Between all their kid friendly offerings and the deluge of Star Wars Angry Birds crap, I forsee another profit loss for this quarter.

• 2 weeks later...

@Groundhog: that's exactly why I'm so glad that DST's retail partner for Minimates is TRU and not Target or Wal-Mart. As frustrating TRU can be, at least they make an attempt to cater to collectors.

Still haven't seen the latest wave of singles, but I did see the new box sets at last. Funny, at $19.99 they are now exactly the same price as the two packs, with one more figure. I guess TRU thinks that reprint comic is worth $5? Anyway, I picked up the Inhumans set; I hope I don't regret passing on that X-Men one. I want Longshot, and X-Baby Cyclops, but my antipathy towards Rogue and dislike for that Wolverine was too much. Similarly, as much as I want Mockingbird, I just can't bring myself to spend twenty bucks on her when Hawkeye and War Machine are going right into a box.

• 1 month later...